📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

[FEEDBACK] Free Kick/Set Piece Line Guides - In or Out?

Would you like the free-kick/set piece line guide to be removed for PES 2015?

No
8%
Yes
92%

Total votes: 50

Afolash
Beginner
Beginner

Re: [FEEDBACK] Free Kick/Set Piece Line Guides - In or Out?

Post by Afolash » 4 years ago

I voted out as it brings unrealistic feature to the series

xavivi99
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by xavivi99 » 4 years ago

Seabass wrote:I want it removed. It's ugly, unrealistic and most importantly takes away from the surprise, joy and satisfaction of scoring a free-kick.

And no, the replies of 'but you can turn it off' and 'but it's not 100% accurate' don't work for me. I've always admired Konami for being so innovative but this feature just isn't working and should be made a thing of the past come PES 2015.
I absolutely agree

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

How do people feel about the actual control system compared to the previous one? Personally I think it's fine just as long as it's a blind shot with no line.

I'd like to see the controls for lay offs simplified and expanded on. Simple things like putting one of your players in to disrupt the wall or setting your players to attack the far post.

danielrh
Beginner
Beginner

Post by danielrh » 4 years ago

It needs to be removed - guys look upon it has a form of using a cheap route.
PES Rankings Official Event Admin
[/size][/b]
@danielrhenry

"Often copied - NEVER EQUALED"

carlboy
Reserve
Reserve

Post by carlboy » 4 years ago

For me, there are two ways of looking at this - on the one hand, if you're very young or new to footy games, the set piece line will probably be viewed as helpful. On the other hand, if you're a long term PES player (like most of us on here) then the guide line has to go, no question.
Konami are in a no win scenario, remove it & they alienate the players who like it. Keep it & they alienate the players that don't. In order to keep everyone happy the guide lines will probably stay with an option to turn them off completely. It may not be perfect but at least it falls in line with all the other in-game assists that you can adjust & turn on/off.
Personally, as a long term PES player, I voted to get rid of the guide lines. It'll be interesting to see what Konami decide to do.
xbox 360 - CARLBOY1975

clayt
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by clayt » 4 years ago

Hi all.

Thank you for this poll and I hope Konami see it. I voted for yes, I want it removed. I'll provide the reasons in the following words to Konami.

Dear Konami,

There are four reasons why you should ditch the dotted system and bring back the old system for free kicks:

1. Bringing back the old FK system is in tandem with your vision of going back to PES5/6 roots. The dotted system look out of place in PES2015.

2. It's way more interesting, and is deeper than the dotted system by offering a variety of possible shots. It gives more control to the user, you can use different buttons combinations to do daisy cutters or dipping shots or rising shots or soft lobs or knuckle shots or screamers etc. With the dotted system, all you do is choose your aim and press square, nothing else. Turning off the guide by R1 doesn't magically change its nature, it still is a aim-and-press-square superficial system. It robs you from all the controls offered by the old system.

3. The old system already programmed in PES code prior to 2014, meaning no effort required to bring it back, just insert the code into PES2015 and voila!

4. The vast majority of fans want the old one back. Everywhere you go: EvoWeb, WENB, PESEdit, PESfan, Youtube comments, etc. People are expressing their dissatisfaction with dotted system and asking for old one to be back.

Please Konami, replace the dotted line system with the old free kick system in PES2015. Make us happy.

Cheers
Last edited by clayt on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

clayt wrote:Hi all.

Thank you for this poll and I hope Konami see it. I voted for yes, I want it removed. I'll provide the reasons in the following words to Konami.

[ Image ]

Dear Konami,

There are four reasons why you should ditch the dotted system and bring back the old system for free kicks:

1. Bringing back the old FK system is in tandem with your vision of going back to PES5/6 roots. The dotted system look out of place in PES2015.

2. It's way more interesting, and is deeper than the dotted system by offering a variety of possible shots. It gives more control to the user, you can use different buttons combinations to do daisy cutters or dipping shots or rising shots or soft lobs or knuckle shots or screamers etc. With the dotted system, all you do is choose your aim and press square, nothing else. Turning off the guide by R1 doesn't magically change its nature, it still is a aim-and-press-square superficial system. It robs you from all the controls offered by the old system.

3. The old system already programmed in PES code prior to 2014, meaning no effort required to bring it back, just insert the code into PES2015 and voila!

4. The vast majority of fans want the old one back. Everywhere you go: EvoWeb, WENB, PESfan, Youtube comments, etc. People are expressing their dissatisfaction with dotted system and asking for old one to be back.

Please Konami, replace the dotted line system with the old free kick system in PES2015. Make us happy.

Cheers
Can't argue with any of that, all valid points.

However I think we all know that the game will be released with this system. It's too late in the day and the signs are already there if you look for them. For example, I saw a comment from Adam Bhatti where he said it was in there because feedback they had indicated people like it. I think this is nonsense and just an excuse to not change it.

Right now I'd settle for them meeting us halfway and having the line there but only showing a slight distance from the ball so you still have to gage it yourself. Or at least do something to make them tricky and uncommon.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

maremas
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by maremas » 4 years ago

Voted!

mythomaniac
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by mythomaniac » 4 years ago

I'd like the line to be removed but more so for the whole system to change, the previous system was nigh on perfect, in my opinion.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

Could you control how much curl you put on the ball with old system? I know the height and power had a lot to do with it when you were confined to the d pad. At least the analogue stick should in theory let you shape the shot better.

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

Post by pesfanneedhelp » 4 years ago

out out out!

its not skillful and not realistic

nothing satisfying about it.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 4 years ago

So three votes for 'No' but no reasons to explain their choice... sums it all up really. :twisted:

bigol
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bigol » 4 years ago

Obviously i would like it to be removed. I told that to Asim,too. Hoping that will be removed ingame during the match.
If they want they can put that optional during training sessions, in actual matches it's awful.

Darcoolio
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Darcoolio » 4 years ago

Voted to remove it.
Is there any chance that Konami will actually listen PES players?
Hope its not too late for this voting.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 4 years ago

Darcoolio wrote:Is there any chance that Konami will actually listen PES players?
They'll definitely listen but like you say the problem may be that it's too late for Konami to act.

It would be pretty cool if this poll encouraged a change though. Working together with the UK studio, collecting feedback from hundreds/thousands of PES fans to see what 'the community' likes and dislikes.

We still need more voters, but from what we've had so far, it seems that the majority of the community is against the FK line guide. I think every poll needs at least a few hundred votes as well as comments (so far we've had no reasons to keep the line guide :? ) before it can be taken seriously. We're definitely on the right track here :-D .