📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

User avatar
ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

Walker2o wrote:
Me too, No worries :) We have a rule you should include and it's called "offisde". When a player finishes his drink during the game, he becomes "offside". He then has to replace the drink without pausing the game. The other player is allowed to continue. Any goals scored in this time have to be redeemed before you can continue playing.

You also need to drink if your opponent has a clean sheet at the end of the match!
That is fantastic and is definitely getting added to the list!!


PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

User avatar
ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

Shales wrote:
ukexplicit1984 wrote:
*PES Drinking Game Rules
Concede a goal - 4 Fingers of drink
Red Card - 4 Fingers
Yellow Card - 2 Fingers
Miss a Sitter - Finish Drink
Penalty Conceded/Miss Penalty - 3 Fingers
Own Goal - Finish Drink
Not shooting when it sits up nice! - Finish Drink :)
Can't believe I've never played rules like this! We used to play loads of 1v1's on a Friday night before going out but didn't have any drinking rules. Drinks would just naturally sail down our throats as that was my/our prime binge drinking days. That's going back to the early PS2 days when Barca were Catalonia.

More recently we've played 2v2 tourney's where the winners after each match had to do shots of Absynthe. They rack up when you play group stages. You then get teams who see if they can afford to lose a game just to avoid a having to do a shot.
ukexplicit1984 wrote: Not shooting when it sits up nice! - Finish Drink :)
This is the "un-written rule" of PES! Drinking games or not, or even if you're losing the match, you have to strike a bouncing ball. Even if you're Per Mertesacker!
These rules really are fantastic. I have a little white board that I scrawl them on before the tournament starts, normally 8 of us playing doubles or occasionally singles.. Got a tournament app on my phone that arranges all the fixtures and away we go! It can get messy, especially as a few of us prefer rum to beers and if you have a bad game you know about it quickly!

And as for the sitting up nice rule, well yeah, that has been standard since the first ISS on PS1 I think! Some of the best goals I have ever scored have been from that.. In fact the best goal I have ever seen scored was my friend hitting one first time with Zidane from just inside the center circle and it crashed into the top corner... Think that was PES 4 or 5 I imagine and the replay is probably still tucked away on a memory card somewhere at my parents house!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

johnnybhoy1967
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 8, 2012
Supports: Celtic

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by johnnybhoy1967 » 4 years ago

Been playing alot of games vs com the last few nights, the gameplay its self is pretty spot on. However, its either the goalkeepers or the AI shooting is waaay too accurate. Some games i can have 20 shots and only score one goal, the ai keepers are sometimes unstoppable. Why cant my keeper just play the same as the AI keeper. I take it theres no gameplay changes in tomorrows patch?

User avatar
ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

johnnybhoy1967 wrote:Been playing alot of games vs com the last few nights, the gameplay its self is pretty spot on. However, its either the goalkeepers or the AI shooting is waaay too accurate. Some games i can have 20 shots and only score one goal, the ai keepers are sometimes unstoppable. Why cant my keeper just play the same as the AI keeper. I take it theres no gameplay changes in tomorrows patch?
See, I don't see this I must admit. I have been playing ML, I have had a few games where the AI has been on fire and I have gotten beaten badly, however, I would say that they miss just as many chances as me. My keeper is one of the youth ones so he is only a 68 ish OVR but he makes a decent amount of stops, the same as the AI keepers who tend to be a lot more highly rated than him. I will happily admit, sometimes the AI can just find a rhythm that is unstoppable and all you can do is hope to get a lucky tackle or block in, but I do find the strikers do miss chances.. Although if I rush the keeper out it is nearly always a goal as they lob the keepers with consummate ease! I am only playing on Top Player but it always feels pretty fair and even to me other than those passages of play where I can not get near the ball for one reason or another..

Also, there is a patch tomorrow?
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

User avatar
itstroff
Regular
Regular
Posts: 452
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

I'm using assisted shooting on Top Player and I'd say it's pretty balanced between me and the CPU. They definitely have a knack of finding the bottom corner an awful lot. Though I know I could probably score as easy with far post R2 shots I just don't try to intentionally play my way into those positions, if you see what I mean.

In terms of balancing the CPU is always going to need some kind of boost in terms of finishing. There's only so far you can program creativity into the game and any human opponent is likely to be able to create more opportunities. So they're forced to have to almost cheat somewhere to make the game work.

Out of interest are people using manual or assisted shooting?

User avatar
Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2012
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
Location: Glasgow

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Walker2o » 4 years ago

I just read your piece on the apology from Konami.... They are postponing the data pack?! Oh my dear lord how is it possible for them to screw up so much. That data pack should be released on time, with the squads updated along with it! I am starting to feel sorry for you guys, I've always been able to jump between the two footballing games, loving FIFA atm, but to follow a game so faithfully to be kicked squarely in the wedding tackle is genuinely inexcusable. If they need to delay due to the monthly updates of the playstation store then you could be looking at december before you get the update! By which point you will end up just waiting until Easter for the January update!

Another play like this and FIFA steps up with a new engine, PES could be blown out of the water.
PSN: Walker2k7

User avatar
BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by BunglesFinger » 3 years ago

Anyone know if a Copa Sudamericana 2015 DP is due at some point?

