Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Markinho
Warming Up
Warming Up

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by Markinho » 4 years ago

Hi Mike can you ask them if there will be more celebrations after winnig the League or the ChampionsLeague, Euroleague.
I mean we are playing hours and hours and i wan't to see my Team celebrate this moment more than just 2 or 3 min.
In PES 2 every Player got a handshake and a medal it was more than just a Game.
The next step is that we the gamer can celebrate by our self but that is just my dream for this great game.

Thanks
Markinho

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 4 years ago

'Speed merchants' still existing?

General information about the stat system (due to the new engine there has to be some kind of change - return of 'old' stats such as acceleration and shoot technique?)

when playing pes 2014 which type of players or stats seem to be the most dominate. (example: robben and sergio busquets - in the last years speed has become more and more important whereas anticipation and great positional play are not a big factor if at all)

thanks

pesalways
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by pesalways » 4 years ago

-Will there be a stats for Tackling & Marking? Its very hard to judge whats good about defenders in the current PES... & i only know whos good at tackling because i play it day in day out.

-Have they changed the advantage rule, needs to be way more realistic.... Players get away with too many bad challenges.... Play should carry on if there is an advantage and then the player should be booked once the ball goes out of play.

pesalways
Warming Up
Warming Up

And last one lol

-Has the stamina system changed? I think temporary stamina is more realistic (But it should last longer than it does on FIFA)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

OnlyProEvo hope you have blast tomorrow bud. Glad to see you get rewarded with these play tests for the work you put in. Hope you get a good amount of time to blaze the game. Hope it ain't just a massive international winner stays on session ; )

Looking forward to your reports.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

pesalways
Warming Up
Warming Up

100%last one

-More realistic player ratings (This especially has a big effect on BAL) but also needs to bw more realistic in general.... dont think ive ever seen someone play a 9... even after scoring 5 goals lol

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

Thanks for all your questions.

Each one has been added to my list of 'things to look out for'. I'll try and get through as many Qs as I can.
✅ 🐦 💟

Mike
Founder
Founder

Right, back after a long day at Konami HQ. Very happy with the game so far but at such an early stage, there's still a long way to go. And for those wondering, I'll publish my thoughts on Monday. :-)

As for the questions already posted in this thread (the ones I can answer anyway), let's do this!

Any more gameplay Qs, let me know.

I played the game (very early code (75%)) for around 2½ hours (with the Q&A lasting around 30 minutes). I know 150 minutes sounds like a long time but please understand that it's not easy to get everything right in just one afternoon. Also don't forget the majority of my replies will be my opinion, so whether you agree with me, that's up to you. Feel free to take this with a pinch of salt! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

Mike
Founder
Founder

milenec11 wrote:i would like to ask if the last year issue with the bad goalkeepers potitioning has solved, if they add any attribute on that potition (reflex, aerial command...) and generally if they improved on that very serious issue, (any information will be wonderfull)

thanks in advance
Goalkeeper animations looked great, throw-outs are very good and very free, but I'll admit the current 'keepers need work. To simply sum things up, I scored most of my goals by hitting it as hard as I could. The shots weren't placed well but the goalkeepers never stood a chance. Positioning and reading of play quite erratic, too. Not a good way to start, I know!
Shales wrote:This probably goes down as general goal keeper improvments but I'd like to be able to throw the ball out manually. The current assisted one is a terrible. I don't know how many times my keeper throws the ball out to the opposition when playing MLO. Would be great is we could use LT or L2
As mentioned above, GK throw-outs are superb now. So much more freedom, and don't worry, you won't need LT/L2. Also, you can cancel throw-outs now which is a really useful feature to use if you're worried about throwing away possession.
scad11 wrote:An option to switch off offsides?

Variation in referee decision, some lenient, some ruthless

Option to play a quick free-kick

Varying turf types, muddy pitches affecting players movement and ball physics
1. No.
2. Not in this code. Probably too early to ask.
3. Yes. Much better than PES 2013!
4. Same pitch (daytime Allianz Arena) so cannot answer.
manualfooty wrote:I'd like to know several things from you, Mike....
1. how truly does manual control feel like really playing manually? In PES 2013, crossings are not manual at all with 0 support pass. goal kicks are not manual either. I am really hoping every single kick you control can be truly manual!!

2. Are the players still "on the track" while chasing the ball? Hopefully with the new engine, this problem is gone.

3. how is offside? we get too many offsides in PES 2013. not intelligently runs by attacking players are often seen to cause offside in PES 2013.

4. how are the Refs??- I feel that in PES 2013, we get too many yellow cards on little collisions.

