PES 2015: News, Rumours & Speculation

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Re: PES 2015: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Nades » 2 years ago

I really like this game, but the scripting is every bit as bad as FIFA, its unbelievable that these developers think scripting is a good idea.

XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

Nades wrote:I really like this game, but the scripting is every bit as bad as FIFA, its unbelievable that these developers think scripting is a good idea.
For me the biggest noticable scripting/CPU influence are, firstly my players becoming sluggish and unable to turn sharply or get the ball out their feet and secondly, not being able to play a simply short/medium range square pass. When you are up against it (or being scripted) I find simple passes do not go to feet. I play on 1 bar assist and I am very confident I am pointing in the right direction when I pass. I struggle to pass my way out of trouble because I'll mis-place simple passes. I am forced to hoof the ball but sometimes that is tough because it takes my player an age to get it out his feet and I am often tackled in the process. Then when using "Decent" players when I attempt to roll the ball across goal for a simple tap-in, these passes end up going 5 yards behind my player.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by JohnCB2013 » 2 years ago

Hey! guys, been awhile....

Just wondering how your all finding PES 2015 how do you feel it compares with PES 2014 now you've had a couple of months of playing?

For me I'm still on the fence as to which I prefer, I'm missing the regular Data Pack updates we had with 2014, seems really quiet with this years game, I also miss many of the licences from 2014, for example the Brazilian league with proper players, many licensed NT's are greatly missed by me like Australia, Ghana and England, also many major stadiums are missing from 2014 Wembley, Stade de France etc.

I have actually gone back to playing 2014 a little of late and I personally (only my opinion) think it's better in most ways than 2015, especially on the licence front.

Thoughts/opinions?

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

itstroff wrote:Does anyone know if there is any word on a patch yet? I think it's two months since the game was released now and I'm slightly concerned they all just downed tools as soon as the good reviews came in.
I feel the same way, I think it's as if a few good reviews have really gone to their head so much so that they think the game is already perfect, but, it's far from perfect, don't get me wrong I like the game and have played it a lot (mainly My Club) but, it's lacking in a lot of areas, licences have taken a huge step backwards IMO and also the commentary is still awful.

Shales

JohnCB2013 wrote:Hey! guys, been awhile....

Just wondering how your all finding PES 2015 how do you feel it compares with PES 2014 now you've had a couple of months of playing?

For me I'm still on the fence as to which I prefer, I'm missing the regular Data Pack updates we had with 2014, seems really quiet with this years game, I also miss many of the licences from 2014, for example the Brazilian league with proper players, many licensed NT's are greatly missed by me like Australia, Ghana and England, also many major stadiums are missing from 2014 Wembley, Stade de France etc.

I have actually gone back to playing 2014 a little of late and I personally (only my opinion) think it's better in most ways than 2015, especially on the licence front.

Thoughts/opinions?
I am not on the fence at all, I am totally over the 2015 side.

The "fun" is back with 2015, I found 2014 had none/very little. I have fun playing against the AI and even more fun playing offline against mates. I agree that overall 2014 had the better licenses. Not having England NT is horrible this year. I found dribbling and shooting were terrible in 2014, but thanfully these two asepects are vastly improved this year in 2015. Skills are actually responsive now, it feels great doing step-over turns (Santi Cazorla style :P ) while running at pace.

I stuck with 2014 for as long as I could, about 6 months. Yes the regular DLCs did keep it alive but that was more in hope of the accompanying gameplay patch fixing the game. You have to remember aswell that the reason wy there were so many DLCs was because at launch there was only 200-ish preset faces in the game.

I am personally glad 2014 is in the past now.

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Shales wrote:
JohnCB2013 wrote:Hey! guys, been awhile....

Thoughts/opinions?
I am not on the fence at all, I am totally over the 2015 side.

The "fun" is back with 2015, I found 2014 had none/very little. I have fun playing against the AI and even more fun playing offline against mates. I agree that overall 2014 had the better licenses. Not having England NT is horrible this year. I found dribbling and shooting were terrible in 2014, but thanfully these two asepects are vastly improved this year in 2015. Skills are actually responsive now, it feels great doing step-over turns (Santi Cazorla style :P ) while running at pace.

I stuck with 2014 for as long as I could, about 6 months. Yes the regular DLCs did keep it alive but that was more in hope of the accompanying gameplay patch fixing the game. You have to remember aswell that the reason wy there were so many DLCs was because at launch there was only 200-ish preset faces in the game.

I am personally glad 2014 is in the past now.
Like I said "don't get me wrong" I have played a lot of this years game, but, I truly don't see why the game has got reviews that are so much better this year, although I will gladly hold my hands up and admit that some things are better gameplay-wise in 2015 I still think the game has gone backwards in other important areas.

I understand your point about why there were so many DLC's for 2014, but even so I still expected to have more for 2015 by now, can't believe we've not had more licensed teams/stadiums added, Konami must be making a few quid out of My Club so I feel more licenses should be added for PES fans, very disappointing.

I still stick to what I said though in that I think many of the better licenses are missing, I know they added the 2nd division for Spain & France but that's a big MEH! for me, I would much rather have kept all the other licences instead, in fact I'd rather they kept the Chilean league than have 2nd division leagues, I think Konami went the cheap route on licenses this year, losing so many licensed NT's and well known stadiums is pretty unforgivable.

The biggest improvement in this years game is simply that I'm now playing on the PS4 instead of the PS3 so obviously the game is smoother and better looking for that reason alone, other than that I really don't see what all the fuss is about, going back and playing 2014 recently I think the gameplay is not that much different, I think after all the patches/data packs 2014 ended up a really good game.

However I totally respect your opinion and am pleased for you that you prefer this years game, fair enough.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

It'll always be down to personal preference, although from my point of view, I can accept losing a few NT and stadium licenses if the gameplay is superior (which IMO it is this year).

That's not to say they've failed with licensing for PES 2015 (I'm happy with the four new second divisions), but if given the choice, that's what I'd take.

I do agree with you though; it's frustrating that the new licenses could only be replacements rather than additions. But like you suggest, ideally the revenue brought in this year - including income from myClub - can improve the situation for the future.

By the way, make sure you (and everyone else reading this) send Konami your thoughts via this feedback survey - https://survey.blicx.com/facebook/?s=78 ... f20db70a71
✅ 🐦 💟

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Mike wrote:It'll always be down to personal preference, although from my point of view, I can accept losing a few NT and stadium licenses if the gameplay is superior (which IMO it is this year).

That's not to say they've failed with licensing for PES 2015 (I'm happy with the four new second divisions), but if given the choice, that's what I'd take.

I do agree with you though; it's frustrating that the new licenses could only be replacements rather than additions. But like you suggest, ideally the revenue brought in this year - including income from myClub - can improve the situation for the future.

By the way, make sure you (and everyone else reading this) send Konami your thoughts via this feedback survey - https://survey.blicx.com/facebook/?s=78 ... f20db70a71
Nice to get your thoughts Mike, you hit the nail on the head with "personal preference" and also where you said the few new licenses this year replace many of last years rather than joining them, I also agree "frustrating" is probably the best word to use about the situation.

I appreciate new licences being added, but, I honestly feel they have come at a high price by IMO replacing many better ones that were already in the game in 2014.

It's obviously good that the gameplay has improved in certain areas but for me this makes it even more frustrating that so many good licences have been lost, if Konami had kept hold of what they had I'd be far happier with this years effort, but, I can't get my head around all that's missing this year. :cry:

I spoke to Bhatti on Twitter recently about the Brazilian League and he explained how hard it is to get the teams/players fully licensed this time around, but, I just think it's pointless having the teams in this years game in their current state, generic looking players running around in official kits just does not work at all for me even if the gameplay is solid, just takes away so much in terms of the atmosphere/presentation.

Anyway, once again Mike, appreciate your opinion. (y)

johnnybhoy1967
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Celtic

Post by johnnybhoy1967 » 2 years ago

Its not the licenses for teams and kits that bother me, i can live with that. Its playing in the same stadium game after game. Would be good to get more stadia in future dlc even if they are just generic stadiums.

pesmad1980
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pesmad1980 » 2 years ago

Hi all, just joined the forum. Really enjoying Pes 15, I personally think it's the best Pes since Pes 11. I think there is a new special agent out on my club tmrw, I wonder what type of players we can get from that one.
Psn Proevomad. Feel free to add me.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

pesmad1980 wrote:Hi all, just joined the forum. Really enjoying Pes 15, I personally think it's the best Pes since Pes 11. I think there is a new special agent out on my club tmrw, I wonder what type of players we can get from that one.
The 'Great Finishers' agent.

I just used my first one and a gold ball gave me Robinho (SS, 77). Not a bad return but hoping I can get a proper superstar to partner, or at least compete with, my in-form Mandžukić. :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Mike wrote:
pesmad1980 wrote:Hi all, just joined the forum. Really enjoying Pes 15, I personally think it's the best Pes since Pes 11. I think there is a new special agent out on my club tmrw, I wonder what type of players we can get from that one.

I just used my first one and a gold ball gave me Robinho (SS, 77). Not a bad return but hoping I can get a proper superstar to partner, or at least compete with, my in-form Mandžukić. :great:
Robinho, that is a solid start for you Mike, nice one! :-)

I've used the new agent about six times or more now and have got some right crappy players, most of the players I got from the agent I cashed in on right away as they have been worse than what I already have in my team/squad, also many players are generic looking which I hate.

I did get one Black Ball and got all excited, as I was thinking it was bound to be someone really good like Robben or Neymar etc. but sadly it was, wait for it.... Danny f,ing Welbeck :shock: kind of surprised that Welbeck was a Black Ball while Robinho was only Gold, Welbeck is not even making my bench as even my "My Club" manager does not rate him :lol:

Shales

JohnCB2013 wrote:
Mike wrote:

Robinho, that is a solid start for you Mike, nice one! :-)

I've used the new agent about six times or more now and have got some right crappy players, most of the players I got from the agent I cashed in on right away as they have been worse than what I already have in my team/squad, also many players are generic looking which I hate.

I did get one Black Ball and got all excited, as I was thinking it was bound to be someone really good like Robben or Neymar etc. but sadly it was, wait for it.... Danny f,ing Welbeck :shock: kind of surprised that Welbeck was a Black Ball while Robinho was only Gold, Welbeck is not even making my bench as even my "My Club" manager does not rate him :lol:
I'd have been well pleased with Welbeck, and I am sure Mike would too.

I'd say Welbeck is a black ball all day long. It's the bottom end but he should be around 80. My most recent black ball was Adebayor from the African Agent. He's an 82 and isn't all that. For a big target man he's pretty poor. I have a 75 striker and an 71 striker who has better target man stats than Ade. Other than Ronaldo who was my TOTY pick I haven't had a true super star Black ball. my best picks have probably been Pepe, Gerrard and Goetze.

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

I'd have been well pleased with Welbeck, and I am sure Mike would too.

I'd say Welbeck is a black ball all day long. It's the bottom end but he should be around 80. My most recent black ball was Adebayor from the African Agent. He's an 82 and isn't all that. For a big target man he's pretty poor. I have a 75 striker and an 71 striker who has better target man stats than Ade. Other than Ronaldo who was my TOTY pick I haven't had a true super star Black ball. my best picks have probably been Pepe, Gerrard and Goetze.

I'm not knocking Welbeck to much, like I said just thought I may have had one of the real major World Class stars when I got a Black Ball from the special agent, so I guess Welbeck just seemed a little meh! to what I was expecting or hoping for, I admit it could have been worse though.

It's understandable you and Mike would be pleased to get him now that he's an Arsenal player.

Shales

JohnCB2013 wrote:I'd have been well pleased with Welbeck, and I am sure Mike would too.

I'm not knocking Welbeck to much, like I said just thought I may have had one of the real major World Class stars when I got a Black Ball from the special agent, so I guess Welbeck just seemed a little meh! to what I was expecting or hoping for, I admit it could have been worse though.

It's understandable you and Mike would be pleased to get him now that he's an Arsenal player.
You know when you're getting a "good" player from a black ball as I have noticed there is more build up when revealing the player. Instread of the normal "control the ball on the chest" animation, there is a few seconds worth of seeing the player sprint around. I recall seeing that for Gerrard and Ozil. Probably was the same for Pepe and Goetze too.

When I got Adebayor I knew it wasn't going to be great as the first thing I saw was the Yellow "W" generic boots. Never a good sign for a Black Ball player.