re purchased and can see why i dumped it

goldmu1e
Reserve
Reserve

re purchased and can see why i dumped it

Post by goldmu1e » 3 years ago

Hi guys , just picked this up again for £10 after a long time out. i have been playing fifa 14 mostly (xbox one).
i really want to get back into this game but i am struggling , so sluggish , pace is non existent e.g neymar cant sprint past huth! , i cant seem to do any tricks although i accept that's a learning process. but my biggest problem is the way the master league's menu is set out. so slow , sluggish and boring every advance in time is painfully slow. the transfer window is a joke and you can only apply for 4 players at a time??.

is there any hope for me ? is there a technique that im missing from the last 10 years? want to enjoy it but im struggling due to the painful game engine and lack of any zip or explosion of skill or pace.

you can die a hero but your still dead

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Re: re purchased and can see why i dumped it

Post by Pete Evo » 3 years ago

May sound harsh but learn to like it or just wait for PES 2015. The demo is only a month away but the full game arrives in November.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

I very much doubt there is hope. If you didn't enjoy it before you won't enjoy it now. I take it you are connecte to the net so you have the most up to date version of the game?
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

goldmu1e
Reserve
Reserve

Post by goldmu1e » 3 years ago

yes up to date , data pack , world challenge.
its just frustrating to play due to there animations etc
you can die a hero but your still dead

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

There wasn't a pace issue until the most recent big gameplay patch. It did fix a lot of things like shooting from outside the box, but sprinting and through balls are almost a waste of time now. I'd imagine the changes were made with online modes in mind to stop people spamming both but it's made it so you can't pass or dribble into space.

Skill moves all take far too long and about the only one you'll have joy with is the drag back and turn at 45 degrees. You'll have more success jogging and then using R1 to skip by a defender. You'll sometimes get this quick shuffle animation around the player when they stick their foot out to tackle.

I've had some fun with ML in small doses. The mode itself is embarrassingly basic and pretty poor to be honest but I still like trying to build up a squad.

Stu1983
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Stu1983 » 3 years ago

I've started playing ML again. Just gonna hack it out till' 15 hits the shops to get my Footy fix.

Skill moves? Just forget them, unless you have 8 hands. As for pace, every player may as well have a 1 stat for Speed as it's like they all have magnets to pull the nearest Defender into them. Even if you have acres of space, a Defender will catch up.

I've adapted the way I play to almost not need them 2 things. Quick passing is the key, you can open up the opposition, but I'm not scoring many goals. Had some ridiculous red cards in ML, Carlos Sanchez got sent off and he didn't even make contact, just slid past the player!!

Also find in this year's ML, hardly any big teams buy any players.

Big hopes that a lot has been sorted for PES15 as ML is the only mode I've played since the PS2 days of PES5 & PES6.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 3 years ago

The only problem is when the 2015 demo hits in 3 weeks time, we'll all find it pretty much impossible to go back to 2014. I guess you can say that's a bad and good thing! :great:
Join me in the Football Forum!

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 3 years ago

When you play FIFA for so long you need to use pace to win matches and look for the through ball at every opportunity becuase thats the way FIFA is set up. thats why PES is difficult and unenjoyable to play as you need to work the ball and try and build the chance. fair enough it isnt the smoothest game but it doesnt allow you to just abuse pacey strikers.

I have stages where I hate playing FIFA but then I have same problem with PES. For me Ultimate team and Online are the best things with FIFA but when my internet is bad (which is alot) I need to play offline and PES for me has a more enjoyable game.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana