📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League Online Discussion Thread

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Master League Online Discussion Thread

Post by Shales » 6 years ago

Well after I finally made it online after numerous attempts at getting passed the "Currently Unavailable" message, I set up my MLO team and got started.

First game I lost 3-2. The other guy had Victor Montoya and he scored all 3. I was already thinking, new game, but same players. But nothing can be done about that. Connection was "ok", I won't give it a better description than that. Gameplay seemed ok but cursor change was a bit slow/laggy.

second game was absolutely horrible! I won the game 1-0 courtesy of an own goal. The game was so laggy! I am surprised it didn't cut out. I couldn't string passes together because when my receiving player received the pass, he automatically made another pass in the opposite dirction without me pressing any button. Horrible game to play but happy with the win. Was looking forward to the 40 points that was coming my way. But then it said "connection Lost" and sent me back to the main menu, out of MLO mode.

Pretty horrible experience!

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Re: Pes 2014 MLO

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 6 years ago

Well, I haven't had a game that bad so far... I lost my last game 3-1... The guy I played had Mphela up front and he scored all 3... Nothing my defense could do about his pace unfortunately... Sometimes it feels like the defending players are crazily sluggish but I don't know if thats just MLO, the crap players or something else as I didn't notice that in the offline matches I've had with friends! Looks like people are going for pace again though and not much else... All the most owned players are pacy... I snapped up a striker called Omani, good finisher, nice dribbling etc, seems like a good starting point! 2 wins out of 3 so far...

I don't understand how you earn the points to buy better players though.. If the current trend continues then I can get 40 points a game which means literally it is going to take forever just to get rid of the default team...

Had one disconnect but I think that was genuine as it was 0-0 and he had a pretty decent side (Most of the squad replaced..) so no reason to think it was a cheat or anything...

Can I ask, are you on Xbox? If so, when you go to the friends list and see the most recently met players, do any of the players you have played in MLO show up? On mine they are not which means I can not give feedback to cheap tactic players or decent players! Also, it means if you do get d/c cheated you don't know who it was who did it unless you write down the name beforehand? Seems rather strange after all the hassle over d/c cheats and reporting them in 2013!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Shales

Yeah I am xbox, and no, the friends list doesn't show my recently met players. Crazy hey?

I guess it's natural for every to go for pace as that was the method in 2013, just hope the trend doesn't fully continue in 2014.

Steviedee
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Steviedee » 6 years ago

I played 2 games last night. Both pretty laggy, first guy has Victor Montano and Mphela up front and spammed the long ball. Pummelled the 2nd guy and lost 1-0 lol.
I'll try again during the week to see how the game runs and if it's still laggy I'll probably not bother again for a while.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Its frustrating people are all going for pace though as I dont think I had anyone over 85 speed in 2013 mlo and I didnt do too badly! Guess we will have to see how it plays out! Its bad news people are spamming the long ball tactic again though...

Yeah it is crazy they dont show up, actually ridiculous.. Every other game shows them so why not this one? How are we supposed to report potential cheats? Very odd!

Shales

ukexplicit1984 wrote:Its frustrating people are all going for pace though as I dont think I had anyone over 85 speed in 2013 mlo and I didnt do too badly! Guess we will have to see how it plays out! Its bad news people are spamming the long ball tactic again though...

Yeah it is crazy they dont show up, actually ridiculous.. Every other game shows them so why not this one? How are we supposed to report potential cheats? Very odd!
I expect it will be added in for the next patch. there is quite a bit missing so I expect a patch soon.

Ha, I think I am about to play the guy Steviedee played. He's got Victor and Mphela up front. Both Red Arrows. Nice!

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » 6 years ago

Still waiting for my copy so I can get my game up and running, the fact the guy ordered none in for release date is beyond me. Anyway back on topic I'm guessing online is about speed and lag this year as opposed to the long through ball of last year? worth starting a team off before or after the next patch?
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

Shales

It's quite laggy at times. Sometimes you just can't string passes together because the reactions are terrible. Every team I seem to play has either Victor Montano or Mpleha or both. But it's not as devastating as 2013.

MLO isn't a terrible experience at the mo but it's also not fantastic. I'd say it's worth having a look. You can always stop playing until it's patched.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Well I have had a few good games in mlo.. Dont get me wrong, the Mphela spammers are there and its bloody annoying but the defensive ai deals with it a lot better than last year with vdm... I still cant work out how I will ever earn enough points to improve my squad though... 40 points for a win, 10 for a draw... At least in 2013 you got a million or two and could update contracts or snap someone up with that, at the moment I can sign 10 players but I have nowhere near enough points to actually sign one.. I would like to have replaced the default squad fairly soon but it is going to take masses of games to do so!

