📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

I've been wanting to ask this for quite a while...

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
winning11asia
Beginner
Beginner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I've been wanting to ask this for quite a while...

Post by winning11asia » 5 years ago

As we already know PES 2015 will not have full BPL license, again. Also prorevo tweeted that Bundesliga's exclusive license with EA will last until 2018.

PES is never about license, we all aware of that. PES is about gameplay, I definitely agree to that. I've been trying to like FIFA 14 on PS4 but eventually I sold the game within a week. Apparently PES blood runs too deep within my veins man :p

However I imagine if FIFA has official license to my domestic league, perhaps I would try harder to like FIFA. License is a big selling point for football game, especially as major as BPL with fans from all over the world. Also talk about 'regeneration', football game newcomers would easily choose the one that has official license, rather than having the trouble to install OF like us dedicated fans :D

I assume most OPE community members are UK based? So I'd like to know what makes you stick to PES after all these years. Don't you want to play a footy game with your favorite team, fully licensed, right off the bat? What makes you not switch allegiance to the other side? Or do you play both and equally enjoy them?

Watch our WE2014 Online Goals!
Get updates on what's going on in Winning Eleven Asia community!
Visit us where Winning Eleven players from across Asia gather: www.winningeleven.asia

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: I've been wanting to ask this for quite a while...

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

I'm OK with an unlicensed English League, as the players and teams are all there, and for me the unlicensed kits aren't a gamebreaker. It's a shame about the Bundesliga though. :(

Gameplay will always be the most important thing for me, although the presence of licensed teams is very important. But that's OK because Konami are improving things, getting new leagues in from South America, Asia and for this year, 4 second divisions from Europe. I hope PES 2015 will include more teams (European and J League for example) but for now, I'm pretty much content. :-)

As for FIFA, even 14 on next-gen still doesn't do it for me. I could play it for about a week before getting bored. But like always, I'll start again this year, giving both PES 2015 and FIFA 15 a fair equal chance.
Join me in the Football Forum!

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 5 years ago

For me game play is fundamental. I'm not bothered for licenses. Yes they are nice to have but when such good quality OF's are available it doesn't bother me.

I just don't like FIFA either though. For me it feels very arcade like, the in game visuals aren't great and the player models and movements are way behind PES.

All in all, the PES blood runs too deep in my veins too Adi.
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

Shales
Supports: Arsenal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Like Seabass says, the non licensed EPL isn't much of a problem because the players are licensed.

For me though it's all about the gameplay and the editting. Offline I mainly play with my own teams that I have created so that is where PES excels. For years I didn't even bother with Option Files because I was "ok" with "North London Red"

With PES 14 being so poor I gave FIFA 14 a massive chance. It helped that I got it free with my X1 but I played it quite a lot. If FIFA didn't have the scripting and had proper editing options then I might be tempted to give it a another go. I still find the FIFA gameplay quite stale but it is getting better year after year.

I come from playing and enjoying PES with no Option File and I reckon I could go back to playing with No Option File as long as the editing options remain in the game.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

winning11asia wrote:I assume most OPE community members are UK based? So I'd like to know what makes you stick to PES after all these years. Don't you want to play a footy game with your favourite team, fully licensed, right off the bat? What makes you not switch allegiance to the other side? Or do you play both and equally enjoy them?
As others have mentioned it's simply down to gameplay. I prefer playing co-op with people and PES has always been the better experience with regards to this. I played Fifa a little over a mates house this last year, it works alright online against other people but against the cpu I think the game is awful. I didn't find it any fun.

However, saying all that you asked what makes me stick with PES. Well although I bought the game last year I didn't stick with it, the game was an utter disgrace so I went without a football game this year. And that pretty much sums up the answer, I play because of gameplay, to have fun, and if (like any other game) it stops being fun then I'll stop playing it.

Licences aren't really an issue. I'm hoping to get the game for PC so it'll be fully licensed pretty quickly anyway. I'm pretty sure Konami will have something up their sleeve to allow quality option file creating on XboxOne/PS4 as well.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

PESBOSSMAN
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: Arsenal

Post by PESBOSSMAN » 5 years ago

I'm not bothered if arsenal are called north london red etc. I've actually enjoyed the gameplay. People keep saying it's been gone since pes6 but I don't think that's true. I enjoyed all the games apart from 2014. And for me fifa only got decent from fifa 14/13. I think the younger generation just played fifa and what I have realised people with a minimal football knowledge. As no offence but my friends that play fifa they can't deal with the non licence as they can't workout who each team is. Also pes faces was also key. We blew fifa out of the water. But overall I actually preferred playing pes. And anytime I played fifa I felt like I was cheating on my wife :D

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

Post by pesfanneedhelp » 5 years ago

imagine pes lost the rights to epl players.............eeeek

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

pesfanneedhelp wrote:imagine pes lost the rights to epl players.............eeeek
I don't think that will ever happen. I recently found this on PESEdit Blog. (I won't link the site as its riddled with annoying adverts :roll: ).
Today Bundesliga announced a new, exclusive contract with EA Sports.

The previous licensed held by EA was due to run out after the 2014-15 season, but EA managed to once again outbid Konami for the 2015-16 to 2017-18 contract.

This means we won't be able to see a full Bundesliga in Pro Evolution Soccer until at least 2018-19. As the German Football Players Association is not part of the global FIFPro association, which sells unexclusive licenses for player likenesses to both EA and Konami, it will not be possible for Konami to include 'fake teams' as they do for Premier League.
To sum up, as long as Premier League players are controlled under FIFPro, the 'English League' will always be in PES.