📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2015 Not Selling Enough?

CharlieWaffles
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: Newcastle United FC

PES 2015 Not Selling Enough?

Post by CharlieWaffles » 4 years ago

Maybe Mike will help us bringing in further information about sales. But after the early hype I can't see enough ppl buying the game. It's like, ok the gameplay is fine, good AI but that ship has sailed!

Little bit worried.

What do you guys think about it? I don't expect PES outselling FIFA in UK. To be honest I don't expect PES outselling FIFA anymore, but I think I'm having my high hopes shattered.

More sales, more budget. That was my pipe dream.

"True friends stab you in the front." Oscar Wilde

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: PES 2015 Not Selling Enough?

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

CharlieWaffles wrote:Maybe Mike will help us bringing in further information about sales. But after the early hype I can't see enough ppl buying the game. It's like, ok the gameplay is fine, good AI but that ship has sailed!

Little bit worried.

What do you guys think about it? I don't expect PES outselling FIFA in UK. To be honest I don't expect PES outselling FIFA anymore, but I think I'm having my high hopes shattered.

No doubt the overall goal for Konami is outsell FIFA otherwise what's the point in being in the buisness, but realistically it will probably be 6, 7 or 8 years away. It still might not happen ever.

Personally I don't really care about the sales, I am not in their business of course so for me as long as the game stays on this path its on now I'll be happy. Obviously I don't want the game to stink either so it is kind of important for the game to sell well.

Next year will be interesting. I'd expect EA to come back strong next year. Chuck a crazy amount of money in, and make improvments on the pitch. Licensing does sell FIFA. All the kids seem to do these days is play video games. And they will buy FIFA every year because of the Prem License. The word on a few EA forums is Konami are slowly nicking a few licenses away from EA (if you believe it.) Next year will be an interesting one. With PES15 gameplay being very solid, I'd expect a huge push on Modes and Presentation next year, and also hope they don't sleep to much on the gameplay.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 4 years ago

Even though FIFA out sells PES in UK. It is by far the other way round in other areas such as Asia and South America.
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 4 years ago

GradeACallum wrote:Even though FIFA out sells PES in UK. It is by far the other way round in other areas such as Asia and South America.
Would you care to give some proof to that? If I remember correctly from what I've read, FIFA outsells PES by far anywhere else except Japan?
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 4 years ago

I dont have hard evidence to hand. Its just what i was told by one of my Konami sources a few months a go.
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

CharlieWaffles wrote:Maybe Mike will help us bringing in further information about sales. But after the early hype I can't see enough ppl buying the game. It's like, ok the gameplay is fine, good AI but that ship has sailed!

Little bit worried.

Pes will not outsell Fifa anytime in the next 5 years (at least) so I'd forget about that one now. Not just that, it won't even come anywhere close to matching it. I'm willing to bet that when the sales figures come out you'll see that Fifa still sold more games this week than Pes managed in it's opening release week. That's a pretty damning statistic, but then Konami's aim has to be to raise their sales year on year and forget about Fifa.

Your hope of more sales meaning more budget is a logical one but probably not how it would work in reality. In most aspects Konami are a company stuck not just in the past but also with their head in the sand with regards to what classes as quality in the western world. They don't have the leadership or technical know how to compete with Western game developers and their distributors. And I don't mean from a money perspective, I mean from a business perspective.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

CharlieWaffles
Beginner
Beginner
Supports: Newcastle United FC

Post by CharlieWaffles » 4 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:Pes will not outsell Fifa anytime in the next 5 years (at least) so I'd forget about that one now. Not just that, it won't even come anywhere close to matching it. I'm willing to bet that when the sales figures come out you'll see that Fifa still sold more games this week than Pes managed in it's opening release week. That's a pretty damning statistic, but then Konami's aim has to be to raise their sales year on year and forget about Fifa.

Your hope of more sales meaning more budget is a logical one but probably not how it would work in reality. In most aspects Konami are a company stuck not just in the past but also with their head in the sand with regards to what classes as quality in the western world. They don't have the leadership or technical know how to compete with Western game developers and their distributors. And I don't mean from a money perspective, I mean from a business perspective.
I remember when somebody told about the death of the franchise was a matter of couple of years. Few weeks after the release of PES 2015, analyzing all the facts and factors driving the games industry, it's true.

In fact, Pro Evolution Soccer is heading to extinction. This is too sad to assimilate naturally or easily. Poor sales in Italy, Spain and Portugal. UK and Germany? Lost battles! South America turning their back on PES. Argentina seems to be the exception. Not sure how the PES Team will be able to convince Konami investors to keep putting money in.

Hideo Kojima laughs!
Last edited by Mike on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: CharlieWaffles - you're still quoting yourself!
"True friends stab you in the front." Oscar Wilde

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 4 years ago

the main goal for KONAMI should be to win back their 'old' fanbase - and with pes 2015 they are on the right track i think. having achieved that and getting new licenses they will be probably able to challenge FIFA in 3 or 4 years (assuming there won't be any major setbacks like PES 2014)...