Jay_Overidde
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Sheff Wed BvB Fire

Post by Jay_Overidde » 6 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:Well I have had a few good games in mlo.. Dont get me wrong, the Mphela spammers are there and its bloody annoying but the defensive ai deals with it a lot better than last year with vdm... I still cant work out how I will ever earn enough points to improve my squad though... 40 points for a win, 10 for a draw... At least in 2013 you got a million or two and could update contracts or snap someone up with that, at the moment I can sign 10 players but I have nowhere near enough points to actually sign one.. I would like to have replaced the default squad fairly soon but it is going to take masses of games to do so!

Could that be Konami's way of stopping the superstar teams? and points instead of money? That's kinda going down the FUT route isn't it? :/
Twitter - @_flipflopfriday
XBL - FlipFlopFriday

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Jay_Overidde wrote:
ukexplicit1984 wrote:Well I have had a few good games in mlo.. Dont get me wrong, the Mphela spammers are there and its bloody annoying but the defensive ai deals with it a lot better than last year with vdm... I still cant work out how I will ever earn enough points to improve my squad though... 40 points for a win, 10 for a draw... At least in 2013 you got a million or two and could update contracts or snap someone up with that, at the moment I can sign 10 players but I have nowhere near enough points to actually sign one.. I would like to have replaced the default squad fairly soon but it is going to take masses of games to do so!

Could that be Konami's way of stopping the superstar teams? and points instead of money? That's kinda going down the FUT route isn't it? :/
I'm not sure as there is a wage cap in place as far as I understand it in 3 out of the 4 leagues.. So in the league I am currently in, I will only be able to have a squad that will be under a certain wage cap... No idea what that is til I hit it but I am assuming it will prevent a superstar team.. So really, there's no reason to make it such a slow grind.. Only the Galactico league is uncapped I believe... I assume if I stop playing teams of similar strength then the rewards will increase, but realistically with the default team and 3 signings I am hardly going to beat someone with a fully improved first team/squad.. I guess I will have to wait and see what I can do... Just saving up my points to grab myself a quick ish center back and hopefully a right winger at some point soon!

Rage06
Professional
Professional

PS3

Post by Rage06 » 6 years ago

Played MLO on the second day. Won by default without even getting into the match because the connection went (feel for the other guy). 2nd, 3rd and 4th matches were smooth. Played and won two of them and lost one. after that i tried connecting for about 30 minutes without any luck. and in those 30 minutes I automatically lost twice and won one. < MASSIVE Annoyance!

I bought Frimpong as a Defensive Mid as he only cost 228. It's very hard to raise funds now. Don't know ho the other people have 3 to 4 players on their team already. As that was the second day of release :O

Buy yourself a strong defender and a solid center half if you want to deal with those pacey attackers. Make that DM mark the main speed monster. That's how I defeated A LOT of players on PES 2013 :).

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Well I have managed to sign 3 players so far, mainly due to selling some of the defaults with higher player costs that I wanted to replace anyways... Without the fatigue system of 2013 it is only the arrows that cause problems and at this stage, anyone you sign will be better than a default even on a blue arrow in my opinion! So I trimmed the squad and gave myself a bit more of a potent attacking line.. With the catch up thing still in evidence, defenders can wait a little bit longer I think..

Snapped up:
Omani CF- Decent finishing, dribbling and above 80 pace.. Seems decent so far..
Rambe CF- Similar to Omani in stats though not quite as good a finisher!
Saivet SS/LMF/RMF- Good dribbling and relevant skills, using him in LMF at the moment...

Shales

I see most teams have B Parker. Must be some dirty cheap quick player.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 6 years ago

Few games into MLO so far and only one that really suffered with lag as well (on Xbox). Facing plenty of teams with Mphela and the usual suspects but it's early days and hopefully not a sign of things to come. Had some good games against people trying to play possession football but most have been hammering the chipped through all game. Wouldn't mind so much but if they do it for the full 90 minutes they can almost count on some defensive blunder to let them through on goal at least once.

Out of interest will better defenders improve the odds of clearing a ball first time? Too many times they're taking two and three touches just to punt a ball into touch.

Player switch....really struggling online. Tends to be worse in the middle of the pitch where it's a bit more congested. By the time I've got the right player it's usually too late. Are people using manual switch or letting the CPU pick up the ball carrier?