📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2015: News, Rumours & Speculation

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: PES 2015: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

Shales wrote:I am already on a downer about the game then. That free kick bar is a joke. No fun in aiming a line in the top corner and applying the perfect power to score every time. :evil: :!: :evil: :!:

I hope Konami received enough negative feedback to remove this method. I am stunned this is in again!!
It's not just that either. It just looks ugly as hell and takes away the joy and surprise of scoring a free-kick. :cry:

I hope that everyone who was there at E3 would have called for this 'feature' to go!

Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Seabass wrote:
Shales wrote:I am already on a downer about the game then. That free kick bar is a joke. No fun in aiming a line in the top corner and applying the perfect power to score every time. :evil: :!: :evil: :!:

I hope Konami received enough negative feedback to remove this method. I am stunned this is in again!!
It's not just that either. It just looks ugly as hell and takes away the joy and surprise of scoring a free-kick. :cry:

I hope that everyone who was there at E3 would have called for this 'feature' to go!
It really was satisfying to curl in a free kick. And great to learn the slight differences judging the power bar for the 12 plus free kick styles. That's all gone now with the stupid free kick line.

I just hope the guys who were at E3 playing are not just "yes" men. If there is a problem then speak up!

This really is a major feature for me.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

It's disappointing isn't it.

Funnily enough I was about to post about the dotted line saying how I hope they've removed it. I didn't play Pes2014 very much at all but still enough to score a few free kicks. It really was dull as dishwater though - aim, hold stick in position, hit shoot, goal. Sat there emotionless. Yay, free kicks mastered in 5 seconds.

And having the option to turn it off isn't enough, if others can use it then they will putting you at a massive disadvantage. I know it's only a small thing but to me it was one of the most obvious things that didn't work, so when I see they've kept it then it just makes you lose a little more hope as they just don't 'get it'. :|
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Shales

tigerwalms wrote:It's disappointing isn't it.

Funnily enough I was about to post about the dotted line saying how I hope they've removed it. I didn't play Pes2014 very much at all but still enough to score a few free kicks. It really was dull as dishwater though - aim, hold stick in position, hit shoot, goal. Sat there emotionless. Yay, free kicks mastered in 5 seconds.

And having the option to turn it off isn't enough, if others can use it then they will putting you at a massive disadvantage. I know it's only a small thing but to me it was one of the most obvious things that didn't work, so when I see they've kept it then it just makes you lose a little more hope as they just don't 'get it'. :|
When me and my mates played each other we switched the line off. But you didn't even have to move the player as the "hidden" line was still pointed in the right place. With the keepers being poor. You just had to apply the correct power and it went in. That's the least amount of skill needed for a goal in any footy game.

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

Seabass wrote:Found this photo from E3, shows that the player name bars are back on the bottom of the screen (y) .

The free kick dotted line guide is still there though! :evil:

[ Image ]
Hope they go back to the old style free kicks, was much better. I'm still looking forward to seeing the first gameplay.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

Some new tweets from Adam Bhatti tonight. Once more he's building up to the 25th. He tweeted a few DP7 faces like Pirlo and KP Boateng, then went on to say this...
People thinking those pics are PS4, nuh uh, PS3. I know, I know, minds being blown. Credit due to the face sculpting team.

June 25th is gonna be a bit good innit?

All about the gameplay, of course. Plenty of time to explain that soon, but nice to know we're producing industry leading player faces again
Only 10 more days to go now... :( Thank God we have the World Cup to keep ourselves occupied.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Not sure why he mentions that they are PS3 and not PS4, they're still images so will look pretty much exactly the same.

However that's not a problem as the faces look brilliant. The fact that they don't use face scans and instead create them from scratch makes them even more sensational, credit to the face making team.

Shales

These faces are great but I really hope we have the gameplay to back these faces up. I know we keep saying this but it really is important.

I recall the ps2 era with Pes and Fifa. I think it was Fifa around 2004 or 05 when Fifa launched a game with Henry, Carlos and someone else on the cover. They nailed the faces for the top players and graphically it was much better than Pes. I remember a few of my mates went and bought it purely because the faces looked great. They soon ditched it though because it just wasn't as good as Pes.

Based on this story, the face detail could attract players towards Pes 2015 but it'll need more than that to keep people playing.

(soz for the waffle, bored at work)

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

tigerwalms wrote:Not sure why he mentions that they are PS3 and not PS4, they're still images so will look pretty much exactly the same.

However that's not a problem as the faces look brilliant. The fact that they don't use face scans and instead create them from scratch makes them even more sensational, credit to the face making team.
Maybe PS4 faces will look a little better, but even so, they will all look virtually the same when you're taking the photo off your TV with your phone! :P
Shales wrote:Based on this story, the face detail could attract players towards Pes 2015 but it'll need more than that to keep people playing.
Totally agree. I remember some 'famous' YouTuber did a video on PES 2014 back in September and he spent a whole minute taking the piss out Konami saying they were 'retards', purely based on Kolo Toure's face (before it was finally updated with a Data Pack! :? ).

The 300+ faces which came with DP5 and DP7 did help, but Konami really did shoot themselves in the foot this year with faces and individuality - two things that they've always excelled in.

Shales

Konami were one of the first to add individuality. I'm talking about ISS on the SNES. There was an Italian called Galfano you had long black hair in a ponytail. He was roberto Baggio of course. That was about 1993. There was also a Valderrama and then a silver haired Italian striker as ravenelli. With player ID last year they really were excelling.

I'm confident this will be back.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Shales wrote:Konami were one of the first to add individuality. I'm talking about ISS on the SNES. There was an Italian called Galfano you had long black hair in a ponytail. He was roberto Baggio of course. That was about 1993. There was also a Valderrama and then a silver haired Italian striker as ravenelli. With player ID last year they really were excelling.

I hope they add player ID for Rooney so that from corners you can boot the ball straight into the stand.

Shales

tigerwalms wrote:
Shales wrote:Konami were one of the first to add individuality. I'm talking about ISS on the SNES. There was an Italian called Galfano you had long black hair in a ponytail. He was roberto Baggio of course. That was about 1993. There was also a Valderrama and then a silver haired Italian striker as ravenelli. With player ID last year they really were excelling.

I hope they add player ID for Rooney so that from corners you can boot the ball straight into the stand.
Lol. They should do if they want to perfect it. And also have a massive sulk when he's played out wide. And shank good opportunities wide.

And also the should be new "player index cards" called "overrated" and "totally overrated". Hulk and Cavani would have these. They have an Overall rating in the 90s but actually their individual stats are average at best.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend

PES 2015 wins jeuxvideo's "best surprise" award for E3 2014.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/dossiers/00018 ... tm#dossier

Translated by Google...
PES 2015 is our favourite of E3 2014. Indeed, after having had the joy of discovering the game and play two matches, we met with a PES transfigured, completely different from its predecessors on the generation PS3 - Xbox 360 , thanks to the Fox Engine.

We can say, the series is back to business and should seriously compete with FIFA on the new generation of machines. Unfortunately, we have to wait until June 25 to tell you more about since Konami does not yet allow us to communicate around her baby. PES fans can be assured in any case, the time that is given the Japanese firm to develop this new work has paid off! If no immediate support other than the PS4 has been announced, there is still a safe bet that the license does not neglect other platforms game
Exciting! :-)

Shales

That's got to be a breach of silence hasn't it? Who is this person or site? Reputable?

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 4 years ago

Oh no it starts again... The great "The Fox Engine". It was supposed to revolutionize the game already a year ago according to all the early testers. Yet it didn't. Wouldn't hold my breath.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho