Saving penalties

RyantheTiger
Beginner
Beginner

Saving penalties

Post by RyantheTiger » 2 years ago

Has anyone saved one yet? I've only really played offline, but I haven't seen a penalty saved yet either by me or the opposition. More than once, I've chipped it down the middle, the keeper has stayed in the middle and it's just gone through him. It's as if there just isn't the possibility of a save from a penalty in the game any more regardless of where the ball and keeper go. It feels like cheating, but I just chip it down the middle every time now, knowing that it won't be saved. Is it the same for everyone else?

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: Saving penalties

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

RyantheTiger wrote:Has anyone saved one yet? I've only really played offline, but I haven't seen a penalty saved yet either by me or the opposition. More than once, I've chipped it down the middle, the keeper has stayed in the middle and it's just gone through him. It's as if there just isn't the possibility of a save from a penalty in the game any more regardless of where the ball and keeper go. It feels like cheating, but I just chip it down the middle every time now, knowing that it won't be saved. Is it the same for everyone else?
Yeah I have saved pens vs the Com and against mates. When I play vs humans on myclub though I find they chip the ball to the corners which can't be saved. I recently played a pen shootout in the "Online Challenge" and the guy took the same penalty 5 times in a row. He hit the bar with one but the rest I had no chance of saving. By the 4th pen I was thinking "is he really doing this". Don't see the fun in exploitling stuff like this.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 years ago

Now you mention it I'm not sure I've seen many saved, that said I don't get many fouls from the CPU at all. I have seen my keeper almost obligingly raise an arm or a leg so the ball can trickle in.

The whole system is really poor. If you try for full power there's still next to no pace on the shot and it's just as likely to roll in as it will sky over the bar. Which isn't really representative of real life...

[youtube]
[/youtube]

At full power even the better players have a target area the size of half a goal. Makes a mockery of picking a side to shoot, I just aim low and down the middle with full power and the rest is up to the PES gods.

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 2 years ago

I have saved a few and certainly missed a few aswell mainly with Ronaldo one slight touch on stick and its wide. I hate the whole PK system and hope its completly re done for next years.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 years ago

Just won the Europa final on 10-9 on penalties...no saves and all on target except the last which hit the post