Winning Eleven 2014 vs PES 2014

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool

Winning Eleven 2014 vs PES 2014

Post by JohnCB2013 » 3 years ago

Hey! guys,

Finally signed up to these forums so for my first post I thought I'd ask how many of you have played the Japanese version of WE 2014 and how you think it compares to PES 2014?

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Winning Eleven 2014 vs PES 2014

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

Welcome to the forums, John. Great to see you finally make the jump! :-)

I play on Xbox so unfortunately I've never been able to play Winning Eleven. A few weeks ago I tried to download the WE 2014 demo from the Marketplace by changing my locale from UK to 'Hong Kong English' but when you start downloading it ends up giving you the PES 2014 demo. :cry:
Join me in the Football Forum!

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Seabass wrote:Welcome to the forums, John. Great to see you finally make the jump! :-)

I play on Xbox so unfortunately I've never been able to play Winning Eleven. A few weeks ago I tried to download the WE 2014 demo from the Marketplace by changing my locale from UK to 'Hong Kong English' but when you start downloading it ends up giving you the PES 2014 demo. :cry:
Thanks! for the welcome, appreciate it (y)

I play on the PS3 myself and imported WE 2014 (Jap version) a couple of weeks ago and have not looked back since, just having the Japan National Team fully licensed (as is "usually" the case with PES) is almost worth it alone IMO, you also get the National Stadium which is one of the best stadiums in the game, but most of all I can't wait for the J-League DLC that's due out later this month, two new leagues J-League Division 1&2, new cups and loads of FACES all done for the J-League, awesome :-D

On top of all this, the first thing I done when I got the game was download the Japan Challenge DLC (this is where you get the extra stadium from) and it's so much better than the PES World Challenge DLC, you can see a lot more effort has gone into the Japan Challenge DLC.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

How did you manage that? Was it an ebay job? And did you just need to get a PAL region (European) version of WE 2014?
JohnCB2013 wrote:I can't wait for the J-League DLC that's due out later this month, two new leagues J-League Division 1&2, new cups and loads of FACES all done for the J-League
That sounds amazing. Surely this is something that needs to happen in PES next year. No need to make it exclusive to WE, unless of course there are licensing restrictions. Not sure why there would be though.. :?

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Seabass wrote:How did you manage that? Was it an ebay job? And did you just need to get a PAL region (European) version of WE 2014?
JohnCB2013 wrote:I can't wait for the J-League DLC that's due out later this month, two new leagues J-League Division 1&2, new cups and loads of FACES all done for the J-League
That sounds amazing. Surely this is something that needs to happen in PES next year. No need to make it exclusive to WE, unless of course there are licensing restrictions. Not sure why there would be though.. :?
Yes, mate, I did indeed pick up my Jap version of WE 2014 from ebay, I had the item sent directly from Japan, the disc is NTSC not PAL, but obviously I'm playing it on a UK PAL PS3 as the game itself is "Region FREE"

As for the DLC, here are a few screenshots (credit to Todo Winning Eleven) showing some of the upcoming J-League content/FACES etc. as I said before looks awesome IMO, we get nothing even close to this type of quality for PES.

Here you go, look here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 52844f3c61

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

If I had a PS3, I'd definitely do the same as you. How easy is it to work out what the Japanese menus mean? Is it just a case of trial and error to begin with?

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Seabass wrote:If I had a PS3, I'd definitely do the same as you. How easy is it to work out what the Japanese menus mean? Is it just a case of trial and error to begin with?
Shame your not on the PS3 mate. :(

But I can tell you that I did quite a bit of homework looking in to the language options for WE 2014 and in all honesty I found it real hard to get confirmation from anywhere about the subject, in the end after reading up all I could and watching a few videos on YouTube I was fairly confident that you could have "English" text, and....

much to my delight you can :-D when you first load the game up you get a language option (similar to PES 2014) and there are two options English or Japanese, you even to my surprise get the same option for the commentary as well :shock: anyway long story short I have the game setup with English text but with the Japanese commentary team as it's far more exciting than the lifeless UK duo.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

JohnCB2013 - does the 'English text' option include English player and team names too? If so, I may consider picking up a cheap, second hand PS3. :D

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Pete Evo wrote:JohnCB2013 - does the 'English text' option include English player and team names too? If so, I may consider picking up a cheap, second hand PS3. :D
Yes it certainly does mate. :-D

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 3 years ago

John,

I currently have a PS3 but im just wondering how you got hold of WE14 as it sounds like its better than PES14.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

I think it's this - http://www.amazon.com/Winning-English-J ... B00FKSOQBG

I'm sure JohnCB2013 will confirm as soon as he sees this. :)

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Sorry! guys, not been around much this week, I actually got mine from a very good seller via ebay, the item was shipped from Japan and the seller seems to send out all his items marked as a "gift" to stop any extra charges when it arrives in the UK etc.

There is actually a later version of the game released now that the seller also has, it includes the J-League all on disc (I had the original WE 2014 release, so had to get the J-League as DLC)

Look here: (if interested)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-PS3-World ... 2ed32c3d84

Just for the record, I've only used the seller the one time and everything was spot on with the game all brand new sealed and everything, so my personal experience was a very good one, going by the seller's feedback (100%) I assume most people have found him very good up until now.

winning11asia
Beginner
Beginner

Post by winning11asia » 3 years ago

We in Asia also play Winning Eleven 2014, which it basically is a region 3 version of PES 2014.
WE 2014 reg 3 has the same exact content as PES 2014, the differences are that we have Japanese commentary, Chinese language option, and also no access to J-League DLC. Aside than those, it's exactly the same as PES 2014 region 1 and 2.
Watch our WE2014 Online Goals!
Get updates on what's going on in Winning Eleven Asia community!
Visit us where Winning Eleven players from across Asia gather: www.winningeleven.asia