PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » Tue May 31, 2016 1:52 pm

pesfanneedhelp wrote: same scripting shizzle. have games where you lose every header and opponent intcepts every pass you make forwards

or everything plays in your favour
What difficulty are you using? Whilst I can't deny I get games like these, the vast majority are a lot more balanced than you say.
pesfanneedhelp wrote: anyone who denies this is a pes fanboy
Why be divisive? Especially when we're on a PES forum?

pesfanneedhelp
pesfanboy

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » Tue May 31, 2016 2:40 pm

pesfanneedhelp wrote: anyone who denies this is a pes fanboy
I'll be the first to say PES 2016 isn't a perfect game. But even with its flaws, you must also accept that there are other people - including myself - who still enjoy playing it. You may not necessarily agree with certain views but you should at least be able to respect them.

Obviously, there's a lot of room for improvement. But like everyone here, I want to see as many areas as possible worked on for PES 2017. From goalkeepers to referees, from DLC to in-game loading times, there's lots to be done.

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

Post by pesfanneedhelp » Tue May 31, 2016 3:26 pm

have no issues without anyone who manages to enjoy the game

but i will never show respect to anyone who denies that online it is scripted.

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:56 am

i know everyone is already talking about PES 2017 - but EURO is starting in a few days and as PES 2016 is the official game we should expect a squad update rather now than after the beginning of the tournament...

to be honest I don't expect too much at the moment and hope that KONAMI will at least keep their promise concerning up-to-date squads (& stats) for pes 2017 as they've recently announced.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:50 pm

floriank90 wrote: i know everyone is already talking about PES 2017 - but EURO is starting in a few days and as PES 2016 is the official game we should expect a squad update rather now than after the beginning of the tournament...
I'm still got my eyes on the update! Though it seems that it'll only include updated kits - there won't be a Euros squad update.

See this tweet from Adam Bhatti.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:52 pm

Excuse my ignorance but I really feel like I must have misunderstood something from that Twitter exchange. There's really no squad update coming out for the official Euro 2016 game?

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:24 am

itstroff wrote: There's really no squad update coming out for the official Euro 2016 game?
Unfortunately, it's true. Confirmed here.

Just logged into PES 2016 and got a Temporary Maintenance alert - which means the new kits will be out tomorrow.

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:50 am

Extremely disappointing - hard to believe things will change in PES 2017...

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:59 am

floriank90 wrote: Extremely disappointing - hard to believe things will change in PES 2017...
From what I gather, there'll be a new system in place for PES 2017 that will prevent things like this (and the delayed release of this year's DP1) from happening.

The fact we are getting weekly updates next year, for both online and offline play, makes me think that we can trust them with this.

But you are right, it's really tough to take. Although I don't mind updating the squads myself, I know not everyone can be bothered, especially with the likes of Albania, Romania and other sides who have very few in-game players in PES 2016. (think)

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:19 am

They can get the squads sorted, but based on previous updates there's like a month turnaround. So by the time the squads are announced it's too late for them. Thankfully be sorted next year but how did they end up with a system where it's takes a month longer to push out a database than it does for graphics?
All said and done it's a poor use of an official license.

songoku
Reserve
Reserve

Post by songoku » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:29 pm

Is it true that online connection(online/servers/lag) are really better on Play Station 4 than on PC? A lot of people are saying this.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:45 am

songoku wrote: Is it true that online connection(online/servers/lag) are really better on Play Station 4 than on PC? A lot of people are saying this.
Not sure.

To be honest, I wouldn't expect there to be a huge difference, if anything at all, given that online PES matches are hosted via P2P.

FrancSi
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by FrancSi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:25 pm

I WISH more than anything that theyd sort the referees out. But if they aint done it by now, it will be a new "feature" for PES 2017...
Last edited by Mike on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.