📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by BunglesFinger » 4 years ago

Having a nightmare on XBox 360.

I've created around 20 teams and exported them all to a USB. Then I've imported them back in after DP1, but lots of players have had their nationalities changed back to default. The problem is that I can't change them- edit mode allows it but then when I save and go back, they're back to default. Must be some sort of bug.
Its going to take days of (slow on 360) editing to create duplicate players and transfer them in. Plus there'll be DP2 to mess that all up.
I should really just play a ML and ignore the Nationalities, but I'm anal about stuff like that.

trza49er
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by trza49er » 4 years ago

Really hard to fathom this sort of negligence in such a simple area as updating rosters. Is it too much to ask that they just seek out an expert option file maker (Daymos, Glen, 7oy) and bring them onto the payroll?

I've been an NBA 2k fan for years and years now, and they always struggled keeping the rosters accurate, which is embarrassing considering there's only 350ish players in the NBA. So a couple of years ago they hired a guy who had been making excellent roster files for the previous few years, and voila! Now they update lineups, accessories, tendencies, etc at least once a week, often times more frequently than that. It's absolutely glorious, I have no idea why PES wouldn't do something similar.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

I actually did the major transfers myself and started a ML already so I am not too fussed that they screwed it up... If they have any sense though they will get data pack 1.5 out within the week or else there are going to be a lot of angry PES players who may just go elsewhere... Me, I will hang it out and wait and keep going with my ML... Has anyone played any MyClub since the update and if so, are the keepers and AI improved or not?

Also, I suggest anyone that wants a good laugh, go and look at 22 year old Alex Pritchard in the Spurs squad and see the glorious old man face and faded wrestler hair they have given him, it made me chuckle :)
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

BunglesFinger wrote:lots of players have had their nationalities changed back to default. The problem is that I can't change them- edit mode allows it but then when I save and go back, they're back to default. Must be some sort of bug.
I'm on PS4 so no import/exports for me, although I'm also experiencing this issue. Whatever I do, my base copied Piszczek always reverts back from Polish to German. (crazy)
✅ 🐦 💟

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

What I don't understand is how they can possibly have outdated squads when the live update squads are accurate. (think)

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 4 years ago

trza49er wrote:Really hard to fathom this sort of negligence in such a simple area as updating rosters. Is it too much to ask that they just seek out an expert option file maker (Daymos, Glen, 7oy) and bring them onto the payroll?

I've been an NBA 2k fan for years and years now, and they always struggled keeping the rosters accurate, which is embarrassing considering there's only 350ish players in the NBA. So a couple of years ago they hired a guy who had been making excellent roster files for the previous few years, and voila! Now they update lineups, accessories, tendencies, etc at least once a week, often times more frequently than that. It's absolutely glorious, I have no idea why PES wouldn't do something similar.
i totally agree!

why do they even bother bringing young players like D. Alli or Iheanacho into the game? they all look more or less the same and seem to have random random stats around 60... Martial (besides him still being at Monaco) is still only 74, Coman 73... They should be at least able to copy stats from FIFA (as they have done for the last year).

although gameplay has improved the database has become from bad to worse since PES 2015... got a lot of laughs from my FIFA playing friends today...

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

floriank90 wrote:
trza49er wrote:Really hard to fathom this sort of negligence in such a simple area as updating rosters. Is it too much to ask that they just seek out an expert option file maker (Daymos, Glen, 7oy) and bring them onto the payroll?

i totally agree!

why do they even bother bringing young players like D. Alli or Iheanacho into the game? they all look more or less the same and seem to have random random stats around 60... Martial (besides him still being at Monaco) is still only 74, Coman 73... They should be at least able to copy stats from FIFA (as they have done for the last year).

