📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2014 Demo Discussion Thread - Send Konami Your Feedback!

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

PES 2014 Demo Discussion Thread - Send Konami Your Feedback!

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

With the PS3 demo out tomorrow and the Xbox 360 version out on Thursday, I think now's the right time for the demo discussion thread. :-)

Use this thread to post your feedback (good and bad ;) ), screenshots, videos and anything else that's related to the PES 2014 demo.

----

onlyproevo edit: Please use this thread to submit your feedback to Konami.

The more you play, the easier it will be for you to identify the good (and bad) parts of the game. So try to come up with balanced ideas and avoid going trigger-happy just because you've had one bad match.

As always, try to look at the game from all different angles:

- Aesthetics: players, teams, cutscenes, stadiums, movements, animations, camera positioning.
- Gameplay: passing, weight of ball, attacking, defending, goalkeepers, team shape, speed, responsiveness, continuous play, new controls, manual vs assisted.
- Atmosphere: crowds, commentators, referees, player reactions, Heart.
- Miscellaneous: anything else you feel needs mentioning.

The deadline for Konami feedback submission is 5pm (UK) Tuesday 17th September.

Thanks! :-)

Join me in the Football Forum!

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Re: PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

For he guys who have a PS3, I just read that the Demo is already available in the US-Store.
I still have to wait until Thursday. Quick question: Will the demo be released around midnight or actually just Thursday morning or noon?
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

HAKKICHA
Warming Up
Warming Up

Re: PES 2014 Demo Discussion Thread

Post by HAKKICHA » 5 years ago

I played the demo on my Xbox 360.. It was available after 2pm UK Time.. Graphics looks amazing but gameplay was not that good imo.. Last year I ditched the FIFA 13 for the PES 2013 cuz I honestly believe that PES 2013 has way better AI than the FIFA game but the demo of PES 2014 has so many AI problems.. And the goalkeepers are worst than the 2013 version.. It may not be the %100 finished game but definitely it felt like an unfinished game.. :cry:

nikolapfc89
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Partizan Beograd

Post by nikolapfc89 » 5 years ago

Hey guys,one question:
I am live user,i dont have GOLD,will i have some trouble (like getting banned) cause i play pes demo like silver user?

PS:Adam confirmed that this demo IS NOT finall code :/
Wow antoher "lie" by konami. But i guess this is good,so they can sort some things up.
PES 2014 Waiting for Kojima!
PES 2013 Could be better,but also could be worse :)
PES 6 Shollym patch - more than game!

HAKKICHA
Warming Up
Warming Up

nikolapfc89 wrote:Hey guys,one question:
I am live user,i dont have GOLD,will i have some trouble (like getting banned) cause i play pes demo like silver user?

PS:Adam confirmed that this demo IS NOT finall code :/
Wow antoher "lie" by konami. But i guess this is good,so they can sort some things up.

I'm pretty sure that if you don't have Gold subscription, you can't download it for a week or two..

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

My cheapskate brother has been doing this for years. Uses my Gold to download demos and DLC and then uses it for his Silver membership. Microsoft have never had a problem with me so you have nothing to worry about nikolapfc89. :)
Join me in the Football Forum!

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 5 years ago

I will hold off from getting the demo this year! Makes me less excited for the full game!
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Manchels17
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Manchels17 » 5 years ago

I am not sure if Demo is the final code but, what I liked about PES was that player body movement is realistic, but I didn't really like the gameplay. AI seems to be out of control, I don't see that there is any idea in the players, I don't feel that I have full control of the players as they don't response quickly to my commands, and players are just bouncing off each other cause of it. Players take forever to change direction when running with the ball, players have late reaction so they take forever to react and initiate movement when you want to chase the player with the ball. Players make realistic movements when they dribble, tackle and run in a straight line, but when they run about the field vertical or horizontal, they run by players, don't stop running even if I change direction it takes about half a second for players to respond to my command. Basically players look like robots in the way of latency with player commands and apparently, AI seems to have the same problem. So the Demo feels like an experiment unfortunately, it is feels buggy and unfinished.

ironivan
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by ironivan » 5 years ago

Right!!! I'm with you :(

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

Is it possible to get the demo from Xbox-Live US? Can I create an account with US region and download the demo?
Or do I still have to wait until tomorrow? :/

I just can't wait, I need to play the demo :D
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Carlos
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Carlos » 5 years ago

Nothing changes
[youtube]uN3tVMV2-z4[/youtube]
Sorry for my english :-[

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Nades wrote:I will hold off from getting the demo this year! Makes me less excited for the full game!
I think I am going to tough it out too and avoid the demo. I was really excited to play it but if it isn't final code then I'll just wait for the final game. It will make me enjoy the full game better I think.

