📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

My concerns so far

dkirk89
Reserve
Reserve
Supports: Le Toon

My concerns so far

Post by dkirk89 » 4 years ago

Where is MLO? was it even on 2014 as i missed that game due to it not being on xbox one.

MLO seems to be replaced with a cheap imitation of fifas ultimate team, where you cannot build your own team you just have to keep signing random players from an agent (pack). You can loan players but no renewals are available so that doesnt seem to be a good option. I loved the MLO where you can hand pick from the weaker players, ones that fit your style from the beginning. Let me know your opinions on the myclub game mode as im really not impressed.

Also when on myclub, player match lobby and quick match there is no form only greens and no way of choosing random conditions? maybe im missing something but i cant see it. The form system is what makes pro evo for me and to just stick with green form is ridiculous.

Other than that i like the gameplay although turning and feints seem to be dumbed down and very slow but i last played 2013 so im used to turning on a sixpence.

I can get used to the gameplay no problem, seems very solid but i wonder how quick i am going to be bored of this game?

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: My concerns so far

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

dkirk89 wrote: The form system is what makes pro evo for me and to just stick with green form is ridiculous.
Agree 100%. I've only had about 5 MyClub matches and noticed that the form is always green. I haven't explored any options to change it, I literally just clicked through menus to cram games in. What is the point in a squad if everyone is always green? I like the varity of your line up when you play a player who normally reserve unless he's Orange or Red.

If this can't be changed then this will be seriously annoying!
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

The form system being green makes a lot of sense actually. Everyone being on a level playing field and playing to their stats rather than being inflated or destroyed by red/grey arrows. I know in PES2013, I would not play a player on grey or blue form unless absolutely necessary, now I can use whichever players I want depending on stamina or setup. I don't see the need for form arrows, and they never made sense in the previous games as you could score a hatrick with your striker and next game he'd be on grey. So I am happy they made it default green and it means everyone is playing at their natural ability which is nice.

As for the signing of players, I am liking it. We shouldn't get so many copy and paste teams now and it will mean a much wider variety of players in squads. No more "Ronaldo, Bale, Hulk" bullshit from previous years. I had hoped there may be a transfer market to sell players to each other ala FIFA then I could rid of Ozil but never mind. I am enjoying the randomness and having to work a variety of players into my team, certainly makes a big change from the previous years and makes you think about your tactics and how best to utilize your squad..
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Superballs
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Superballs » 4 years ago

Isn't form this year supposed to be determined by real life performance? I thought weekly updates on that or something?

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 4 years ago

im enjoying myclub so far although havent played many games and only been against CPU as want to get used to game a little before i tackle online.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

dkirk89
Reserve
Reserve

ukexplicit1984 wrote:The form system being green makes a lot of sense actually. Everyone being on a level playing field and playing to their stats rather than being inflated or destroyed by red/grey arrows. I know in PES2013, I would not play a player on grey or blue form unless absolutely necessary, now I can use whichever players I want depending on stamina or setup. I don't see the need for form arrows, and they never made sense in the previous games as you could score a hatrick with your striker and next game he'd be on grey. So I am happy they made it default green and it means everyone is playing at their natural ability which is nice.

As for the signing of players, I am liking it. We shouldn't get so many copy and paste teams now and it will mean a much wider variety of players in squads. No more "Ronaldo, Bale, Hulk" bullshit from previous years. I had hoped there may be a transfer market to sell players to each other ala FIFA then I could rid of Ozil but never mind. I am enjoying the randomness and having to work a variety of players into my team, certainly makes a big change from the previous years and makes you think about your tactics and how best to utilize your squad..

You could not be more wrong, after all the online players have spent a couple of months playing everyone will have the good players and you will see the same 'copy and paste' teams as they will always be on form.
The form arrows have always been a part of pro evo,and dumbing it down now just seems crazy to me. It makes you utilize your squad even more! Really hope this gets sorted

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 4 years ago

the form arrow makes a lot of sense because as it's linked to a player's form stat (1 - 8). therefore player's like lahm who are hardly having a bad game in real life will be in good shape in almost all games which is just realistic!

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

dkirk89 wrote:
ukexplicit1984 wrote:The form system being green makes a lot of sense actually. Everyone being on a level playing field and playing to their stats rather than being inflated or destroyed by red/grey arrows. I know in PES2013, I would not play a player on grey or blue form unless absolutely necessary, now I can use whichever players I want depending on stamina or setup. I don't see the need for form arrows, and they never made sense in the previous games as you could score a hatrick with your striker and next game he'd be on grey. So I am happy they made it default green and it means everyone is playing at their natural ability which is nice.

You could not be more wrong, after all the online players have spent a couple of months playing everyone will have the good players and you will see the same 'copy and paste' teams as they will always be on form.
The form arrows have always been a part of pro evo,and dumbing it down now just seems crazy to me. It makes you utilize your squad even more! Really hope this gets sorted
I don't see people having copy and paste teams for a long time.. Its too random who you get at the moment to allow for that to happen. Yes people will fluke Ronaldo/Bale/Messi occasionally but the chances are you are going to get a Ricky Lambert or Roberto Soldado before those guys.. And the fact it costs 10000 per top tier player should limit it a little as I believe that works out at about 9 wins roughly plus paying contracts and the such like.. So every 10-11 wins you can buy a new player, however, as top tier players cost around 2000 per 10 game contract you are probably looking at more like 15 wins per top tier player and to keep you squad together..

Yes the form arrows did make people utilize their squad, however, that is now going to be down to stamina to do that. I hate to say it but the arrows make zero sense most of the time as I stated before. They weren't reflective of how a player had done in the previous game and as the post match ratings of most players are atrocious (6-6.5 mainly, the odd 7 and maybe an 8 if a player scored a double hatrick) it just doesn't work. If it was done with a working post match rating system and if you a player got above a 7 or so they had a 80% chance to be green, a 15 % chance to be blue or orange and a 2% chance to be grey and a 3% chance to be red... Then as the ratings improve the percentage chance could change.. Eg, someone gets a 9 they have a 20-30% chance to be on red form. A 10 they have a 50% chance to be on red etc etc while having a ridiculously small chance of being blue/grey.. But as that doesn't appear to be how it works and it appears to be totally random, the form arrows have no place in the game currently.. Until there is a realistic system in place to which utilizes previous games performance and a ratings system that doesn't suck (and has done for a long time) then it just wont be fair or work properly. I should not score a hatrick and have my striker be on grey the next week, thats not right or fun..

dkirk89
Reserve
Reserve

well i still disagree lol. why are the form arrows even there now? and as far as i can see stamina will never be a problem once you have two squads to switch between,im upto division 9 and have not used one of those stamina coins yet, there is no need.

Would love to hear some more opinions on this,

And yes the form arrows were totally random,which to me is what pro is all about working with what you have. if it was based on performances you would eventually have a team of buzzing red form arrows and everyone else would to. the randomness was what i loved about it, (especially when i came across a noob with his downer ronaldo on lol)

Steve1875
Reserve
Reserve

Post by Steve1875 » 4 years ago

I keep freezing up on the 'establishing communications' symbol. Is the server down? I cant get onto my club?

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Well online is utterly dreadful. It's consistently dreadful too. Not once have I had a lag free game. I don't ever see a "connection" symbol but using my Ronaldo as an example, he plays as if he's a 70 or something. He's not fatigued but he literally turns as slow as a shite player.

Not really too keen on the MyClub loans either. It basically means that all teams tonight have Danny alves. Thought the idea of the random pick signing was to create squad varity.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Weirdly I have had very little lag.. I don't know if I have just been lucky but I have played a fair few games and maybe one was slightly stuttery at times but no worse than what I used to get on FIFA 14 occasionally..

Yeah I guess the random form arrows would spice up the team selection a little, though perhaps your top rated player from the last game you played should never be on blue or grey form.. I don't know, I see what you are saying and everything, I just think it needs to be more intelligently implemented than form being done on a random number generator style thing...

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:The form system being green makes a lot of sense actually. Everyone being on a level playing field and playing to their stats rather than being inflated or destroyed by red/grey arrows.
Also remember that Team Spirit (chemistry) has an influence on your MyClub team. Maybe that's why the form/condition arrows are locked to green?
Superballs wrote:Isn't form this year supposed to be determined by real life performance? I thought weekly updates on that or something?
Yes. Weekly Updates will begin on November 20 (this Thursday!)
✅ 🐦 💟

KPSNV
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by KPSNV » 4 years ago

Mike wrote:
ukexplicit1984 wrote:The form system being green makes a lot of sense actually. Everyone being on a level playing field and playing to their stats rather than being inflated or destroyed by red/grey arrows.
Also remember that Team Spirit (chemistry) has an influence on your MyClub team. Maybe that's why the form/condition arrows are locked to green?
Superballs wrote:Isn't form this year supposed to be determined by real life performance? I thought weekly updates on that or something?
Yes. Weekly Updates will begin on November 20 (this Thursday!)
Hey Mike, do you know how the live updates will affect both option files and saved games (master league etc)? I'm still not sure if I'm gonna pick up a copy of PES 2015 yet, waiting to see how things go for the first few months. The way every new Data Pack usually messes up option files is incredibly frustrating, really hoping Konami have found a way around that. I remember a few years back (can't remember exactly which edition) where any changes you made in edit mode - including editing players and transfers - would be reflected in all saved leagues. I personally thought that was great, although I understand how others may find it annoying.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

KPSNV wrote:Hey Mike, do you know how the live updates will affect both option files and saved games (master league etc)?
Sorry, I don't.

However, the feature is optional so I'd guess your custom edits won't be affected as long as you leave Live Updates disabled/off.
✅ 🐦 💟