although gameplay has improved the database has become from bad to worse since PES 2015... got a lot of laughs from my FIFA playing friends today...
Agree on the random low stats given to youth players, disagree with comparing the stats to FIFA. Do you actually understand how everything in game is calculated in PES? It's far more in depth than FIFA. Stats, if FIFA is still the same, are the be all and end all. In PES, those stats are used for calculations, taking into account height, weight, game physics and the like. There is a PES fansite, I can't remember the name of right now, that is aimed at the more tech savvy players. They do experiments to understand how the game calculates how fast a player actually runs, shoots, passes, tackles, etc, have in depth looks at the tactics and so on. A game can be similar in terms of genre, style, gameplay, and even engine. But each game will most likely have its own unique physics, code, calculations and the like despite how they look on the outside. Stats do give an indication, but to copy straight from FIFA wouldn't fix things. :great:

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

Really wish I hung back and got the game second hand once they got the squads together. Is there any indication how long we'll have to wait? I'm guessing there will be some kind of delay for MS/Sony to authorise any more DLC.

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingjames84 » 4 years ago

DLC nothing short of embarrassing from Konami but are people surprised I for one am not. The game clearly needs a Novmber release it was no where near ready in my opinion and they just wanted it out before FIFA. Playing after update superstar seems a lot better which is good. Anyone know wat the new ball is was hoping it would be the orange Nike one used in the premier league during the winter but can't find it. They really need a quick update for the final transfers or people could sway back to FIFA and understandable as it's been out over a month and still not full squads. Shocking from Konami

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 4 years ago

Mike wrote:
BunglesFinger wrote:lots of players have had their nationalities changed back to default. The problem is that I can't change them- edit mode allows it but then when I save and go back, they're back to default. Must be some sort of bug.
I'm on PS4 so no import/exports for me, although I'm also experiencing this issue. Whatever I do, my base copied Piszczek always reverts back from Polish to German. (crazy)
Yeah, it's frustrating Mike. I've got dozens of players the same and I guess you have too. At least the appearances didn't reset for my exported players.

I think I'll spend some time re sorting out the National Team duplicate players (again) then start a ML and make a point of avoiding any editing for a good while. The more we do, the more Konami mess it up.

johnnybhoy1967
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Celtic

Post by johnnybhoy1967 » 4 years ago

Lads, when the game first loads up after downloading dp1, it gives the option to not update the clubs and national teams. Did anyone uncheck these boxes and was any editing messed up? Just want to know cause if it didnt mess anything, im tempted just to manualy do the transfers myself and start on the nationals aswell

Mike
Founder
Founder

Kingjames84 wrote:Anyone know wat the new ball is was hoping it would be the orange Nike one used in the premier league during the winter but can't find it.
I don't know for sure as I haven't found it yet but I'd expect it's a league-specific ball that's not available in Exhibition matches (i.e. the new Ligue 1 OMB or something like that).
BunglesFinger wrote:I think I'll spend some time re sorting out the National Team duplicate players (again) then start a ML and make a point of avoiding any editing for a good while. The more we do, the more Konami mess it up.
I've fixed up Dortmund but that's all I'm going to do until DP2. I know most of my appearances are totally wrong but at least the stats and accessories have been left intact. If I do get bored, I may fix up a few more of the big clubs but right now I'm not particularly in the mood. :oops:
johnnybhoy1967 wrote:Did anyone uncheck these boxes and was any editing messed up? Just want to know cause if it didnt mess anything, im tempted just to manualy do the transfers myself and start on the nationals aswell
I did this at first. But there were still mistakes (eg. my edited players still had their faces reset), so I ended up deleting my new Edit Data file from my PS4 and ended up using my Backup Edit Data file to reinstall DP1, this time opting to update both Club and NTs.

Like I've mentioned on here before, unfortunately there isn't an ideal situation because both options bring similar issues. With that in mind, I'd imagine it would be better - albeit slightly - for everyone to go ahead and update, and then wait for DP2. Of course, you are free to re-do your edits but I guess that depends on how big your workload is, because the chances are you'll only have to re-do those edits (again!) once DP2 is out.
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

What day yesterday was then hey!! It's all been said here already so no point in me having a rant. What can we say?? It was a "textbook" Data Pack delivery. Never smooth is it!?

Reading the little bits from Adam this morning and the Data Pack notes from yesterday, I've come up with my theory on the matter. The matter is the Tokyo team seem to be on another planet altogether. The DP notes do say that the transfers were complete up to the 30th August. So according to Konami, they have delivered this correctly. The notes didn't lie and say as at 1st September or anything so this correct. Now Adam's tweet this morning mentioned "missing" Transfers. Now I take it he means the deadline day deals like Martial and doesn't mean there were some deals done on the 30th Aug that are missing? Hope it's the former and not the latter. Was Adam unaware the DP was only containing deals up to the 30th Aug?.......

Missingno1990 above makes a great point about how the Live updates are correct (usually) so why isn't the Data Pack? Great Point! Adam also tweeted that this is something he needs to find out. If he doesn't know (unless he's just saying this?) then this indicates again that Tokyo are once again the problem. Someone needs to bang heads together at the Toyko HQ and hopefully Adam is the man. Don't know how you all feel about him but I think he can get stuff done and improve this common mess. Excluding this social media behaviour, he seems to be moving PES in the right direction but the problem just seems to be Tokyo. His recent promotion should see him working closely with the main guys in Tokyo so hopefully we might see an end to these "typical" Konami errors.

I already think they do already have "Data Experts" working for them. I've been lucky enough to have been along to a couple of "PES Events" over the last couple of years and I get to hear some stuff, "off the record" though of course. These Data guys do collect all the data for the offline stats, as well as the Live weekly updates, but the problem seems to be that this data isn't always used and often overlooked. Sadly, dispite all these guys hard work, someone else seems to be making final decisions. It's a real shame!

On a lighter note, whilst wrting this, I've seen a screen shot of the new Admin message from Konami when logging into the game. I am paraphasing but it says somehting like they apologise for the fact that DP1 has mucked up apperances of edited players and they are working on corrected it. We have to wait for DP2 to correct it, which hints that the DP2 isn't going to be far away. A date would be nice but at this stage I suppose they don't want to upset anyone more people by stating a date that might change. The note also says that we shouldn't edit any more players until DP2 is out. As of right now I haven't seen a date for release.

Konami need to stop their current business strategy of "shooting themselves in the foot".
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 4 years ago

All of this is valid response to Konami's latest blunder. Having to wait until DP2 to get it fixed though is shocking. I don't think I'll be trading PES in, however it was nice to go home last night, turn on the console and be able to start a Career Mode with up to date squads. Carlton Cole has even been added to Celtic already! I know FIFA by default is the most infuriating game on the planet but had a decent game once I tinkered a bit. PES had it in the bag this year.. this kind of headway and press plus securing a few new licenses for next season would have had a lot of FIFA gamers turning to our side.

It's a real shame that Konami have screwed it up, but having to wait until an as yet unconfirmed release date for another DP is completely unacceptable.

I see absolutely no evidence suggesting that PES should have been released when it was. We cant play the majority of the game modes until after DP2... And then what? We wait until March for DP3 and the January transfer window? Nah, not for me, gameplay can only get you so far.
PSN: Walker2k7

Mike
Founder
Founder

Shales wrote:I've seen a screen shot of the new Admin message from Konami when logging into the game. I am paraphasing but it says somehting like they apologise for the fact that DP1 has mucked up apperances of edited players and they are working on corrected it.
Read it here or show the spoiler below:
SpoilerShow
We confirmed that applying DP1.0 causes overwriting of the edited data of player appearances (Face, Hairstyle and Physique).

The customers who want to keep using the edit data created before applying DP1.0, can salvage the data when DP2.0 is released.
Please do not delete the [Backup Edit Data] that is made up when applying DP1.0 and is necessary for salvaging.

Please avoid editing data before applying DP2.0, because the edited data that created after applying DP1.0 will be deleted when DP2.0 is applied.

*We will inform how to salvage the edit data in a later announcement.
*DP2.0 is scheduled to release within this year.

We deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused.
So for now, it's basically no more editing until DP2 is released and do not touch your Backup Edit Data file (not that anyone would!)
✅ 🐦 💟