I plea for everyone who is providing feedback to play it a good amount of times before commenting. Make sure all the little things bad about it are fed back.

Roll on the 20th!
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

HAKKICHA
Warming Up
Warming Up

Manchels17 wrote:I am not sure if Demo is the final code but, what I liked about PES was that player body movement is realistic, but I didn't really like the gameplay. AI seems to be out of control, I don't see that there is any idea in the players, I don't feel that I have full control of the players as they don't response quickly to my commands, and players are just bouncing off each other cause of it. Players take forever to change direction when running with the ball, players have late reaction so they take forever to react and initiate movement when you want to chase the player with the ball. Players make realistic movements when they dribble, tackle and run in a straight line, but when they run about the field vertical or horizontal, they run by players, don't stop running even if I change direction it takes about half a second for players to respond to my command. Basically players look like robots in the way of latency with player commands and apparently, AI seems to have the same problem. So the Demo feels like an experiment unfortunately, it is feels buggy and unfinished.
Agree with you %100 !! I love PES and FIFA both and I'm sure that PES 2013 is way better game than the FIFA 13.. But still, I'm afraid that they can't complete this game within a year because they started from scratch..

Juharr
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Juharr » 5 years ago

Ok, so I've played it for a few hours, and I guess you can report bugs and other stuff here so:

1. Bad touches: what happens is that I've pressed the shoot button, but rather than shoot on the first touch my player (Juan Mata in this case) takes a touch inside the box, which redirects the ball slowly to the bottom left corner. now whilst the ball rolls, Mata is stuck following it with the shot gauge still visible, just like the opposition gk who could easily slide and take the ball except he doesn't do that. After the ball crosses the goalline and stops in the net, Mata shoots the ball. This also has happened few times on field where players (both mine and opposition) are just locked following the ball until it stops.

2. Random slowmo: every now and then the game suddenly slows down considerably for a few seconds.

3. Slow gameplan menu: there is some lag in accepting the button prompts.

Thats all I've noticed for now, otherwise its been pretty good apart from gks and their lousy attempts to save some goals.

and I'm playing on PS3 if that matters

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 5 years ago

Ok, had a few quick games with a variety of teams... Here are a few impressions..

Firstly, I don't see the latency issues on the controls.. For me, the reason it isn't instantaneous is because they are replicating a players movement, when you want to change direction quickly at a severe angle unless you have Ronaldo or Messi or someone, it is going to be slower.. The way I see it is the players body position and where the ball is in relation to the player matters a lot more now... So if you are sprinting with the ball being pushed ahead, of course there is going to be a gap between your input to change direction 90degrees, the player has to catch up to the ball again.. Anyway, I think it works, it will just take a bit of getting used to after the instantaneousness of 2013..

Secondly, as I was running around on lower difficulties I haven't really tested the AI... I will give that a go later on but to be honest, the first few games I ran round on beginner to check out the dribbling and shooting mechanics!

Shooting seems good, it has a nice weight and power to it... No floaty shots so far! Striking a ball with Ronaldo feels right!

Dribbling, I like the dual stick mechanics, yeah it will take a while to get used to the new system and maybe they should have left the roulette as a spin of the stick (The new one is far too easy to pull off and I envision it being abused online!).. The close control and change of pace sprinting seems nice, I love the fact the tricks seem to change slightly depending on who is doing them and what the situation is Eg/ doing a 90degree change of direction ala Ronaldo might be the sideways Cruyff turn (sorry I cant think what the name of the trick is!) but with someone else they may outside of the boot it 90 degrees to the side.. Interesting to see what else is like this!

Goalkeepers, no idea yet as I was playing on lower... I am hoping MLO and stuff will use Superstar for the keepers, would be nice! Will have to test this out later!

Game plan seemed good, though I agree on the lag there, maybe thats just a demo thing but to be honest PES2013 was never exactly fluid in that either... The random slowdown only happened to me on the national anthems part of the game intro so I am assuming thats a demo issue...

One issue I have is not being able to adjust the power bar of goal kicks after you start it.. If you only hit half power you cant then press it again to fill up the bar like you used to be able to on free kicks etc in 2013... Dunno if thats going to be a final thing or maybe I am just doing something wrong! Oh and holding L1 to do the manual cursor change is annoying but I assume it will become second nature soon!

Overall I think it looks bloody good... I have certainly enjoyed what I have played so far! If this is unfinished code then I am very much looking forward to my pre-order arriving next week to see what the final version is like! My only other complaint is I wish they had included a free training session rather than the skills training, would have been nice to just run around in that for a bit getting a feel for the controls without any opposition or anything!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)