Myclub

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Re: Myclub

Post by nick7 » 2 years ago

Playing my way through the Competitions against CPU

won the La Liga cup and got Pablo Piatti from Valencia in my Golden Ball. he should be good partner with Ronaldo through middle.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

nick7 wrote:won the La Liga cup and got Pablo Piatti from Valencia in my Golden Ball. he should be good partner with Ronaldo through middle.
Great signing!

I won the La Liga comp about three times, although the only proper quality player that I signed was Javier Mascherano - rated 82 and can play almost everywhere! :-D
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:Anyone got any tips on how to deal with the full pass assist assholes? I use 1 bar only as I feel it is a nice balance and I am getting torn apart by those who have full assist and who can 1 touch it all the way down the pitch to Ibrahimovic to score from 30 yards again. I think my last 3 games have been 7-0, 5-1 and 3-0.. The 5-0 left a particularly bad taste as it was 5 Ibrahimovic goals, my defenders barely got near him and when they did he just bundled them off the ball or tripped/stumbled them until he was back in possession again..

I mean my last game, the guy was 1 touching from goalkeeper to full backs, up the pitch and then a nice fully assisted lobbed through ball for his striker to chase onto.. I really thought that 2013 was the year of the cheap through ball asses but apparently it is back again in force only there is no Van Der Mirch to benefit from it..

And I have tried setting my assist filter to similar but if you do that, you can not get a game for love nor money in MyClub... Which is a shame because I actually very much enjoy it when you play an opponent of similar level and who also has the same assist level.. But when its full assist vs 1 bar, if I make a mistake, I lose the ball, if he makes a mistake the cpu corrects it and it still goes to his player nearly every time.. I am trying to figure out how Konami believes this is fair in online play.. Personally I would make 1 bar the absolute maximum limit of assist for online play besides quick match with friends and then force people to actually have a chance of misplacing a pass... Just getting frustrated I guess...

I've been there too. Quite often. I play on 1 bar which I agree should be the highest assistance level because it feels natural to me. But we know konami stick the high levels on to make it easier for new comers which I totally understand from their buisness side. So what they should do is reward the players who are handicapped with more GP reward. Just like they do with team strength difference. That's a pretty simple solution to me. I have given up on searching for the same passing assistance because it takes about 15 mins to find a game.

The way I deal with the full assistance players is to try and be 1 step ahead of their passing. These guys aren't skilled and just use the same approach everytime. You can't get your players to block every pass or tackle every player, so I just try and get a player in position to stop the "next" pass. This works a treat for those you just "zig zag" their way up the field. Not saying this works 100% game but it's my approach to these type of players. You also need a fair bit of luck too.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 years ago

Shales wrote:
I've been there too. Quite often. I play on 1 bar which I agree should be the highest assistance level because it feels natural to me. But we know konami stick the high levels on to make it easier for new comers which I totally understand from their buisness side. So what they should do is reward the players who are handicapped with more GP reward. Just like they do with team strength difference. That's a pretty simple solution to me. I have given up on searching for the same passing assistance because it takes about 15 mins to find a game.

The way I deal with the full assistance players is to try and be 1 step ahead of their passing. These guys aren't skilled and just use the same approach everytime. You can't get your players to block every pass or tackle every player, so I just try and get a player in position to stop the "next" pass. This works a treat for those you just "zig zag" their way up the field. Not saying this works 100% game but it's my approach to these type of players. You also need a fair bit of luck too.
Sounds like a good plan, I shall have to give that a go when I hop on later.. As to the pass assist, yeah that would be nice, a little GP boost for playing at a "disadvantage" without so many assists.. I think maybe they should allow full assist offline and maybe in the quick matches, but MyClub should definitely have a limit. People like the mode so they will learn to play without all the assists if they had to.. But we shall see what happens, I actually decided to do a few offline competitions and won the La Liga one, could not tell you who I got.. The one thing I loved though was when playing Barcelona on Top Player, they were superb... I scraped a draw and managed to get the win on penalties but they truly played like I would imagine a Barcelona team to play, amazing!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

nick7
Regular
Regular

Managed to fluke two black balls today which happened to add real quality to my team.

Andrea Pirlo and Ander Herrera

My squad now looks like this

GK - B.Guzan (Aston Villa)

RB - B.Ivanovic (Chelsea)
CB - M.Ciani (Lazio)
CB - J. Amat (Swansea)
LB - L. Kurzawa (AS Monaco)

DMF - S. N'Zonzi (Stoke City)
DMF - A.Pirlo (Juventus)

LMF - P.Piatti (Valencia)
AMF - Ander Herrera (Man Utd)
RMF - E.Giaccherini (Sunderland)

ST - C.Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

notable Subs
Luke Shaw (Man Utd)
Soloman Kalou (Lille)
Vierinha
Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City)

Think my squad is starting to get a real balance together and have lost some TS with the new players so trying to get that back.

EDIT:

Just scooped Brad Guzan after winning that Competition.

