Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Woodzy187
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by Woodzy187 » 4 years ago

Ok mate cheers :)



Shahn10
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012
Supports: Juventus-Chelsea

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by Shahn10 » 4 years ago

Are there gonna be any new game modes in Pes14? (ope)

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 4 years ago

Hey guys - haven't been active on here in a while but have been reading up still :) Nice work on the Q+A Mike and also on the gameplay impressions.

Don't mind that you can score from near halfway if everything falls into place rather than being a cheap exploit. Variety of goals is what makes real football so good to watch. If we saw the same strike over and and over even real life would feel boring.

As mentioned by others, the shooting was good on PES 2013 but was really let down by the goalkeeper animations. To hit a cracking shot but see the keeper flop on his side is such a let down and an anti-climax. I was watching some goals I scored on PES 2011 and when you scored, the keepers at least looked like they were really stretching out to save it. That's what I want to see back.

I'd also like to see more varied and more natural shooting trajectories. More shots that bounce, swerve and dip with a natural look. In PES 2013 there's a certain volley you hit where there is a wicked dip to the ball but it looks really odd and too drastic a dip. I'd love to see shots that dip but sometimes go over, sometimes land on the roof of the net and sometimes go in! Hopefully they can free up how the ball travels when shooting and then balance the goalkeepers to that.

As much as FIFA's gameplay in general gets repetitive and boring quickly, I do find that the combination of goalkeeper and shooting animations and trajectories can give you a more satisfying feeling when scoring (at the moment). On the other hand, PES is brilliant all over the park but too often I've felt like cringing when watching the replay of a goal.

What kind of shot variation did you notice Mike and did the power or trajectory get affected by how your body shape was or did the body shape adjust to suit the type of shot the AI thought you were going to hit?

That was my main gripe when switching to PES 2011 from FIFA - the AI would sometimes override your full powered shot for a chip just because the keeper was off his line. i.e. a lack of freedom was the feeling.

PESimmer
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 9, 2013

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by PESimmer » 4 years ago

Yes, i agree. Did you see Freekicks/Shots like this in PES 2014?
In PES 2013 they are not possible imho.


User avatar
BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by BunglesFinger » 4 years ago

onlgproevolutions

Thanks for all feedback, great to hear your opinions.

One thing; did you notice if it was possible for players to take a set piece with their weaker foot? I was thinking more of corners.

Cheers
Chris Coleman - Manager of the Year 2018

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

Have they improved/changed the nets? They looked unrealistic and stretchy in PES 12 and 13....
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by danmarsh » 4 years ago

Nades wrote:Have they improved/changed the nets? They looked unrealistic and stretchy in PES 12 and 13....
I don't think they look unrealistic if you look nearly every team in world football has box nets now. But you could be right about being over stretched when the ball hits the net.

User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

Nades wrote:Have they improved/changed the nets? They looked unrealistic and stretchy in PES 12 and 13....
Never really had a problem with them. Would much rather have 'stretchy' nets than boring ones that barely move, as if the balls has hit a brick wall.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

EvoPES
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 2, 2013

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by EvoPES » 4 years ago

1. How well do the players choose their positions?
2. How often does the AI make long-range shots?
3. How do the shots feel? Is it possible to hit it strongly, sending it flying very close to the field?
4. Can one do a straight shot from a corner kick?
5. How is the penalty shots system manifested?
6. Is there snow among the options of the weather conditions?
7. Does the referee let the play flow without interrupting?
8. How good are the headers?
9. Is it always possible to resume the game quickly after a pause?
10. Are there any elements of fair-play, apart from the delayed booking?
11. Can a player lose the ball while running or pass it by? Is the ball move completely independent from a player’s move?
12. Were there injuries in the game, did the physios come out to the field?
13. Did the players lose their balance while amplitude moving?
14. Do the players stand up quickly after physical contacts or do they spend a lot of time lying down on the ground?
15. Is the AI accurate in passing, how often are the interceptions?
16. Does the goalkeeper insure the defenders outside the box?
17. Do the defenders start the attacks with long passes forward?
18. Do the strikers press the goalkeeper?
19. Does the AI produce long passes from free kicks, and not just shots?
20. Can a striker win an aerial ball from a goalkeeper?
21. While corner kicks, do the goalkeepers try to intercept?
22. How does the The Heart system affect the game? How do the players reach an understanding?
23. Is there statistics shown during the game?
24. Are the away team supporters heard well?
25. How do the home team supporters react on the away team attacks? What are the impressions from the sound?
26. Your review says that every next move is separated from the previous one, could you comment on it?
27. Do the goalkeepers under the AI control play the ball with their legs?
28. Is it possible to play the whole match for a goalkeeper by fixing the сursor on him?/Will it possible to play the whole match by goalkeeper?

