📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Combination Play...

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Combination Play...

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 5 years ago

Hey, just seen one of the videos detailing the Combination Play feature (3:47 in the video below) and is anyone else a little worried about how badly this could be abused online.. I mean, one of the examples shown is a midfielder getting a ball and immediately the player on the far side bursts away for a long over the top through ball, the same thing most people have been complaining about for the entire time of PES2013.. Now it seems rather than setting speed merchants bursting forward with a click of the right stick, the throughball/pace abusers will be able to trigger Martins and Hulk to tear off either side of the center backs as soon as they get the ball in their own center circle (or something along those lines)...

Basically, if the defensive AI isn't up to scratch and they dont upgrade some of the defenders pace (oh and remove full pass assist online!) then this is going to be abused non stop surely?? I hate to complain or moan about anything because the game looks bloody awesome but having watched this today, I am a tad worried about it! What do you guys think??

[youtube]Y0-m4Hv0QcE[/youtube]

PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: Combination Play...

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:Hey, just seen one of the videos detailing the Combination Play feature (3:47 in the video below) and is anyone else a little worried about how badly this could be abused online.. I mean, one of the examples shown is a midfielder getting a ball and immediately the player on the far side bursts away for a long over the top through ball, the same thing most people have been complaining about for the entire time of PES2013.. Now it seems rather than setting speed merchants bursting forward with a click of the right stick, the throughball/pace abusers will be able to trigger Martins and Hulk to tear off either side of the center backs as soon as they get the ball in their own center circle (or something along those lines)...

Basically, if the defensive AI isn't up to scratch and they dont upgrade some of the defenders pace (oh and remove full pass assist online!) then this is going to be abused non stop surely?? I hate to complain or moan about anything because the game looks bloody awesome but having watched this today, I am a tad worried about it! What do you guys think??

Yeah agree man. I am not strongly worried right now beacuse I haven't played the game yet.

No matter how perfect they make the game there are always going to be "Try hards" onlinewho will exploilt any flaw in the game and use the most easiest way to score. OPE said that the new engine will allow Konami to easily make changes to the game so hopefully with enough feedback regarding the onlne "trends" Komani can tone things down a bit if methods are too deverstating.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Yeah I guess you are right, those people will always exist unfortunately and I suppose all we can do really is hope that Konami can keep up to date with exploits and obvious defensive deficiencies and remedy them with patches.. Just seems strange that the one thing that most people have complained about for the entirety of PES2013 online (other than lag cheats) is the over powered pass assist through ball and then they add in a feature that could (conceivably) make this even easier to achieve while giving two potential targets for the pass itself... Guess we just have to hope the pass assist is scaled back and the defense can deal with it better this year!

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

I haven't played PES 2014 online yet, but from what I've seen so far, I'm confident MASS with significantly improve the defensive side of the game.

Unlike PES 2013, you now have a lot more control over defensive situations like trying to defend chipped through balls and going shoulder-to-shoulder against your opponent's forward.
✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Ah ok, well maybe that will help then and more control over the defense is certainly a good thing in my opinion.. I am just hoping that the ai will be intelligent enough to cover the runs rather than the current taking 2-3 steps in the wrong direction then pursuing Van Der Mirch or whoever... But if you can out muscle and potentially block out lobbed through balls then that will definitely help..

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

As long as the new defending options are good enough to counter the attacking options, I'll be happy. It would be amazing if all online matches were decided by skill. :-)
Join me in the Football Forum!