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 2 years ago

It's a pity that when playing with manual control the passing and finishing stats of players' have no value at all. I know that that's the idea behind full manual - but it feels so wrong on the pitch. Especially MyClub is much less fun. I got Pirlo one time but he was totally useless as I'm literally able to make the same killer passes with my 60 rated players as well. The same applies for finishing (especially when using 'controlled shot').

In general I think that once you've mastered manual controls you have a big advantage. Besides being more unpredictable you can capitalize from the fact that you simply don't need players with passing and finishing skills anymore. Just concentrate one speed and physical attributes.

nick7
Regular
Regular

20000 given to me by PES and i just wasted it got two randoms dumb dumbs.

Playing Italian Competition hoping for Pogba but very slim chances of getting him.

Shales

nick7 wrote:20000 given to me by PES and i just wasted it got two randoms dumb dumbs.

Playing Italian Competition hoping for Pogba but very slim chances of getting him.
I've played the Italian comp through 4 times and no success with players. Beat fiorentina 3 times and got 3 silver balls, and beat Juve once and got a gold but that was some 75 rates Japanese player : (

Is there a theory here that beating Fiorentina only gives you a silver? Or just my bad luck?

Anyone seen that Online challenge cup? We have to win 3 in a row but you get rewarded with 3x stars of 14-15 agent. Good reward.

nick7
Regular
Regular

I got to the final and lost to Juventus was raging at the game especially when Juve kept the ball for ages and the goals they got were sloppy. One was a hoof from the back straight through no idea where my centre backs were. Created so many chances aswell and never scored.

changed manager and new tactic going 4-1-2-3 now but needed to remove some players as was over the rating. Majority of managers are locked on mine and I paid 6600 for this low rated guy. hopefully this suits my play.

How do I unlock the better managers?

nick7
Regular
Regular

I have now over spent and cant afford contracts. regret getting rid of all the low cost players now.

although this new formation seems to work alot better with me as more options going forward compared to 4-2-3-1 i was originally using.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

nick7 wrote:How do I unlock the better managers?
The in-game guide says:

"Some great managers may be locked. These managers cannot be hired using GP and only by playing a number of matches will they become available. However, locks can be instantly disabled if you chose to spend myClub coins."
nick7 wrote:I have now over spent and cant afford contracts. regret getting rid of all the low cost players now.
Even if they're rated 50-60, I would always suggest holding onto your weaker players, using them when you need to save up for GP to spend on contracts for your super stars.
✅ 🐦 💟

nick7
Regular
Regular

Gave the online Challenge Cup a go to see if i could get a win and this happened

Won 5-1
Won 5-1
Won 7-0

tbf other players where bad and I have Ronaldo on form.

so i got 3 Stars of 14-15 to open.

and I got

Mauro Zarate (West Ham) gold ball
C. Maggio (Napoli) black ball
A.Bergovic (Stoke City) black ball

two Black balls and average players tbh. gutted.

Shales

nick7 wrote:Gave the online Challenge Cup a go to see if i could get a win and this happened

Won 5-1
Won 5-1
Won 7-0

tbf other players where bad and I have Ronaldo on form.

so i got 3 Stars of 14-15 to open.

and I got

Mauro Zarate (West Ham) gold ball
C. Maggio (Napoli) black ball
A.Bergovic (Stoke City) black ball

two Black balls and average players tbh. gutted.
Great victories mate! Shame those black balls were at the lower end of the scale hey. I haven't got passed the semi's in my two attempts so far. I got ripped by a Rooney/cavani partnership. I'll keep trying though.

nick7
Regular
Regular

I rarely play online so was maybe matching me with new players giving me a advantage. majority looked for through ball which i could mainly cope with and got a couple goals in front and they crumbled leading to more goals.

played the ML open after that getting to Quater Finals losing on penalties (absolute hate the penalties on this game cant take a good one its all just luck, needs to go back to PES4 days for me.)

Got enough GP to fund my team now so will only use it for contracts and hope to win drafts off competitions.

Shales

Had another dig at this comp last night. Made the final but got deservedly beat 1-0. All 3 games were against very strong teams with 95-97 Team Spirit. I drafted in some of my top players, Ronaldo, Cisse, Ozil and Pepe butthese were mixed in with 75-79 players.

In the first match a barely got a touch before I was 1-0 down. He had corner after corner and I literally couldn't pass or clear the ball. I had a player constantly glued to my player so when I attempted to pass he nicked the ball off me. At 1-0 down I was bracing myself for a thrashing. But he done something daft by getting Vidal sent off from my kick off. Further to his stupidity, he thengot one of this defenders sent off shortly after. I managed to win the game 2-1.

The next game I won 3-1 which was a flattering score line. I got a couple of rebounded/scrambled goals, could of gone either way.

Then in the final I was battered for 90mins. I don't know if Team Spirit has an impact on this, but he could literally slide in from 5 yards away and take out my player and win the ball everytime. It's like his tackles were locked on the ball. I had a glorious chance though. He gave a soft penalty away in about the 60th min which I fluffed : ( Then in about the 80th Min he finally scored.

If I keep getting matched to top sides I'll have to bring the rest of the big names out. Hopefully have more success in tonights attempt.