In advance, on behalf of all Russian PES community, thank you for your answers!
Last edited by EvoPES on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

EvoPES wrote:1. How well do the players choose their positions?
2. How often does the AI make long-range shots?
3. How do the shots feel? Is it possible to hit it strongly, sending it flying very close to the field?
4. Can one do a straight shot from a corner kick?
5. How is the penalty shots system manifested?
6. Is there snow among the options of the weather conditions?
7. Does the referee let the play flow without interrupting?
8. How good are the headers?
9. Is it always possible to resume the game quickly after a pause?
10. Are there any elements of fair-play, apart from the delayed booking?
11. Can a player lose the ball while running or pass it by? Is the ball move completely independent from a player’s move?
12. Were there injuries in the game, did the physios come out to the field?
13. Did the players lose their balance while amplitude moving?
14. Do the players stand up quickly after physical contacts or do they spend a lot of time lying down on the ground?
15. Is the AI accurate in passing, how often are the interceptions?
16. Does the goalkeeper insure the defenders outside the box?
17. Do the defenders start the attacks with long passes forward?
18. Do the strikers press the goalkeeper?
19. Does the AI produce long passes from free kicks, and not just shots?
20. Can a striker win an aerial ball from a goalkeeper?
21. While corner kicks, do the goalkeepers try to intercept?
22. How does the The Heart system affect the game? How do the players reach an understanding?
23. Is there statistics shown during the game?
24. Are the away team supporters heard well?
25. How do the home team supporters react on the away team attacks? What are the impressions from the sound?
26. Your review says that every next move is separated from the previous one, could you comment on it?
That's Mike's evening sorted! :great:
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4351
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: OPE HQ
Contact:

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

Shahn10 wrote:Are there gonna be any new game modes in Pes14? (ope)
Game modes haven't been announced yet. It's been suggested this news may come around Gamescom (21-25 August).
CalcioCalabrese wrote:Hey guys - haven't been active on here in a while but have been reading up still :) Nice work on the Q+A Mike and also on the gameplay impressions.

Don't mind that you can score from near halfway if everything falls into place rather than being a cheap exploit. Variety of goals is what makes real football so good to watch. If we saw the same strike over and and over even real life would feel boring.

As mentioned by others, the shooting was good on PES 2013 but was really let down by the goalkeeper animations. To hit a cracking shot but see the keeper flop on his side is such a let down and an anti-climax. I was watching some goals I scored on PES 2011 and when you scored, the keepers at least looked like they were really stretching out to save it. That's what I want to see back.

I'd also like to see more varied and more natural shooting trajectories. More shots that bounce, swerve and dip with a natural look. In PES 2013 there's a certain volley you hit where there is a wicked dip to the ball but it looks really odd and too drastic a dip. I'd love to see shots that dip but sometimes go over, sometimes land on the roof of the net and sometimes go in! Hopefully they can free up how the ball travels when shooting and then balance the goalkeepers to that.

As much as FIFA's gameplay in general gets repetitive and boring quickly, I do find that the combination of goalkeeper and shooting animations and trajectories can give you a more satisfying feeling when scoring (at the moment). On the other hand, PES is brilliant all over the park but too often I've felt like cringing when watching the replay of a goal.