5. also please check players ability to kick with non-dominant foot especially shooting. In PES 2013, on average, non-dominant foot shootings are way underrated.

6. Cursor switch/change- BETTER?? I often encounter a player who is physically closet to the ball makes unintelligent run/move and ended up not keeping the ball in the field and gives away throw ins to the other team.

7. Camera angles- hopefully we have good customized set up options available.
1. I think I used manual controls more than most. With that, crossing is much more free. You can run to the by-line and you can cross it backwards (unlike PES 2013 where every single cross will end up in the GKs hands!). Power bars, movement (left-right) and curve for GK kicks now. One of the main things I took from today: this game has SO much more freedom.

2. From what I played, I didn't feel a need to use super-cancel. I will have to ask the other attendees to what they thought though.

3. There were quite a lot of offsides today. The defensive line was quite high. I fed this back to Konami.

4. Good, probably better, but probably still need work. I did 'test' them about a lot today with some quite disgusting challenges, so I guess it's a good thing that I often ended up with 10 or 9 men. Some odd decisions though.

5. I don't quite understand the question. Either way, I remember taking most of my shots with my forwards' stronger foot.

6. Not perfect but we fed this back to Konami.

7. Customizing cameras is awesome. We only had "Wide" today but using the customizing options, a full range of views were covered.
pesalways wrote:-New stats...Penalties, Free Kicks, Corners
Only having place kicking is not accurate, because some players are brilliant at Penalties but cant take Free-Kicks & Vice-Versa

-New stats for GKs...Handling, Shot Stopping etc
I felt Pro has needed new stats for Gk for a long while

-Enjoyed PES 2013 alot but is defenders pulling back attackers sorted out i.e Using Theo Walcott i get infront of the full and knock the ball ahead, only for the defender to cling onto me, make me stumble and take the ball. really annoys ... either give a foul for it or at least allow attackers to go down pressing one button

-Players being too honest... Many time ive been challenged and the player automatically jumps/skips the challenge and continues to run this. This sounds like a good thing but when its the Champions League semi-final in ML and you need a goal its the worst thing possible when its happens in the penalty area
1 +2. Stats were hidden.

3. Hard to say right now. I need to play more. There wasn't any stumbling but defenders did catch up sometimes. I remember playing someone who was one-on-one, about 30 yards out, but I managed to get back with Dante and was able to make a VERY satisfying sliding block to stop him from scoring.

4. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with 'honesty' but with the new MASS system, players can often end up on their backs after feeling contact. Maybe I was 'testing out the refs' too much? ;)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Woodzy187 wrote:Hi mike... Can you give us any feedback on the range of passing, thought the manual long passing was hard to master, would really like to feel the weight of the ball and not always feel restricted, so basically yeah ur opinion on the freedom of a match..... Cheers
Would need a few more hours alone with manual passing to make a fair comment... but can easily say there's A LOT more freedom when passing now - even with assisted settings.
Pete Evo wrote:Do you think the new free kicks system is good and what about the guidance bars? How does it feel to score a goal on PES 2014? :D
Konami told me the guidance bars are less reliable now. Shots will depend more on a player's attributes. Only had a few FKs so would be unfair to say anything.
tigerwalms wrote:Mike, please have a close look at this shoulder barge and jostle. Note how much of a difference it makes to when you don't do it. Basically, before getting the ball are we going to need to 'right stick flick' every time? It could get really tedious is my worry, and turn the game into a boring muscle-fest.
From what I experienced, the balance was about right, against AI and human opponents. Strength is a big factor but not a deciding factor - for eg, Lahm was pretty handy for physical contests for me.
EvoPES wrote:3. Frequency of using feints by AI.
4. Probability of successful result for forward in duel between forward and goalkeeper.
5. Probability to play without forwards.
6. New species of camera.
7. The reaction of the fans on the action on the stadium. Availability of differences between home and away match.
8. Changes in tuning of the tactics.
9. Degree of strictness of referees’ decisions.
10. Help of partners during defending. The level of defense in general.
---
11. Is there a quick kick-off in the game?
12. Is there the game speed settings?
13. Is there a misunderstanding between the players?
14. Does the goalkeeper play a last defender role?
15. Can we change the number of fans on the stadium?
16. Are the player conditions have changes during the game?
17. Has the camera «player» some changes?
18. Is it possible to adjust the defense line?
19. Is it in personal statistic tactical and technical actions for the each player?
20. How difference between the ball trajectory and the direction in free kick?
21. Can we feel kicks, physical contacts? Weight and dimensions really do matter? Can we feel the speed, acceleration?
22. Have the tactical settings some changes?
23. How masterfully are goalkeepers? What about their animations?
24. How organized players support the attack? What about openings?
3. Often - realistic. Robben and Ribery aren't afraid to show off, like in real life.
4. One-on-ones? From what I saw, goalkeepers were good.
5. No.
6. Only "Wide" was available today.
7. I played with sound off so couldn't comment. There was only one stadium (Allianz) and Bayern were home in every game I played.
8. Ambiguous question. Not sure what you're asking for exactly.
11. Yes.
12. Didn't check. Sorry. I assume there was though.
13. I don't quite understand what you're asking?
14. When the ball is in the other half? Yes, the goalkeeper pushes forward.
16.I didn't check.
18. Yes. Also, for GKs, you press L1/LB to make your defence push forward / come back. Very useful!
19. Stats were hidden.
20. Didn't take many FKs so would be unfair to comment.
21. Yes, yes, yes. The physicality is amazing. My #1 feature so far.
22. Didn't check as the Game Plan screen is not 100% yet.
23. Good animations but there are some problems. See my post above to read about GKs.
24. Generally very good. Movement very good. But for whatever reason, too many offsides.
✅ 🐦 💟

Mike
Founder
Founder

Gunnerpesfan wrote:Will weather be affecting gameplay? As this is an important feature which affects so many areas of football such as: strategy etc.
Will the Heart feature be a dramatic or subtle feature in the difference of player abilities and form to me it should be subtle especially because its the first time its been used.
Will player switching be more accurate ?(Player cursor) because in pes 13 it can really be a game spoiler
1. I wanted to ask this in the Q&A but didn't have time to ask. I believe there's a chance snow will be in the game.
2. I remember being told it affects the entire team rather than individual players so changes will be there and will be subtle.
3. Already answered. See above.
EvoPES wrote:1. Is it possible to lose ball while dribble by making some wrong movements?
2. How far are defence lines from box by default??
3. Can user predict AI reactions after for example 20 matches?
4. How often referee will whistle during game?? Is he strict or not?? Can he give some time for fightning?
5. How reasonable are cards, especially for "last hope" fouls??
6. How often we can see mistakes and misunderstandings between AI players??
7. Barca - Santos. Can we watch domination of club from Catalonia with its typical possession?? How strong is PES ID (Team ID)??
8. How often AI tries to dribble the opponent in 1-on-1 situations??
9. Can players get poor self conditions during the match??
10. How many players can be involved in offensive actions with new Team ID system?? Will be there some presets???
11. Will it be possible to move wall manually in free kick situations???
12. How fast is button feedback??
13. Is it possible to play by GK for the whole match and let all game to AI??
14. What about hand-play foul?? Does it exist in 2014 ProEvo??
15. How many chances in tackles while attack have small players?? Can they avoid fight by their parameters and agility??
16. How teams react on different situations?? For example, in important or unimportant matches, when they lose or getting draw?? Can AI go all-in or go for the keeping result by changing FW by defender and vice versa ??
17. Are such players as Neymar, Messi, Robben or Ronaldo unstoppable?? Or they also make mistakes and chances to the opponent to take the ball???
18. Does the trajectory in free kick depend on player skills?? And does it change when you want to use 2nd player??
1. By getting tackled? Yes.
2. Strange question. It depends where the ball is. I found the defensive lines quite high (far up the pitch). This may have resulted in lots of offsides.
5. 3 out of 5 last man fouls resulted in red cards. Not perfect.
8. AI is not afraid to take you on during one-on-ones. Like in real life, Robben in tough to defend against.
9. Yes. Players can start matches with low motivation and low form.
11. I tried to move the wall but couldn't. Same result with trying to add / remove players from the wall.
14. No.
15. Yes. Like I mentioned above, Lahm isn't very strong or very tall but I found him winning some of his physical battles today.
17. No. They're good but if you can defend well, you will tackle them.
18. Yes. I didn't try using the 2nd player unfortunately.
✅ 🐦 💟

Mike
Founder
Founder

Pes140 wrote:1. Does the last defender/goalkeeper (especially) now get a red card for illegally preventing goal scoring opportunities?

2. Has the animation of a player stretching to make an overhead pass/clearance/shot been varied/modified?

Happens way too often on the current pes, especially when it is not what would happen in a real game.

3. Has manual long balls' range been increased?

Often when using the manual lob I find i can only pass relatively short distances, unless it is a cross field ball.

