Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 4 years ago

Thanks Mike :) looking forward to seeing more footage and playing a demo.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

danmarsh wrote:Mike on konami's page it said off line community mode is not in but it does not matter to me if you can create your own league in league mode and add what teams you like in a league... can you confirm this please :)
That's what Manorito Hosoda told me last Friday:
Mike OPE: Will teams of the Copa Libertadores and AFC Champions League be able to be used against European opposition in Exhibition Mode for PES 2014?
Hosoda: Not officially. But not in Exhibition. In 'League' mode, you will be able to put any team in that league - unofficially.
✅ 🐦 💟

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

Thanks for answering all these questions, I really can't wait now :D
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 4 years ago

(y) Great work on the Q & A lads

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Flash11 wrote:(y) Great work on the Q & A lads
My thoughts exactly. Mike, I just hope you don't have to wait a whole year for your next Q&A with the Japanese PES team! ;)
Join me in the Football Forum!

Flash11
Regular
Regular

That comment has just confused the life out of Seabass (crazy) would we not have to wait a year anyway.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Flash11 wrote:That comment has just confused the life out of Seabass (crazy) would we not have to wait a year anyway.
I meant I hope there is another chance to interview Hosoda and maybe Kei Masuda too. :)

I appreciate the UK guys like Jon Murphy but as a fan, I prefer to hear from the team who spend 99% of their year in Tokyo.
Join me in the Football Forum!

Flash11
Regular
Regular

Get ya now mate, i know what your saying its good to hear from the lads who are hands on with it on a daily basis.

Just realized that ive been updated to moderator. Now lets kick on (ope)

MikeM
Beginner
Beginner

Post by MikeM » 4 years ago

Hi Mike,

Does the trajectory of the ball from goalkeepers' throws look better now? In PES2013 the ball often seemed to shoot upwards from the keeper's hand immediately after leaving his grip, and then arc from there (looking totally unrealistic) It's only something I've noticed in 2013, as before (in older games) it seemed fine.

Is player I.D extended to keepers' for example did Neuer do his "Schmeichel style" starjump in one v ones?

Can you also roll the ball into the net (like a pass into the goal) as in 2013 it seems you have to blast the paint off the ball even from 6 yards out?

Thanks.

Mike
Founder
Founder

MikeM wrote:Does the trajectory of the ball from goalkeepers' throws look better now? In PES2013 the ball often seemed to shoot upwards from the keeper's hand immediately after leaving his grip, and then arc from there (looking totally unrealistic) It's only something I've noticed in 2013, as before (in older games) it seemed fine.

Is player I.D extended to keepers' for example did Neuer do his "Schmeichel style" starjump in one v ones?

Can you also roll the ball into the net (like a pass into the goal) as in 2013 it seems you have to blast the paint off the ball even from 6 yards out?
1. Yes, a lot better. Goalkeeper throw-outs feel and look right now.

2. I'd need another hands-on to identify specific Player ID animations.

3. I didn't try this, sorry. I'll make sure I remember to test this out next time.
✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

MikeM wrote:Can you also roll the ball into the net (like a pass into the goal) as in 2013 it seems you have to blast the paint off the ball even from 6 yards out?
Now that the passing is fully manual I'd imagine you'll be able to roll the ball into the next using the pass button.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

What does the shooting feel like? Does it feel good? And does it feel like PES 13?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

MikeM
Beginner
Beginner

onlyproevo wrote: 1. Yes, a lot better. Goalkeeper throw-outs feel and look right now.

2. I'd need another hands-on to identify specific Player ID animations.

3. I didn't try this, sorry. I'll make sure I remember to test this out next time.
Great, thanks.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Nades wrote:What does the shooting feel like? Does it feel good? And does it feel like PES 13?
It feels better than PES 2013, that's for sure. Although I'll also admit I need another hands-on before I can speak about shooting. Sorry for the rubbish answer.
✅ 🐦 💟

MikeM
Beginner
Beginner

What is the physicality like now in terms of players interacting? PES2013 still felt a bit restricted, especially the "stumble" animation when a player was dispossessed. Is there more variety in the way players bounce off one another and ride / react to tackles now?

Hopefully the "teleport" glitch has gone now too, in 2013 often if you did a freestyle trick, the player would lose the ball entirely and continue his motion while the ball was two feet away.

(Guess who is now playing PES13 and scrutinizing every detail? :P )