📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Hmmm..... a DP2 timescale of "this year". The last thing we want is another muck up so I appreciate they will want to make sure this is correct, but this needs to be released very soon. That's if they want to (I use their word here) salvage their repuation. Not that there is much left now.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Shales wrote:Hmmm..... a DP2 timescale of "this year". The last thing we want is another muck up so I appreciate they will want to make sure this is correct, but this needs to be released very soon. That's if they want to (I use their word here) salvage their repuation. Not that there is much left now.
I know it's been a frustrating few days but I'd still like to think that DP2 will be out sometime next month.
✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote:Nah, not for me, gameplay can only get you so far.
No, it is all about gameplay... I could care less about the squads and stuff, I can overlook that if the gameplay is fun. And simply put, Master League this year is a joy. I never enjoyed any of FIFAs solo modes but Master League has been so much fun. I did the major transfers myself and started a ML as quickly as possible. If you want to wait for the perfect update then you will probably never start, but missing out on what is a fantastic game and mode because of out of date squads is a terrible idea... Gameplay this year is truly fantastic and has got all my FIFA loving friends back to PES, at least at my house. So I will use the live updates and cope until the next DP and just enjoy the game, you should try doing the same..
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

trza49er
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by trza49er » 3 years ago

This has definitely dissuaded me from doing much roster editing going forward. I had planned on doing the Bundesliga and some of the national teams, but if I'm going to have to backtrack every time then yeesh. I think I'll just stick with fixing all the BPL and Skybet kits and live with the Konami Live Updates, which seem to be working ok so far.

I can't tell any difference in terms of gameplay. What do you guys think?

Shales

trza49er wrote:This has definitely dissuaded me from doing much roster editing going forward. I had planned on doing the Bundesliga and some of the national teams, but if I'm going to have to backtrack every time then yeesh. I think I'll just stick with fixing all the BPL and Skybet kits and live with the Konami Live Updates, which seem to be working ok so far.

I can't tell any difference in terms of gameplay. What do you guys think?
Going forward, you'd think that editing would be fine. If they know that DP1 caused all the edited players mucking up, and know how to fix it, surely next time around they would just prevent it mucking up?? This is actually a massive improvement in my eyes. This has happened before but they've never done anything about it. Perhaps this is because of the new import kits options? As they now know that we are all editing our own Bundesliga etc, it makes no sense to muck our edits up.

I played a bunch of 1v1's yesterday with my mates I don't think I noticed any difference. I also played 1 vs com match in MyClub and didn't notice anything. Vs com is where i'd mose epxect to see differences, but I couldn't judge it with just one match.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
Walker2o wrote:Nah, not for me, gameplay can only get you so far.
No, it is all about gameplay... I never enjoyed any of FIFAs solo modes but Master League has been so much fun....you should try doing the same..
That is why our opinions will differ. PES has better gameplay, yes. I do enjoy master league, with the players that are supposed to be in the team. I have a master league that I have been playing. I don't need to try and do anything.

You don't enjoy FIFA, I do. You're argument is as valid as me telling you to buy FIFA and change the sliders until you find gameplay that works for you and is fun.

But lets be honest the gameplay does have it's faults. And they are surprisingly similar to FIFA.. goalkeepers, too 'on-rails' passing, shooting that's too easy, fouls...

My point is that we should not have to wait until Christmas before we are able to play a game marketed for this seasons football, with last seasons database.
PSN: Walker2k7

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across badly... I just meant really, that at the end of the day, the gameplay should be the be the most important thing. I would rather have a fun and enjoyable game with out of date squads than a fully updated disappointment. Totally agree both games have their faults, and I was hoping this patch would bring about fixes for the fouls and the such like. However, even with the disappointing squad update, I know which game is the far more enjoyable to play at the moment..

As for FIFA, I don't not enjoy it, I find it fun with friends and I have enjoyed Ultimate Team for the last few years (Since 2012 I have bought both PES and FIFA each year).. But for me, the solo experience of PES will always be superior and I also find that for sheer player vs player sofa games, PES is by far and away the better of the two again. Nothing beats a good old game of drinking game PES :) Especially if you are running a tournament too!!

*PES Drinking Game Rules
Concede a goal - 4 Fingers of drink
Red Card - 4 Fingers
Yellow Card - 2 Fingers
Miss a Sitter - Finish Drink
Penalty Conceded/Miss Penalty - 3 Fingers
Own Goal - Finish Drink
Not shooting when it sits up nice! - Finish Drink :)

We do this on PES and FIFA and it tends to get rather messy rather quickly, for added entertainment, add a 2 finger drink for whenever the ball goes out of play for throws/corners/goal kicks and offsides... The concentration levels required to not be hammered at half time are intense :)
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
*PES Drinking Game Rules
Red Card - 4 Fingers
Yellow Card - 2 Fingers
Own Goal - Finish Drink

We do this on PES and FIFA and it tends to get rather messy rather quickly, for added entertainment, add a 2 finger drink for whenever the ball goes out of play for throws/corners/goal kicks and offsides... The concentration levels required to not be hammered at half time are intense :)
Me too, No worries :) We have a rule you should include and it's called "offisde". When a player finishes his drink during the game, he becomes "offside". He then has to replace the drink without pausing the game. The other player is allowed to continue. Any goals scored in this time have to be redeemed before you can continue playing.

You also need to drink if your opponent has a clean sheet at the end of the match!
PSN: Walker2k7

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool

Post by JohnCB2013 » 3 years ago

I've said this already, but, I'll say it again, the "MAIN" reason you buy a yearly released football game (or practically any yearly released sports game) is first and foremost for the latest squads/roster, I think it is near unforgivable as the good as the gameplay can be that the game is still out of date.

I respect anyone who can go ahead and play the likes of ML with out of date squads, but, I just can't do that, it would totally ruin the whole mode/experience for me, so I'm still waiting. :(

I have to say (for me) DP1 was a near total disaster, apart from the out of date transfers even the added faces were a huge disappointment, so many faces that people were crying out for (Mane, Wanyama, Vardy etc. to name just a few) nowhere to be seen, while many were not even NEW faces and were in last years game (Reina, Kuyt etc.)

Still not come across the new ball that was advertised either :?:

Only thing that come out of DP1 was we got a few extra teams added, like Galatasaray etc. that was probably the only real positive from DP1 IMO.

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingjames84 » 3 years ago

I to have not come across this 'new ball' if it's not available in exhibition then why bother telling us. Maybe they've missed this to. Game feels slightly better after update however I'm not one for single player anymore it a bit boring. AI on superstar are very very good when they have the ball but when they don't have it you can run through them like its on professional or something.
Still seems awful online on Myclub, search other forums and Twitter lots still saying same keepers on this mode are still garbage.
They say they listen to there fans I honestly think they don't far to many things still broken that people have complained about. Think it's time for the Tokyo team to call it a day they don't seem to know what there doing.

cartman84
Reserve
Reserve

Post by cartman84 » 3 years ago

Kingjames84 wrote:I to have not come across this 'new ball' if it's not available in exhibition then why bother telling us. Maybe they've missed this to. Game feels slightly better after update however I'm not one for single player anymore it a bit boring. AI on superstar are very very good when they have the ball but when they don't have it you can run through them like its on professional or something.
Still seems awful online on Myclub, search other forums and Twitter lots still saying same keepers on this mode are still garbage.
They say they listen to there fans I honestly think they don't far to many things still broken that people have complained about. Think it's time for the Tokyo team to call it a day they don't seem to know what there doing.
Couldn't agree more with this. AI is such a challenge on superstar when they have the ball but still awful when you have it. To easy to score, makes single player boring. Online is dreadful as always same every year they need to sort it out big time. Keepers should be the same on every mode. Make online keepers superstar standard it's far more realistic than games that finish 8-4 online. I'd rather it be hard to score than easy.
DP1 was a joke wasn't it? Real ones out this week right?
Can't find new ball either? Probs be in data pack 3/4. Anyone know when the Maracana stadium will be on. I guess we can expect Jan transfers in pes2017 then. Such a shame as was cause the gameplay is at times brilliant they need to iron it out across the modes so it's the same. Online exhibition with a friend is great compared to Myclub online, why? They don't answer anything either by the looks of things on Twitter.

Shales

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
*PES Drinking Game Rules
Red Card - 4 Fingers
Yellow Card - 2 Fingers
Own Goal - Finish Drink
Can't believe I've never played rules like this! We used to play loads of 1v1's on a Friday night before going out but didn't have any drinking rules. Drinks would just naturally sail down our throats as that was my/our prime binge drinking days. That's going back to the early PS2 days when Barca were Catalonia.

More recently we've played 2v2 tourney's where the winners after each match had to do shots of Absynthe. They rack up when you play group stages. You then get teams who see if they can afford to lose a game just to avoid a having to do a shot.
ukexplicit1984 wrote: Not shooting when it sits up nice! - Finish Drink :)
This is the "un-written rule" of PES! Drinking games or not, or even if you're losing the match, you have to strike a bouncing ball. Even if you're Per Mertesacker!

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool

Post by JohnCB2013 » 3 years ago

So pi**ed off right now, stuck with Konami again this year when I was real close to jumping ship and giving Fifa a go, now today they are saying we're be waiting "WEEKS" yes, weeks once again before they can correct transfers, on top of this the promised stadium will also now be delayed, I mean the game is desperate for more stadiums as it is with a quite pathetic selection in all honesty now they're even holding that back.

But, wait all is not lost because Konami say they will be looking to add more boots, yes, that's right bl**dy boots, not teams or stadiums something worthwhile but pointless boots to make up for the delay (clap)

I really think this will be the final nail in the coffin this time, I think many fans even long time loyal fans (like myself) have had enough of this crap.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 3 years ago

C'mon now. Boots are more important than up to date squads. :lol:

Shales

Missingno1990 wrote:C'mon now. Boots are more important than up to date squads. :lol:
I know you are only kidding but for me, boots are probably the least important thing to update. I couldn't care if Ronaldo isn't wearing his latest pair etc. Also long as they are all not wearing the plain black boots then I am happy just having the boots that are given to us at launch. Same goes for the balls too. If adding boots to the game is taking up valuable resource away from other things then just please sack boot updates off altogether. That's my view anyway.
JohnCB2013 wrote: .....on top of this the promised stadium will also now be delayed, I mean the game is desperate for more stadiums as it is with a quite pathetic selection in all honesty now they're even holding that back.
I am eager to see this new Stadium too. But in this the current mess, I understand why they would put this on the shelf for the time being. But this should come way before any boots & balls.

It all comes down to how low they are on resource and arguable how badly they use their resource. PES has had some great success over the last two years. Finally time to do us fans a favour and expand the team. Or just take on more PES community members or just use the "live Data" team more effectively.

PES right now falls under the phrase " a child only a mother could love " Us proper fans put up with it and seem to be very tolerant and are very lucky to have great fans like us. If they want to target the FIFA audience then they need to sort themselves out. PES just can't be taken seriously by anyone who's on the outside looking in.