What kind of shot variation did you notice Mike and did the power or trajectory get affected by how your body shape was or did the body shape adjust to suit the type of shot the AI thought you were going to hit?

That was my main gripe when switching to PES 2011 from FIFA - the AI would sometimes override your full powered shot for a chip just because the keeper was off his line. i.e. a lack of freedom was the feeling.
Goalkeeper animations have been improved. I seem to recall Konami confirming goalkeepers have been "totally redone" which should make things quite interesting.

From what I remember, the trajectory of shots were improved. But I'd prefer to have another go on the game before I make any big comments regarding shooting. This is a bit of a useless answer but at this moment in time, I'd rather stay in territory where I'm knowledgeable. I hope you understand. :)
PESimmer wrote:Yes, i agree. Did you see Freekicks/Shots like this in PES 2014?
In PES 2013 they are not possible imho.

I wasn't able to try it myself but yes, I've been told they're now possible. When the explained the new guidance bars, they said the new feature was to allow users to have more freedom when placing their shots.
BunglesFinger wrote:did you notice if it was possible for players to take a set piece with their weaker foot? I was thinking more of corners.
No, I didn't see an option for this.
Nades wrote:Have they improved/changed the nets? They looked unrealistic and stretchy in PES 12 and 13....
They looked fine. I didn't notice any major issues with them.
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4351
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: OPE HQ
Contact:

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

EvoPES wrote:1. How well do the players choose their positions?
2. How often does the AI make long-range shots?
3. How do the shots feel? Is it possible to hit it strongly, sending it flying very close to the field?
4. Can one do a straight shot from a corner kick?
5. How is the penalty shots system manifested?
6. Is there snow among the options of the weather conditions?
7. Does the referee let the play flow without interrupting?
8. How good are the headers?
9. Is it always possible to resume the game quickly after a pause?
10. Are there any elements of fair-play, apart from the delayed booking?
11. Can a player lose the ball while running or pass it by? Is the ball move completely independent from a player’s move?
12. Were there injuries in the game, did the physios come out to the field?
13. Did the players lose their balance while amplitude moving?
14. Do the players stand up quickly after physical contacts or do they spend a lot of time lying down on the ground?
15. Is the AI accurate in passing, how often are the interceptions?
16. Does the goalkeeper insure the defenders outside the box?
17. Do the defenders start the attacks with long passes forward?
18. Do the strikers press the goalkeeper?
19. Does the AI produce long passes from free kicks, and not just shots?
20. Can a striker win an aerial ball from a goalkeeper?
21. While corner kicks, do the goalkeepers try to intercept?
22. How does the The Heart system affect the game? How do the players reach an understanding?
23. Is there statistics shown during the game?
24. Are the away team supporters heard well?
25. How do the home team supporters react on the away team attacks? What are the impressions from the sound?
26. Your review says that every next move is separated from the previous one, could you comment on it?
27. Do the goalkeepers under the AI control play the ball with their legs?
28. Is it possible to play the whole match for a goalkeeper by fixing the сursor on him?/Will it possible to play the whole match by goalkeeper?
1. From what I saw, very good. It was great running down with the wing with Robben, cutting inside but then switching play back to the touchline by playing a through ball to the over-lapping Lahm.

2. How often? Tough Q to answer. Can't give a specific answer but they do shoot from long range.

3. Better than PES 2013. Low shots? Yes, I think you do this by holding down Δ/Y after you've press the shot button.

4. Yes.

5. You're given a target which will allow you made an accurate decision as to where to put your penalty. Like I said in my playtest impressions (which I hope you read! ;) ), I only took one penalty and missed it so I'm probably not in the best position to talk about penalties.

6. Not in the current code.

7. Yes. And he'll also hand out cards once play has stopped.

8. From what I remember, better than PES 2013. Although didn't have many so can't make any further comments.

9. Do you mean a pause in the play, like quick free kicks and quick throw-ins? If the ball is reachable, a quick throw-in will happen. Quick FK's will happen less often (usually because the adboards will keep the ball close to the pitch).

10. Please tell me examples of 'fair-play' and I'll tell you if I experienced any of them.

11. I don't think the ball's "completely independent". Obviously you need to have some balance otherwise the game will just become a complicated mess.

12. Not in this code.

13. They may have slowed down but didn't fall over or anything like that!

14. How does one define a long time? After big tackles, players obviously take some time to stand up.

15. Yes. Interceptions will always depend on the pass itself so impossible to say.

16. I don't understand this question.

17. Yes.

18. Yes.

19. Yes.

20. Maybe. I didn't see it during my 3-hour playtest. It may be possible but it's quite rare to see goalkeepers shorter than most outfield players.

21. Yes.

22. Can't talk about Heart yet. 3 hours of playtesting isn't enough. I like how it can counter bad form arrows though - like I mentioned in my impressions article.

23. Not in this code.

24 & 25. I don't know. There was sound on the game but it was on a very low setting.

26. I don't understand this question. Please post my exact quote so I can make further comments on whatever it is I said. ;)

27. Are they more patient with the ball? Do they hold it with their feet? At times, yes.

28. I didn't try this, sorry.
✅ 🐦 💟

PESimmer
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 9, 2013

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by PESimmer » 4 years ago

1. Do you think we will be able to play an online leauge cooperative against the AI this year? (hmm)
2. What happens at throw-ins when the ball is not in range? Do the audience throw the ball back, e.g.? Or is there respawn like in 2013?
3. Does the crossbar shake when a hard shot hits it? :-)
4. Do sometimes lawn-pieces fly around? (e.g. on goalkicks) (wave)
5. What happens if you put down the ball too far accidently and you press a button? Does the player slide afterwards and try to reach it?
6. Do the players try to reach the ball while looking forward if it's played to short and slightly behind them or do they turn around?
7. What happens when you run towards a player lying on the ground? Does your player jump over it automatically?
8. Do players on the ground try to reach balls which are passing by (high/low)?
9. Do the keepers roll off the ground after a jumping save and get back on their feet?

10. sry for my english, i hope you understand what i mean. :/

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4351
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: OPE HQ
Contact:

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

PESimmer wrote:1. Do you think we will be able to play an online leauge cooperative against the AI this year? (hmm)
2. What happens at throw-ins when the ball is not in range? Do the audience throw the ball back, e.g.? Or is there respawn like in 2013?
3. Does the crossbar shake when a hard shot hits it? :-)
4. Do sometimes lawn-pieces fly around? (e.g. on goalkicks) (wave)
5. What happens if you put down the ball too far accidently and you press a button? Does the player slide afterwards and try to reach it?
6. Do the players try to reach the ball while looking forward if it's played to short and slightly behind them or do they turn around?
7. What happens when you run towards a player lying on the ground? Does your player jump over it automatically?
8. Do players on the ground try to reach balls which are passing by (high/low)?
9. Do the keepers roll off the ground after a jumping save and get back on their feet?

10. sry for my english, i hope you understand what i mean. :/
1. Jon Murphy has said online mode details will come around Gamescom (21-25 August).
2. Similar to PES 2013 I think.
3. No, the crossbars react realistically.
4. I didn't see this.
5. I don't understand the question.
6. A very specific question which you should have probably asked before the playtest.
7. When the AI-controlled Javi Martínez was on the floor, I didn't jump over him because the ball was next to him. Again, a very unique question for a very unique situation. I'll need more time with the game to test this.
8. I don't think so. Generally when you fall over , you're too busy trying to regain your balance to worry about the ball.
9. Goalkeeper animations look very good. But as for this specific animation, I can't remember. Remember the playtest was only 3 hours long and we weren't allowed to record gameplay.
✅ 🐦 💟

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by danmarsh » 4 years ago

Mike on konami's page it said off line community mode is not in but it does not matter to me if you can create your own league in league mode and add what teams you like in a league. That's what was good about community mode can you confirm this please :)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests