📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Generic faces

adidas84
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Philadelphia Union

Generic faces

Post by adidas84 » 5 years ago

So I picked up my copy of PES 2014 for xbox 360 today here in the states and I LOVE it! Gameplay, presentation, atmosphere, it's as good as ever. My brother and I started a season with GO AHEAD EAGLES in League Mode and we're having a blast! But there are so so so many generic faces. Tons of players who had their real faces even in PES 2013 don't look anything like themselves in this game and it really takes away from the realism. Players like Jack Rodwell, Damien Duff, Demba Ba, Jonas Gutierrez, Eboue, etc. I know they said they will add more faces but does anyone know when and will all the faces that were real in the last game be implemented into this one? I sure hope so.Without the use of xbox live vision I can't add faces I want or pictures I want to uniforms. I wish there was a way to add pics in to the game like the previous games. I am happy about some of the new faces I see put in: like Shelvey, sigurdsson, jermaine jones, michale bradley, good job on that KONAMI!

Also, I know they may take requests for new faces to be added on the DLC packs and my biggest request is FREDDY ADU (of BAHIA) Please put his real face in KONAMI. He's my favorite player and it would mean a lot. If I could still use the xbox live vision I would do it myself. I'm more then satisfied with his rating and how he plays in the game. Just wish his face was proper.

Anyways, thanks for the time. Cheers all! And rock on with PES!!!!

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: Generic faces

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

It's understandable why there are so few preset faces (new engine, time limits, etc) but I don't think anyone can deny it compromises the game's realism. I've started an Arsenal ML and I'm not playing big players like Gibbs, Wilshere and Ramsey because they have rubbish faces.

Especially as Arsenal are the league leaders ( :-D ), it's something that I expect to be fixed. Unfortunately, it sounds like we're months away until Konami release their first batch of faces.
✅ 🐦 💟

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 5 years ago

Rafael and Jonny Evans look shocking for MUFC havent managed to look through others yet. hopefully they can get the main international players all done soon as its bad with them not being done after then looking so good last year.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

adidas84
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Philadelphia Union

Post by adidas84 » 5 years ago

Yeah the new engine makes it understandable and I know they want to get the game out by release. We'll just have to be patient with new face DLC packs. I suppose I can tinker with the new edit mode and try to fix up some faces on my own. I'm sure by the next gen installment of the game they will have all the faces they had and more, plus weather elements, and more stadiums, etc.

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 5 years ago

It's a shame there isn't a lot of faces, but the ones that are done are just sooo detailed. My favourite is Sterling, he looks PERFECT!
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

kravitz
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by kravitz » 5 years ago

There is an address to send a request in KONAMI?
I have a list of over 100 players without faces who must be in the game!
Higuain, Dzeko, Hulk, Lewandowski, Nasri, Isco, Pastore, Modric, Agger, Ivanovic, Handanovic and many others! Tell me where you will send the list of persons who, in my opinion, you first need to add to the game.

guruhamboy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by guruhamboy » 5 years ago

I should imagine that most, if not all of the people on your list will be updated whenever Konami get round to releasing their data pack with the 1000s of new preset faces that we have been promised.

I doubt that anyone who had a preset on the game last year will be missed out in the update. You'd hope not, anyway.

Nades
Professional
Professional

Don't get your hopes up, they only said they'll add hundreds, not thousands. I think they said they're hoping to get up to 1,000 real faces in the game.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

Nades wrote:Don't get your hopes up, they only said they'll add hundreds, not thousands. I think they said they're hoping to get up to 1,000 real faces in the game.
That's right. The two quotes were "hundreds and hundreds" and "up to one thousand".
✅ 🐦 💟

Nades
Professional
Professional

Yeah, how much did PES 13 have?

EDIT: Adam Bhatti ‏Adam_Bhatti 4h
lee_fulcher Konami I think the current face count of just under 300. After DLC we will have over 1000.

So now we will have OVER 1,000? Sounds more promising :D

guruhamboy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by guruhamboy » 5 years ago

Maybe I was right to be optimistic after all? :P

But yeah, I remember the announcement of trying to reach 1,000, and kinda latched onto that.

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 5 years ago

If the new faces match the detail put into the existing presets i will be very happy some of them are amazing to be fair

Steve1875
Reserve
Reserve

Post by Steve1875 » 5 years ago

surely the players who had real faces last year should of had them on release day this year? they could of just left them!the superstars look great lets hope some of the lesser player's get altered
its like attack of the clones in some matches!

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

Steve1875 wrote:surely the players who had real faces last year should of had them on release day this year? they could of just left them!the superstars look great lets hope some of the lesser player's get altered
its like attack of the clones in some matches!
Well, with the new engine I don't think that would have been possible to just "import" all the existing faces. Build from scratch so I think that was the problem.

But I totally get what you are saying. Have you played with an African squad yet? Feels like they are all identical twins because it is just the same face model (except the licensed players :D ).
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Steve1875
Reserve
Reserve

Post by Steve1875 » 5 years ago

shaktar donestk are the same,even louis adriano.when he scored i couldnt tell who was who,four identical blokes in a group hug!