Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by tigerwalms »

Mike, please have a close look at this shoulder barge and jostle. Note how much of a difference it makes to when you don't do it. Basically, before getting the ball are we going to need to 'right stick flick' every time? It could get really tedious is my worry, and turn the game into a boring muscle-fest.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

milenec11
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by milenec11 »

i would like to ask if the last year issue with the bad goalkeepers potitioning has solved, if they add any attribute on that potition (reflex, aerial command...) and generally if they improved on that very serious issue, (any information will be wonderfull)

thanks in advance

EvoPES
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by EvoPES »

Hello! We're glad to ask you about PES 2014! All questions and suggestions from Russian PES-community are set out below. I look forward to a reply at your convenience. Thank you for your consideration!

Details to peer:
1. Arrows of direction of the player for attack and defending which can be tuned in menu.
2. Fair-play.
3. Frequency of using feints by AI.
4. Probability of successful result for forward in duel between forward and goalkeeper.
5. Probability to play without forwards.
6. New species of camera.
7. The reaction of the fans on the action on the stadium. Availability of differences between home and away match.
8. Changes in tuning of the tactics.
9. Degree of strictness of referees’ decisions.
10. Help of partners during defending. The level of defense in general.
---
11. Is there a quick kick-off in the game?
12. Is there the game speed settings?
13. Is there a misunderstanding between the players?
14. Does the goalkeeper play a last defender role?
15. Can we change the number of fans on the stadium?
16. Are the player conditions have changes during the game?
17. Has the camera «player» some changes?
18. Is it possible to adjust the defense line?
19. Is it in personal statistic tactical and technical actions for the each player?
20. How difference between the ball trajectory and the direction in free kick?
21. Can we feel kicks, physical contacts? Weight and dimensions really do matter? Can we feel the speed, acceleration?
22. Have the tactical settings some changes?
23. How masterfully are goalkeepers? What about their animations?
24. How organized players support the attack? What about openings?

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike »

EvoPES - It looks like you've posted the same message on PESFan. :|

I'll get in touch and see if I can collaborate with them as I don't think it will be productive for two fansites to arm themselves with the exact same questions given the time limit with JM and MH will be quite limited.
✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Post by tigerwalms »

onlyproevo wrote:EvoPES - It looks like you've posted the same message on PESFan. :|
You sound like a scorned lover. :lol:

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike »

tigerwalms wrote:
onlyproevo wrote:EvoPES - It looks like you've posted the same message on PESFan. :|
You sound like a scorned lover. :lol:
There's a lot of prep work still left to do and I want to make sure everything goes as efficiently as possible.

Duplicate questions is a big no-no in this relationship! ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Post by tigerwalms »

onlyproevo wrote:There's a lot of prep work still left to do and I want to make sure everything goes as efficiently as possible.

Duplicate questions is a big no-no in this relationship! ;)
Can you ask them, no, tell them that if they want the presentation quality of their game dramatically improved then I'm the man they need for the job.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike »

Sure, I'll hand them one of your business cards! :twisted:

Guys, just a quick one. If you have any 'yes/no' questions that you want to submit, please tell me. This is a very useful way to find out the facts of the new game as it won't take long to find out if certain features are in or not.

For example, my check-list already contains:
  • Option to turn offsides off? [ ]
    Option to play quick free-kicks? [ ]
    Possible to play without a striker [ ]
    New stats? (Free kick, penalty and corner taker, etc) [ ]
    Goalkeeper-specific stats (handling, shot stopping, etc) [ ]
    Game speed settings? [ ]
    Right analogue to change players [ ]
It will take just a few seconds to check and then to add a 'X' or a '✔' to my notes.
✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 »

Can you please test whether the goalkeepers are still terribly susceptible to a player running at a slight angle to them, the positioning at their near post in PES2013 is nothing short of shocking... If they improve this (and generally make the goalkeepers better!) then I will be happy! Too many times in MLO have I seen Casillas just wave a ball in a foot away from him when in real life he'd have caught it/pushed it away with no hassle!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike »

I've made a great start with my prep work for Friday but there's still time for you to send your questions in.

Also, for those of you who haven't checked the site or my Twitter feed, Konami have confirmed they will be showing off a BRAND NEW code of PES 2014.

Compared to what was shown at E3, which was at about 60% completion, this week's attendees will get a hands-on with a more polished game.
✅ 🐦 💟

Gunnerpesfan
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Gunnerpesfan »

If pes is aiming for simulation why is there a marker with the new free kick system ? Please remove
Will weather be affecting gameplay? As this is an important feature which affects so many areas of football such as: strategy etc.
Will the Heart feature be a dramatic or subtle feature in the difference of player abilities and form to me it should be subtle especially because its the first time its been used.
Will player switching be more accurate ?(Player cursor) because in pes 13 it can really be a game spoiler

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass »

onlyproevo wrote:Compared to what was shown at E3, which was at about 60% completion, this week's attendees will get a hands-on with a more polished game.
Adam just tweeted this....
Improvement list on E3 code is impressive! Can't wait to see what people think, especially those who played it at E3! #PES2014
I'm so jealous I can't stand it! :great:
Join me in the Football Forum!

EvoPES
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by EvoPES »

As we promised :-)
1. Is it possible to lose ball while dribble by making some wrong movements?
2. How far are defence lines from box by default??
3. Can user predict AI reactions after for example 20 matches?
4. How often referee will whistle during game?? Is he strict or not?? Can he give some time for fightning?
5. How reasonable are cards, especially for "last hope" fouls??
6. How often we can see mistakes and misunderstandings between AI players??
7. Barca - Santos. Can we watch domination of club from Catalonia with its typical possession?? How strong is PES ID (Team ID)??
8. How often AI tries to dribble the opponent in 1-on-1 situations??
9. Can players get poor self conditions during the match??
10. How many players can be involved in offensive actions with new Team ID system?? Will be there some presets???
11. Will it be possible to move wall manually in free kick situations???
12. How fast is button feedback??
13. Is it possible to play by GK for the whole match and let all game to AI??
14. What about hand-play foul?? Does it exist in 2014 ProEvo??
15. How many chances in tackles while attack have small players?? Can they avoid fight by their parameters and agility??
16. How teams react on different situations?? For example, in important or unimportant matches, when they lose or getting draw?? Can AI go all-in or go for the keeping result by changing FW by defender and vice versa ??
17. Are such players as Neymar, Messi, Robben or Ronaldo unstoppable?? Or they also make mistakes and chances to the opponent to take the ball???
18. Does the trajectory in free kick depend on player skills?? And does it change when you want to use 2nd player??
With best regards, Russian community EvoPES.com!

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 »

1. Does the last defender/goalkeeper (especially) now get a red card for illegally preventing goal scoring opportunities?

2. Has the animation of a player stretching to make an overhead pass/clearance/shot been varied/modified?

Happens way too often on the current pes, especially when it is not what would happen in a real game.

3. Has manual long balls' range been increased?

Often when using the manual lob I find i can only pass relatively short distances, unless it is a cross field ball.

4. Have stoppages become more seamless?

Quick free kicks/throw ins are few and far between and choppy imho. More often than not, it is better to let the quick free kicks go as it adds little advantage as it's usually sluggish (players not showing real initiative)

5. Do referees now give yellow cards after letting play continue?

I use it to my favour when I'm playing but it really should be fixed lol.

harmonyvid35
Amateur
Amateur

Post by harmonyvid35 »

Interceptions -

Pes13 is bloody woeful at them. It's as if they wanna get outta the way from them lol. With new freedom now it'll be good to know if players can better cut out passes rather than let them pass thru their legs :)

If their is a chance to play the AI (harder difficulties), let them have the ball to see how well they play. The vid with the Bayern AI passing it back to their keeper has got me pumped :)
Team styles + how well they impliment tactics would be good to hear about for offline longevity

This might sound weird, but if you have 10mins in a 1v1, can you spam the crap outta passes, shots, tackles, tricks etc. Could help in finding some imbalances for feedback in multiplayer when using the cheap tactics that plague Pes online atm.