📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

commentary change

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: commentary change

Post by Seabass » 6 years ago

Sabin5995 wrote:Beglin is not the best commentator, I always hated 2011, when you are just offside, just a few milimeters, he'd always said: 'Clearly offside'
Always hated him since :P
I'm not going to defend him to the death but that's probably down to the person/s who wrote his lines. I'm not sure if the commentary team have an input when they're reading but I'm sure both Champion and Beglin get confused when reading certain parts of the Pro Evo script! :oops:

Join me in the Football Forum!

dkirk89
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Le Toon

Post by dkirk89 » 6 years ago

You should have the option for the foreign commentators, you would get sick very quickly but it would be funny. Especially the spanish or brazilian commentry. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

dkirk89 wrote:You should have the option for the foreign commentators, you would get sick very quickly but it would be funny. Especially the spanish or brazilian commentry. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!
Definitely something that could be in for PES 2014. I wouldn't imagine it would be that hard to do.

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 6 years ago

Don't mind the current ones, but as some have said, their script needs an overhaul.

Can't help but cringe when Champion says "Let's get down to business..."

A favourite for me is when Beglin shouts out an OTT "Oh no!!!" It doesn't happen that often, but it always gets a chuckle from me.

Used to like Lawrenson but he's old news now.

I've always thought Robbie Earle and Stuart Robson are good co-commentators. Anybody but Mark Bright or, the Irishman, Aahhhndyy Townsend!

MikeM
Beginner
Beginner

Post by MikeM » 6 years ago

Nades wrote:I would like a new commentary line up! I do miss the old commentators from the old school PES games though.
"Hi, I'm Chris James, the sun is shining and the wind is shooting through the stadium!!" Err, maybe not :lol:

It is one area where Konami are lacking though, the commentary needs an overhaul.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

BunglesFinger wrote:Anybody but Mark Bright
Please, don't even joke about that, will give me nightmares.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

Richard Keys and Andy Gray aren't up to much ; )
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

Shales wrote:Richard Keys and Andy Gray aren't up to much ; )
Banned.

:great:
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:
Shales wrote:Richard Keys and Andy Gray aren't up to much ; )
Banned.

:great:
Big Ron?

Ray Parlour? : ) Didn't he do a bit for Setanta a few years ago?
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

I quite like Guy Mowbray. I think he's one of the best at capturing emotion during exciting moments. I'm still happy with Champion and Beglin though. Just need their triggers and scripts to be improved really.

keith1561
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by keith1561 » 6 years ago

Seabass wrote:
Nades wrote:I would like a new commentary line up!
Who would you want to replace Champion and Beglin? ;)
Jon Champion most of Pes gamers can cope with him, As for Jim Beglin its bloody annoying when he starts criticizing every single time, You miss a shot on goal, while at the same time trying to sound like a smart ass.
I hope you don't give us Jim Beglin. For PES 2014, if they do want to go ahead with Jim Beglin for Pes 2014, I hope they inprove the scripts and someone at Konami can speak very good english and have a very good understanding about football. From 2011 we had Jim Beglin and over that time he has brought nothing to enhance the game.

Commentary is very important part of the game, it give than flows of energy of drama, excitement and passion and emotion. It will heavily enhance our enjoyment while your playing the game.

Konami say they are going to used emotional level from the crowds to feedback to the players and so on home & away performance? On each games,to make your team impact on the each game. And this should make the direct impact in the game. commentary such flows with the game.

Will have to see how than work? Put to me the difference between PES and the likes of FIFA commentary has passion, drama, excitement, as for Pes commentary is almost embarrassing. The commentary i like to hear as follow are Guy Mowbary, Steve Bower, Simon Brotherton, Steve Wilson, Jonathan Pearce, Alistair Mann, They will make Pes than edge of prestige.

keith1561
Warming Up
Warming Up

dkirk89 wrote:You should have the option for the foreign commentators, you would get sick very quickly but it would be funny. Especially the spanish or brazilian commentry. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!
It would be nice to have a choice of foreign spanish or brazilian or italian commentary. There are all sicks when you score a goooooooooolllllll!!!!!!

keith1561
Warming Up
Warming Up

BunglesFinger wrote:Don't mind the current ones, but as some have said, their script needs an overhaul.

Can't help but cringe when Champion says "Let's get down to business..."

A favourite for me is when Beglin shouts out an OTT "Oh no!!!" It doesn't happen that often, but it always gets a chuckle from me.

Used to like Lawrenson but he's old news now.

I've always thought Robbie Earle and Stuart Robson are good co-commentators. Anybody but Mark Bright or, the Irishman, Aahhhndyy Townsend!
I can't help but gringe with the following quote from Jim Beglin.

Sorry about my spellings I have dyslexia.

1. Right in front of goal and he has miss it, I don't have to tell him that not good enough.
2. Although he hit the crossbar, just off but it away for me.
3. Just how wasteful was that.
4. Than really poor finished. Really should of done better that very poor. in the end.
5. halftime your team is in - front by fews good goals. Your buzzing. And Jim Beglin say? Although there leading they ha'vt played than well they not strenge the opposition. just make it more expanding game than got to change?

And when you do score a goal. He will say most of the time, This is my kind of football, good passing movement at the right tempo is really enjoyable, or a good cutting edge in there attack, Nothing about the goal?

Most of the time I turn the commentary off. Which is very sad because it his a good football game.

I hope they give us some halfway decent commentary this year.

tinashe112
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by tinashe112 » 6 years ago

jr51 wrote:does anyone know if there is going to be new commentary tracks as I would love to see clive tyledsley and andy townsend given a shot at pro evo as I think in my opinion that they are better than jon champion and jim beglin what does the forum think do we need a change or not???? :-D :-D

i totally agree the commentry is not accurate at all

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

keith1561 wrote:The commentary i like to hear as follow are Guy Mowbary, Steve Bower, Simon Brotherton, Steve Wilson, Jonathan Pearce, Alistair Mann, They will make Pes than edge of prestige.
All good commentators. But they'd all sound bad on PES if their scripts and triggers aren't great. I know it shouldn't really be a priority for Konami but one day, I hope they can improve it.