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: London
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote:Another play like this and FIFA steps up with a new engine, PES could be blown out of the water.
It's an awful situation. New steps, whatever they are, must now be put into place so that this scenario never repeats itself.
BunglesFinger wrote:Anyone know if a Copa Sudamericana 2015 DP is due at some point?
Nothing confirmed yet. But right now, for me personally, it's all about launching DP2 (what DP1 should have been).
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by BunglesFinger » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
Walker2o wrote:Another play like this and FIFA steps up with a new engine, PES could be blown out of the water.
It's an awful situation. New steps, whatever they are, must now be put into place so that this scenario never repeats itself.
BunglesFinger wrote:Anyone know if a Copa Sudamericana 2015 DP is due at some point?
Nothing confirmed yet. But right now, for me personally, it's all about launching DP2 (what DP1 should have been).
It's an absolutely awful situation indeed and does need fixing properly asap. I must admit though, I haven't got any faith that Konami rectifying anything.

It's just a mess with hours of editing screwed up by an update that hasn't actually updated all the transfers. Now the advice is not to edit until DP2 because data will revert to pre DP1? Not sure if that's right or not or if that will work. For someone who isn't techy, it's confusing as hell. What exactly will DP2 fix or destroy exactly? If it took 6 weeks to release an outdated set of transfers, how long will it take to update the transfers and fix the editing problems?

I'm glad I jacked in the editing lark and got on with ML. I'm enjoying actually playing the game but have accepted that it's never going to be that realistic. There's always going to be fake players and unlicensed teams, duplicate players etc etc.

Then there'll be PES2017 to sort out....

trza49er
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by trza49er » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote:I just read your piece on the apology from Konami.... They are postponing the data pack?! Oh my dear lord how is it possible for them to screw up so much. That data pack should be released on time, with the squads updated along with it! I am starting to feel sorry for you guys, I've always been able to jump between the two footballing games, loving FIFA atm, but to follow a game so faithfully to be kicked squarely in the wedding tackle is genuinely inexcusable. If they need to delay due to the monthly updates of the playstation store then you could be looking at december before you get the update! By which point you will end up just waiting until Easter for the January update!

Another play like this and FIFA steps up with a new engine, PES could be blown out of the water.
I couldn't agree more. Personally I have thoroughly enjoyed both games from a gameplay perspective, but when Konami is this absurdly negligent AND they don't have all the licensing, they are making it more and more difficult to make the commitment to them each year. And it isn't like this is the 1st such instance of Data Pack incompetence, they do this every year in some capacity.

I've been waiting for news about a gameplay patch to hopefully reduce scoring a little, but if it takes them 2 months just to copy and paste the Live Update rosters (which are are already intact FFS), I have little faith that they'll be improving the game in any way this year.

It's like selling a Mercedes without power windows.

KPSNV
Super Sub
Super Sub
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by KPSNV » 3 years ago

Mike wrote: It's an awful situation. New steps, whatever they are, must now be put into place so that this scenario never repeats itself.
Honestly, this is said every single year! What's it gonna take for people to stop bending over and letting Konami steal your hard-earned money!? I'm glad I didn't buy the game again this year. Absolute rip-off if you ask me. I seriously don't understand why the football games companies don't just release an update every year, with up-to-date rosters, kits etc. In fact, it'll be because they can stick a full-price tag on a half-arsed, slightly-improved-on-the-previous-years' effort, and people will pay it. Despite major *bleep*-ups EVERY year after release.

They're getting no more of my money.

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

KPSNV wrote:......In fact, it'll be because they can stick a full-price tag on a half-arsed, slightly-improved-on-the-previous-years' effort, and people will pay it. Despite major *bleep*-ups EVERY year after release.
Yeah, that's exactly it. Why would they change their business plans if they are still raking in cash every year. FIFA could do it, but PES could never do that. PES could only update half there content due to licenses. Imagine they tried to get away with that. "This year, North London's kit will change from Orange stripes to purple :lol: "

Something just doesn't sit right with me regarding PES's roster update timings. I am sure Konami are not spilling the beans and are keeping the truth from us. Last year we got up to date rosters at launch via a day one DLC but that's because the games wasn't released until Nov. Over the years the first roster DLCs have come around this time (if not later). The September launch for PES just doesn't seem to work.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Have they done all the transfers yet after the mess up with the last update?

Might get this soon.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: London
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Nades wrote:Have they done all the transfers yet after the mess up with the last update?
Not yet, I'm afraid.

Data Pack 2 will update transfers, however, it looks like DP2 won't be out until sometime next month. :oops:
The roster issue is a priority for us to correct ASAP, but will take some weeks unfortunately. We had planned a second Data Pack for end of November which was set to include a new stadium for PS4 and Xbox One, the Maracana. However, we will not release this Data Pack without including a fix for the offline roster issue.
Right now we have removed the planned Data Pack from our schedule so we can implement the fix required. We will then go through the process to get it out as soon as possible. We’ll update the fans on our official social channels as soon as we have information on this.
Full statement here.
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
Nades wrote:Have they done all the transfers yet after the mess up with the last update?
Not yet, I'm afraid.

Data Pack 2 will update transfers, however, it looks like DP2 won't be out until sometime next month. :oops:
The roster issue is a priority for us to correct ASAP, but will take some weeks unfortunately. We had planned a second Data Pack for end of November which was set to include a new stadium for PS4 and Xbox One, the Maracana. However, we will not release this Data Pack without including a fix for the offline roster issue.
Right now we have removed the planned Data Pack from our schedule so we can implement the fix required. We will then go through the process to get it out as soon as possible. We’ll update the fans on our official social channels as soon as we have information on this.
Full statement here.
That's pretty disappointing. Was thinking of getting the game next week.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests