Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

This Friday, I'll be heading to Windsor for my first hands-on with PES 2014 for this year's PES European Community Event, hosted at Konami UK HQ.

The guest-list includes members of the press, as well as a handful of figures from various PES communities - including OPE, PESFan, WENB - who will all be given an early glimpse of the new game. For those wondering, I've been told it will be the same code that was at E3!

The game will only be at around 60% completion, however, if you want to get my personal opinions on the game, please post your questions below and I'll do my best to answer them during and after the playtest.

Questions regarding gameplay are encouraged.

All questions will be acknowledged but please understand that I may not be able to answer every single one. I suspect the usual 'no-go' areas will apply: licenses, downloadable content, online play, etc.

For those wondering, the recording of gameplay footage is strictly not allowed. However, the good news is that there will be no embargo on impressions so I'll be able to publish a full write-up sometime next week. I'll also be able to capture some nice photos of the event itself, as well as in-and-around of Konami's new European HQ.
  • If you have any questions regarding my personal opinion on PES 2014, please post them below and I will answer every single one as soon as I can.
European PES Team Leader Jon Murphy and PES Marketing Producer Manorito Hosoda will both be in attendance, and will be taking questions. If you want me to ask them any specific questions, post your Qs in this thread.

✅ 🐦 💟

milenec11
Warming Up
Warming Up

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by milenec11 » 4 years ago

i would like to ask if the last year issue with the bad goalkeepers potitioning has solved, if they add any attribute on that potition (reflex, aerial command...) and generally if they improved on that very serious issue, (any information will be wonderfull)

thanks in advance

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

This probably goes down as general goal keeper improvments but I'd like to be able to throw the ball out manually. The current assisted one is a terrible. I don't know how many times my keeper throws the ball out to the opposition when playing MLO. Would be great is we could use LT or L2
Last edited by Shales on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ironivan
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by ironivan » 4 years ago

Will there be a new engine for the nets? More realistic nets, like in the older versions on ps2? (the physics look more realistic in my opinion)

scad11
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by scad11 » 4 years ago

An option to switch off offsides?

Variation in referee decision, some lenient, some ruthless

Option to play a quick free-kick

Varying turf types, muddy pitches affecting players movement and ball physics

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

scad11 wrote:An option to switch off offsides?
:shock: (crazy)
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

manualfooty
Beginner
Beginner

Post by manualfooty » 4 years ago

I'd like to know several things from you, Mike....
1. how truly does manual control feel like really playing manually? In PES 2013, crossings are not manual at all with 0 support pass. goal kicks are not manual either. I am really hoping every single kick you control can be truly manual!!

2. Are the players still "on the track" while chasing the ball? Hopefully with the new engine, this problem is gone.

3. how is offside? we get too many offsides in PES 2013. not intelligently runs by attacking players are often seen to cause offside in PES 2013.

4. how are the Refs??- I feel that in PES 2013, we get too many yellow cards on little collisions.

5. also please check players ability to kick with non-dominant foot especially shooting. In PES 2013, on average, non-dominant foot shootings are way underrated.

6. Cursor switch/change- BETTER?? I often encounter a player who is physically closet to the ball makes unintelligent run/move and ended up not keeping the ball in the field and gives away throw ins to the other team.

7. Camera angles- hopefully we have good customized set up options available.
Last edited by manualfooty on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

pesalways
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by pesalways » 4 years ago

Couple of quick questions:

-New stats...Penalties, Free Kicks, Corners
Only having place kicking is not accurate, because some players are brilliant at Penalties but cant take Free-Kicks & Vice-Versa

-New stats for GKs...Handling, Shot Stopping etc
I felt Pro has needed new stats for Gk for a long while

-Lenient, Strict & Fair refs

-Enjoyed PES 2013 alot but is defenders pulling back attackers sorted out i.e Using Theo Walcott i get infront of the full and knock the ball ahead, only for the defender to cling onto me, make me stumble and take the ball. really annoys ... either give a foul for it or at least allow attackers to go down pressing one button

-Players being too honest... Many time ive been challenged and the player automatically jumps/skips the challenge and continues to run this. This sounds like a good thing but when its the Champions League semi-final in ML and you need a goal its the worst thing possible when its happens in the penalty area

Woodzy187
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Woodzy187 » 4 years ago

Hi mike... Can you give us any feedback on the range of passing, thought the manual long passing was hard to master, would really like to feel the weight of the ball and not always feel restricted, so basically yeah ur opinion on the freedom of a match..... Cheers

Mike
Founder
Founder

Thanks for all the questions so far. Keep them coming. :)

Also, to make things easier, there are no TWO Q&A threads for Friday's event. This one you're in now is for gameplay related questions. To submit questions to Jon Murphy and Manorito Hosoda, please go here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1308
✅ 🐦 💟

Afolash
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Afolash » 4 years ago

please tell them to give room for national anthem under team edit in edit mode so that all unlicensed national teams can have their national anthem recited before matches

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 4 years ago

How are goalkeepers? Do you think the new free kicks system is good and what about the guidance bars? How does it feel to score a goal on PES 2014? :D

bigol
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bigol » 4 years ago

Please check if we can still

Use R2 finesse shots
Use right analog stick to change player cursor

Thanks

Mike
Founder
Founder

bigol wrote:Please check if we can still

Use R2 finesse shots
Use right analog stick to change player cursor

Thanks
I already know this one. Yes to both questions! ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

radrsb
Amateur
Amateur

Re: PES 2014 OPE Playtest Q&A - July 5th at Konami HQ

Post by radrsb » 4 years ago

Will there be two player BAL? Playing with a fixed cursor on ML is fun but it's not the same.