📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2014 Demo Discussion Thread - Send Konami Your Feedback!

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: PES 2014 Demo Discussion Thread - Send Konami Your Feedb

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

Guys, I've updated the first post so make sure you take another look.

Konami have asked me for demo feedback so please make sure you submit all your thoughts and ideas (good and bad) before 5pm on Tuesday 17th September.

But please take your time over this. Remember, the more you play, the easier it will be to identify the game's flaws and qualities.

As always, try to look at the game from all different angles:

- Aesthetics: players, teams, cutscenes, stadiums, movements, animations, camera positioning.
- Gameplay: passing, weight of ball, attacking, defending, goalkeepers, team shape, speed, responsiveness, continuous play, new controls, manual vs assisted.
- Atmosphere: crowds, commentators, referees, player reactions, Heart.
- Miscellaneous: anything else you feel needs mentioning.

Thanks - and enjoy the demo! :-)

✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 5 years ago

I do have one question... In the game plan menu, when you hit r1 to display the form arrows, some players have a red blotch inside them, some green, some yellow behind or to the side of the arrow... Just wondering (I apologize if I missed a video with this explained!) is this to do with the heart thing or is it something else??
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Manchels17
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Manchels17 » 5 years ago

I guess they are in the right track cause it feels like fifa 08

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:I do have one question... In the game plan menu, when you hit r1 to display the form arrows, some players have a red blotch inside them, some green, some yellow behind or to the side of the arrow... Just wondering (I apologize if I missed a video with this explained!) is this to do with the heart thing or is it something else??
Yes, that's Heart. Red means high motivation, orange is medium and blue is low.

Here are my first thoughts. Very good, very fun but a few niggles here and there stop it from being absolutely mindblowing.

- Goalkeepers - sometimes poor to react to lobs and finesse shots. Their positioning at times can be poor as well. They also remain flat footed for wide shots, even if they shot is only 1cm away from the post. It doesn't look very realistic.
- Game Plan menu - painfully slow when switching players. Needs to be sped up.
- Replay mode - like game plan menu, max speed needs to be much faster.
- Player ratings still don't go over 7.5/8. This may just be down to my average performances though.
- Sombrero skill is way too easy to do. I think this happened in PES 2011 as well, every player could do it and online play was abused with sombrero skillers... until it was patched. This must happen again.
- Catchup bug is sort of there. Even with Robben, I can't outpace Rio Ferdinand. :? Also, I just did an overlap with Lahm and Jonny Evans (who's crap) stormed out and closed me down wise absolute ease. If you're ever seen Evans play football, you will know this is a BIG problem!
- Long shots seem a bit floaty. Take a shot from the halfway line and go full power and the trajectory just doesn't seem right at all.
- Power gauges for set pieces, especially corners, are too fast. I know this has always been in PES but I think they're way too sensitive. We need a bigger range and more variation for corner kicks.
- The mouse cursor thing looks horrible. :(
- Goalkeepers are slow when you try to close down the forward during a one on one.
- There's a slight delay before the manual arrow shows. Shouldn't this be instant?

I am still enjoying the game and I think the positives are blatently obvious so I don't need to post them. However, if these issues can be ironed out before (or just after) release day, I'll be happy. :)
Join me in the Football Forum!

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

Pretty much agree with Seabass there.

Game Plan menu is really slow and sluggish, the small player faces to be seen aren't exactly worth the extra loading times. I'd also love the weak foot abilities to be shown in the first stats menu, where you can see which footed a player is. Some kind of a color scale or at least something. I find myself for some reason very often very interested in, which foot the players I play like to use hehe.

Shots are a bit off. Sometimes they seem perfect, sometimes really floaty and weak. Especially finesse, erm I mean controlled shots. They just fly straight up sometimes as if they were lob shots. And the power gauges are rather quick to go by. Then again didn't see much difference when it came to corners whether I pressed only a little or all the way.

But then to the real gist of it: controls. Mainly good, but there are some things I'd like changed:
- first of all, going all without pass assistance or any kind of assistance, still pressing down LT seems to make your passes even more manual, which in my opinion would be weird, if it really does go like that, not 100% sure if it makes any difference
- completely manual shots are too sensitive to the right stick, the angles to hit the goal are in my opinion just a slight bit too small
- I'd love to have the ability to switch the player cursor with right stick movement again when without the ball
- triggering player runs is too tricky, pressing down LB requires too much button dexterity in my opinion, just clicking the right stick like in PES2013 worked better in my opinion

But all in all, I think I'm happy that I preordered PES2014 instead FIFA14. So good job!
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

Erm, I'm not being funny here people but it seems quite obvious to me that the demo is not working as expected. The 'lag' that people are describing must be some sort of error as there's no way that can possibly be intentional? I can understand players taking their time to turn, get the ball off etc etc but this isn't what's happening here, this is just a blatant button delay, it isn't registering the button press until a second after you've pressed it? Judging by the awful lag on the tactics screen (which requires minimal processing power) and the awful framerate on the cutscenes then I don't think this represents the game at all. If this was intentional then I would be staggered. As it is I'll assume this is a demo error so I can't give a balanced opinion yet as I don't feel I've been able to play it as it is meant to play. Hmmm... :/

Oh, and I'm playing the xbox360 demo, not PS3 if that helps, incase the PS3 demo isn't suffering from this?
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Wayne10Rooney
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Wayne10Rooney » 5 years ago

Can you report an "bug" to konami? :-) When you use "Off The Ball Control" when you have an corner kick - you can call one of you're players to stay outside the penalty area, at the top left corner of it (when corner is in right side), and NO ONE of the defenders will stay near you!!! And you will have an free big chance for scoring a goal EVERY time Bad! Try it self!

Also about the "Rainbow Flick. Every single player can use it and master it perfectly every single time! Try with all united and bayern players. Also De Gea and Neuer do it 100% perfect every single time!

Cutscenes, I think it's sometimes too short when you have a good shot on goal. Sometimes you don't see an cutscene with the good chance! :( Also, I think it's bad that Highligst is also too short. You don't see the good combination play ex before you score the goal. You only see 1 sec before you're scored the goal. It's dissapointet because the feeling to see goals again in highligst is great when you see the "full version" of the goal.
Last edited by Wayne10Rooney on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne10Rooney
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Wayne10Rooney » 5 years ago

PLEASE ask Konami to implement "Feint System" again for PES 2014 :-) I really miss it! It's to difficult to use feints without the system.

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:Erm, I'm not being funny here people but it seems quite obvious to me that the demo is not working as expected. The 'lag' that people are describing must be some sort of error as there's no way that can possibly be intentional? I can understand players taking their time to turn, get the ball off etc etc but this isn't what's happening here, this is just a blatant button delay, it isn't registering the button press until a second after you've pressed it? Judging by the awful lag on the tactics screen (which requires minimal processing power) and the awful framerate on the cutscenes then I don't think this represents the game at all. If this was intentional then I would be staggered. As it is I'll assume this is a demo error so I can't give a balanced opinion yet as I don't feel I've been able to play it as it is meant to play. Hmmm... :/

Oh, and I'm playing the xbox360 demo, not PS3 if that helps, incase the PS3 demo isn't suffering from this?
Spot on, glad its not just me, its laggy as hell. Very frustrating. I'm on the PS3 btw.
Bury FC

AC92
Beginner
Beginner

Post by AC92 » 5 years ago

Good
- Great graphics
- great intros
- improved gameplay
- accurate colour and brightness
- good menu layout

Room For Improvement
- goalkeepers positioning
- goalkeepers shot stopping
- goalkeepers animations
- Ronaldos build doesn't look accurate (face width and body)
- penalty (takers animation for controlled shot is not realistic)
- penalty (goalkeepers do not jump for top corner strikes in real life)
- penalty (goalkeepers should use their legs to try and stop central penalties even if they dive the wrong way)
- more animations for goalkeeper attempted saves for lob shots
- when a shot goes past the goalkeeper the keeper runs after the ball, a more realistic approach would be for the keeper to turn his head and watch the ball
- better and more realistic animation for controlled shots
- player change (cursor) is way too slow
- preferred the drag and drop system for subs etc on pes2013 (don't like the use of the cursor icon, too slow)
- superstar difficulty should be extremely hard to win on, more so when its my 4th game on the demo (beat santos 4-0) the harder the game the more exciting, better longevity
- more dragged/scuffed shots when you over/under power a shot or if your being challenged by a defender
- player injuries (pulled groins, hamstrings, clash of heads etc.)
- seems sometimes as if it is to easy to strike the ball cleanly and powerfully when not under much pressure
- defenders should be throwing their bodies at the ball to block the goal bound shot (heart?)
- crowds reaction to a potential chance should be better (raise off their seats)
- crowds response to ex players (boo disliked ex players)
- better range of commentary lines or better commentators

Although the improvements outweigh the good point, this is by no means a bad game. One of (if not) the best Football games Konami has created but would be brilliant if they could implement these fairly simple changes.

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 5 years ago

Good
Gameplay
Passing ainamations
Graphics
heading
shot stopping
Lighting
Atmosphere

Bad points and for me they are big one
Cursor change way to slow
Gk positioning at near post
Shot power to weak
Taking it round players
And sometimes there is a lag in the game at random times that has got to go its annoying

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

After playing for about an hour and a half last night after work I would like to share my first impressions:

The game is absolutely fun, feels very different and I have to be honest - had to get used to everything for a few games. But that's is actually a good thing.
I like the new animations, especially passing, shooting and goalkeeper animations look great.

This is the first time in a PES where I feel that acceleration and explosiveness do have an impact on the reaction of the players. Some need just a second more to get to their top speed while other players are just a bit more explosive.

Also like that there are less cutscenes when there is a throw in and the new player stats. It was about time Konami implemented new kind of stats.

I certainly feel more freedom in terms of control but don't feel like I have absolute full control. But it still does feel more individual than 2013.

---

On the other hand there are a few things that I did not find so positive:

First of all I have to agree with the game plan menu - this is really annoying how slow it is. I guess this is just a demo-problem.

I got two penalties because of the AI tried to block my shot inside the box with a slide tackle and after my shot was not a goal I got a penalty (crazy) If this will be a constant penalty than this will lead to some serious anger issues ( ;) ). Even for me who received the penalty call, this was kind of annoying.

Why isn't there the screen to show which positions the players can play? I know that there is a diagram when you look at the player stats but I liked it that the player menu always showed the positions.

Furthermore I sometimes feel that the players should be more active and not just stand still and wait for me to pass the ball. There should be more movement, but maybe that is somehting I need to adjust in the tactics menu.

Freekicks and corners: The power bar, like already mentioned by Seabass, needs to a bigger range and I need to have more time. This has actually been right in the previous PES.

---

So this is my first impressions. I will play a few more games during my launch break and tonight.

I am still very excited for the full version and I can't wait for the release. First impression is mainly positive! It still is a demo and not the full version (even if the code is the same it is not the same) and a demo is just there to give us a first impression of how the game looks and works. The real reviews can only be valid when the game is released!

Cheers!
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

Thanks for all your feedback so far everyone. Keep it up! :)

Also, if you want to include any videos or screenshots as examples to help get your point across, feel free to do so.
✅ 🐦 💟

chimaira67
Reserve
Reserve

Post by chimaira67 » 5 years ago

seems they have removed the att/def levels and one of the four custom formation/tactics

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

chimaira67 wrote:seems they have removed the att/def levels and one of the four custom formation/tactics
Noticed this too. And I would also want to see a bit better basic formations available. There are only so few of them on the list and some of them I have never seen in real life portrayed as such systems. I would actually wish they took a peek of how they are in FIFA14.

I know it's really easy to change them player positions on formations, but I often don't just want to do that on exhibition matches and such. I'd just want to be able to quickly assign some formations to my backup plans for the fun of it. I don't want to be spending all day tweaking them knowing that I'll most likely not even resort on using them. So quicker application would be much obliged.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho