📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

Seems FIFA won't be worth bothering with, mate.
Just read some opinions from FIFA fanboys (the same ones that slagged of the PES demo) and they're saying it's gone backwards.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

Trying my best to refrain from a massive rant but this is poor even by Konami's standard. They get away with stuff like this to some extent with pre order bonuses and the like...though not sure how it'll play out with Steam refunds.
I'm just going to try and not play the game loads until a file is out and I can start ML proper. I'm sure that like a good many I'd have happily waited and picked up a second hand copy once Konami pulled their finger out.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:Have the gameplay flaws started to rear their ugly heads yet?
The flaws are mainly online and the same as last year, dumb ai team mates and defenders/keepers who leave massive gaps and don't dive.. Offline doesn't have these problems at all and allegedly it is being looked at and will hopefully have the AI upped.. Feels like its set to regular online right now, it should be superstar in player vs player games. No reason for it not to be... As for everything else, I haven't really noticed any flaws, the gameplay feels tight and responsive and even the lag online is non existent for me, besides the odd hiccup here and there, but then, little lag spikes happen occasionally in most games unfortunately.

Offline its superb, player vs player on superstar level is fantastic fun. The game flows better than ever to be honest...

They just need to iron out the goalkeeping/defending AI team mates online and it will be my go to online mode for the whole season without a doubt, and this is coming from someone who gave up on myClub very quickly last year because of the response times and the such like...

As for the data pack, typical f'n Konami... They need to rush that through and get it out on the 1st October latest if you ask me. There is NO reason not to have the updated transfers ready on release date, let alone a month and a half later. I was supposed to be having a PES session on the 2nd October with a load of mates and they will immediately be put off the idea if all the squads are out of date when FIFA 16 will be up to date without a doubt. Its only transfer updates, someone could do them all in a day or two and have them up as a mini data pack surely? Hell if they had just opened up the damn option files or had a PES edit mode export/import then someone could have done them for them and everyone who had access to the internet would have updated squads and all kits etc.. As it is, I have a week off next week and I will now be spending a portion of that time trying to remember who signed who from where and updating all of that info before the 2nd! Damn you Konami!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 4 years ago

Just had a quick look and it looks DP1 was completely designed to suit Japan. WE2016 doesn't come out until October the 1st, and they'll be receiving a nice new data pack by the end of the month.
PSN: Walker2k7

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Yeah like you said, first impressions count. You invite your FIFA playing mates over and it's the first time they've seen the game..

"Isn't that the exact same menu as last time?"
"Yeah, don't worry they've really improved the gameplay"
"Shame you can't get the Premier League kits"
"Will do, unfortunately going to be a bit of a wait"
"Err Gerrard is at Liverpool?"
"Yeah just waiting on the squad update"
"Why isn't it up to date on release?"
"It's a Pro Evo thing...should be up to date before November"
"But it was the start of the year and everyone knew Gerrard was leaving"

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

Its just greed by Konami, all they cared about is getting the game out before the big releases this year. This should have been a November release like last year.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

I can understand the disappointment, but seriously, would you rather play 2015 with old squads, or 2016 with old squads?

2016 is miles ahead of 2015, and for the first time in years I'm enjoying playing it. 2015 had its moments, but felt like a chore to play more often than not.

I almost ignored 2015 due to the November release and would have welcomed it sooner due to how poor 2014 was. 2015 was better, but grew every bit as stale as 2014 over time. 2016 couldn't have come soon enough regardless of transfer updates.

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 4 years ago

^definitely agree

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 4 years ago

Anyone know if the Copa Sudamericana 2015 update is due with DP1?

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Missingno1990 wrote:I can understand the disappointment, but seriously, would you rather play 2015 with old squads, or 2016 with old squads?
You're absolutely right, but at the same time it's not acceptable purely because this year's game is better than last. I know that's not exactly what you're saying mate, but we're both fans of the series and by the looks of Adam on Twitter, we're more patient than a lot of people. But if they seriously want to get new people to play the game and stop losing them to FIFA, this is the kind of stuff they need to cut out.

For me I'm on 360 and only really interested in ML. If I start work editing myself, I'll lose everything by loading Daymos file...which in turn he can't work on until the DLC is released. I know once started I'll be happily playing ML well into 2016, but as a fan I feel cheated and prospective buyers are put off.

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

Post by pesfanneedhelp » 4 years ago

online seems much improved yesterday???????

no OP pressuring or passes on idiotic rails, much slower tempo games

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

pesfanneedhelp wrote:online seems much improved yesterday???????

no OP pressuring or passes on idiotic rails, much slower tempo games
Not sure if it was because of changes, but I had a close, 1-1 draw with a decent opponent (JohnCrush I believe his name was). Really tight game but it was so nice to play someone who wasn't trying to exploit or spamming through balls or stuff like that. My keeper even made some saves for a change!

As for the data pack update, if they have any sense, they would rush out a update for the 1st October to at least update the transfers. The backlash they have had has been pretty bad and that would be a way to appease everyone I think. Besides, there really is no excuse to not have something like transfers done on release date, let alone nearly a month and a half later. I started doing my own yesterday, did the major ones for most of the premier league so far but the actual system of doing it is archaic. Something else they really need to sort out and speed up, the amount of screens you need to navigate to get a player moved is frustrating. Why can I not just select the player then move them to any club? Instead I have to go to the buying club, choose Add, go to the selling club, find the player then add him... grrr.. Took me ages!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingjames84 » 4 years ago

Loved my club last year and loving it again besides keepers (waiting for patch) but u hope to god they have not killed it with this levelling up. There's no way players should be able to get up to Ronaldo and Messi level of even hit the 09's. There shouldn't even be a levelling up system. Just deal with the player your dealt. Or if so please make there a limit otherwise everyone is gonna have super teams online that should be average totally unrealistic. I have a black ball ST who is 80 and he is now level 34 and a 82. Surely there is a limit

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

The DP1 news is hugely disappointing, however, I must say that I'm still really enjoying the game.

Flicking between Edit mode (just 10 Bundesliga teams to go!) and offline Exhibition matches, the last few days have been an absolute blast. Every time I go on it seems, even late at night, I always find myself saying 'just one more game'. Of course it's early days, but for now at least, I feel that PES 2016 is as good as, if not better, than the glorious PS2 days. I just hope this feeling is here to stay!

Although I'm very aware of the issues with online and the out-of-date transfers. But with loads of editing to do, I'm sure I'll be able to cope - although I'll be the first to admit that I'm in the minority here (in regards to being content with putting hours into Edit mode).
BunglesFinger wrote:Anyone know if the Copa Sudamericana 2015 update is due with DP1?
Like Independiente and the Maracanã Stadium, it wasn't mentioned in yesterday's announcement. If I had to guess, I'd say these items won't make it in until DP2.
✅ 🐦 💟

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

I got FIFA yesterday and I didn't enjoy it much. Maybe it was because I was really tired, but if I really dont like this years one, I'm going to need this to be good now otherwise I wont have a football game to enjoy this time around.

I'm not really going to listen to people when they say how good it is, we're still in the honeymoon stage, give it another month at least to say if its really good or not. I just want that addictive feeling back.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades