📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Advanced shooting and through ball??

giovanni2k6
Amateur
Amateur

Advanced shooting and through ball??

Post by giovanni2k6 » 5 years ago

What do people think about the advanced system for shooting and thru balls? Personally i dont like it and have changed the back to basic

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Advanced shooting and through ball??

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

I still want to try more of the advanced through balls but I've already gone back to basic shooting. I don't think I'll ever get used to pulling the pulling stick AWAY from the goal if you want to aim for the bottom corner.
Join me in the Football Forum!

rctoast
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rctoast » 5 years ago

I miss the pressure sensitive shooting on ps2 where the power of the shot was determined by how firmly you pressed the button and the height was determined by the length of the button press. I always felt like low, hard shots were very satisfying. I used the advanced stuff for a while but switched back also. I hated advanced shooting b/c it seemed like i hit the posts a lot more. Through-balls were better, but I found myself focusing so much on placing the ball that I would lose it off the dribble. I like to be able to play a through ball quickly.

giovanni2k6
Amateur
Amateur

Post by giovanni2k6 » 5 years ago

Yea thats the same with me, by the time i got the radar were id want my thru ball to go if get tackled so im sticking to basic for both

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 5 years ago

undecided still lol. gauge with Y/Triangle to make it a low shot?

Til the players are fully responsive im not sure. Miss a lot more shots this year with advanced but manual doesnt feel like it did last year so been trying it out. Seemed to have improved a bit after the patch. Saying that though, you really can do some beautiful through balls on advanced and it defo gets easier but i couldnt answer definitively what ill be using until we get an update from this beta (lol).

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

Pes140 wrote:Saying that though, you really can do some beautiful through balls on advanced and it defo gets easier but i couldnt answer definitively what ill be using until we get an update from this beta (lol).
Well, you say it - it is easier with advanced through ball. And I do not want that. Advanced should, in my opinion, mean that it is more difficult to master and not that you get a visual help which makes this neither advanced nor difficult but is more a way to introduce the throughball to newbies.

Don't like advanced shooting either, though I have to agree that manual feels better this year. Still need to work in the skills there but still it feels alright.
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 5 years ago

I had to change it back straight away takes away the realisim of the visuals of the gameplay if theres circles everywhere of where the ball is going to go.

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 5 years ago

Flash11 wrote:I had to change it back straight away takes away the realisim of the visuals of the gameplay if theres circles everywhere of where the ball is going to go.
They are optional.

I personally find advanced harder.

Lateralus I liked manual last year, only long passing was appalling. Enjoyed shooting especially, got quite good at it. This year it's very sensitive it seems but the manual header improvement has worked wonders. As I said, I find advanced harder in a lot of ways tbh, doesn't feel as intuitive.

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

I enjoyed shooting as well but I still like how it feels this year. I think it all just needs some getting used to and then it works they you want it too.
Surely, advanced is probably a huge change if you use it but I also, like Flash11, feel that all the circles and visuals just takes away something from the gameplay.

edit: PES140 do you mean the visuals are optional? If so, I might give it another shot ( :D ).
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Walram3
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: MVV Maastricht

Post by Walram3 » 5 years ago

I find shooting to be very hard personaly.
My experience is that players wait to long before shooting and I must say that it annoys the crap out of me.
For some kind of reason they always take a few more steps before shooting, giving the defender chance to get the ball.
Also, my players never shoot right away when they get a little through ball or something.
There's always that little touch, f#cking up a great chance, where they had to be shooting on goal on first touch.
Is that just my experience, or am I maybe doing something wrong here??
I wouldn't bother following me on twitter if I was you,
I'm pretty boring actualy

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

Walram3 wrote:I find shooting to be very hard personaly.
My experience is that players wait to long before shooting and I must say that it annoys the crap out of me.
For some kind of reason they always take a few more steps before shooting, giving the defender chance to get the ball.
Also, my players never shoot right away when they get a little through ball or something.
There's always that little touch, f#cking up a great chance, where they had to be shooting on goal on first touch.
Is that just my experience, or am I maybe doing something wrong here??
Judging by the posts on this forum, you're not alone. There seems to be some button input lag although Adam Bhatti seems to be ruling out any changes labelling this 'feature' as realistic. :/