4. Have stoppages become more seamless?

Quick free kicks/throw ins are few and far between and choppy imho. More often than not, it is better to let the quick free kicks go as it adds little advantage as it's usually sluggish (players not showing real initiative)

5. Do referees now give yellow cards after letting play continue?

I use it to my favour when I'm playing but it really should be fixed lol.
1. Yes but not always. I think this needs work. I have fed this back to Konami.

2. Can't say for sure, sorry. Very hard to remember exact animations.

3. From what I remember, manual long passes are better. Need more time with manual controls though before saying anything concrete.

4. Yes. Throw-ins are great. Quick free-kicks are less frequent but are just as useful. Much better than PES 2013.

5. YES. Very pleased to see this today... even though I often ended up with 10 men! :-)
harmonyvid35 wrote:Interceptions -

Pes13 is bloody woeful at them. It's as if they wanna get outta the way from them lol. With new freedom now it'll be good to know if players can better cut out passes rather than let them pass thru their legs :)

If their is a chance to play the AI (harder difficulties), let them have the ball to see how well they play. The vid with the Bayern AI passing it back to their keeper has got me pumped :)
Team styles + how well they impliment tactics would be good to hear about for offline longevity

This might sound weird, but if you have 10mins in a 1v1, can you spam the crap outta passes, shots, tackles, tricks etc. Could help in finding some imbalances for feedback in multiplayer when using the cheap tactics that plague Pes online atm.
Much better. AI (including your own players) are well up for incepting a ball. I know exactly what you're talking about when the ball goes straight through your defender's legs and you're unable to do anything.... but no, I didn't see any of this happening today.

I'm not sure what the default difficulty was but I did see my AI opponent pass it back to the GK. Very cool!
Markinho wrote:Hi Mike can you ask them if there will be more celebrations after winnig the League or the ChampionsLeague, Euroleague.
I mean we are playing hours and hours and i wan't to see my Team celebrate this moment more than just 2 or 3 min.
In PES 2 every Player got a handshake and a medal it was more than just a Game.
The next step is that we the gamer can celebrate by our self but that is just my dream for this great game.
Sorry, didn't have time to ask this. Will ask in my next Q&A. :-)
floriank90 wrote:'Speed merchants' still existing?

General information about the stat system (due to the new engine there has to be some kind of change - return of 'old' stats such as acceleration and shoot technique?)

when playing pes 2014 which type of players or stats seem to be the most dominate. (example: robben and sergio busquets - in the last years speed has become more and more important whereas anticipation and great positional play are not a big factor if at all)
Stats and player cards were hidden. As for your last point, games seemed pretty balanced overall.
pesalways wrote:-Will there be a stats for Tackling & Marking? Its very hard to judge whats good about defenders in the current PES... & i only know whos good at tackling because i play it day in day out.

-Have they changed the advantage rule, needs to be way more realistic.... Players get away with too many bad challenges.... Play should carry on if there is an advantage and then the player should be booked once the ball goes out of play.

Has the stamina system changed? I think temporary stamina is more realistic (But it should last longer than it does on FIFA)
Stats were hidden. Sorry. Good news though, the advantage rule is there. And yes, players can be booked once play has stopped. A welcomed addition! 8-)

Stamina system seemed similar to PES 2013.
Shales wrote:OnlyProEvo hope you have blast tomorrow bud. Glad to see you get rewarded with these play tests for the work you put in. Hope you get a good amount of time to blaze the game. Hope it ain't just a massive international winner stays on session ; )

Looking forward to your reports.
Thanks a lot. It was a really good day with really good people. Just knackered now though, but I see you're the 2nd to last question so I can go off to bed soon. Yeah... I've had more exciting Friday nights! :evil: ;)
pesalways wrote:-More realistic player ratings (This especially has a big effect on BAL) but also needs to bw more realistic in general.... dont think ive ever seen someone play a 9... even after scoring 5 goals lol
You mean overall ratings? I didn't look at them because they usually change between now and the game's final release.
✅ 🐦 💟

bogeyexpress
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bogeyexpress » 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing the feedback and taking the time to answer so many questions.
"The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of choosing." - Optimus Prime

XBOX 360 GT - bogeyexpress

Woodzy187
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Woodzy187 » 4 years ago

Thanks for the excellent early assessment, Legend that man! ;)

ruffierforfrance
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by ruffierforfrance » 4 years ago

Thanks for doing this and everything else this Forum provides:

Was the possession balanced during the match?

Were there more CPU fouls called?

Were there set piece defensive options such as men releasing early from wall, moving the wall sideways, or adding men to the wall?

Could you choose to release the ball underhand or overhand as a goalkeeper?