PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Missingno1990 » 1 year ago

The way the CPU sets up against you is different, and depends on how you've been playing in previous weeks.

Started playing again today, and noticed a few positives regarding the update. It seems to play better than before, offline anyway. No interest in online at the moment.
Goalkeepers are better than ever. Generally they were pretty decent if they had a pretty decent overall, but some of the stuff that I've seen today is superb. Started my proper Master League with Hull, and the CPU was through on goal on one occasion, I thought pass into bottom corner, goal. But no! McGregor reacted well, closed the angle better than pre update goalies, and not only got a touch on the ball, but then pounced backwards and clawed it off the line. There was also a ball going for a corner, which he sprinted for without me even pressing triangle, and he flew across to kick it out for a throw.
Had the opposition keepers pull off some equally amazing stuff, however R2 shots from 18 yards still seem too much for them. On the other hand, defensive AI seemed a bit smarter in blocking those, so that helps a little. Still a little tweaking needed.

Outfield players are also showing some stuff that I'd never seen in my 3 seasons of pre update Master League. The game seems more fluid than before, and I'm sure there's some new player animations in there.

The only downsides, and they're not huge, are completely removing some players rather than making them free agents, and the frame rate issues in cutscenes. The frame rate issue is pretty much constant now, whereas it only happened in heavily shadowed areas before.

Went to play the first match to kick off my season, got sucked into playing five. Really enjoying it again!

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 1 year ago

I just noticed there are legends in My Club. Please tell me they're in ML as well?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

Nades wrote:I just noticed there are legends in My Club. Please tell me they're in ML as well?
The Legends are exclusive to myClub. And as far as I'm aware, there is no way to add them into ML/Edit/etc.
✅ 🐦 💟

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 1 year ago

So I've played a fair bit of this now. I think it's pretty good, but the difficulty is weird. Doing a ML with Roma and I'm easily winning every game even though I'm on the hardest difficulty, then suddenly every now and then (usually important games) I will get destroyed. I even had one game where the game clearly didn't want me to win, every time I had a goal kick the keeper kicked it like 2 metres away even though I was putting full power on it....although it could have been a glitch.

It's also so easy to get your shots on target, too easy to get the ball back and I really miss the amount of stadiums you get on FIFA. Overall it's good, but not as good as I would want. Still think Konami have a lot to do for the next game.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingjames84 » 1 year ago

They should of brought this game out in two copies. One for single player and one for online. Because online is so bad it's untrue. My club online is a disgrace. Players all out of position passes don't go the way you aim everything is delayed. Keepers are a disgrace. I played someone with Khan in net and scored 4 finesse shots out of 4. Felt sorry for him he couldn't do anything and everyone should of been saved. Yet when I play boring single player my club the games so fluid and keepers are brilliant. It's a utter joke how much different it plays online. I've always bought pes but it's no wonder people play FIFA I had a game single player and online and there wasn't much difference. So many things need looking at in this game. Shooting is to over powering 90% of shots go on target I'm hitting screamers with defenders just as I would with say Pogba. Through balls are like homing missiles. Why does every single player do that little skip jump they wouldn't do in real life. There's hardly any fouls cause of it. They really need to use motion capture on the keepers. There so slow to get down. They all have the same animations, that stupid hang in the air super man dive they do is so unrealistic. They need to scrap everything on keepers and start again give them more stats, more animations, player ID on them all. Have there own style, there so poor. All forums still say it. How many shots trickle in is a joke and they never ever seem to dive at full length.

cartman84
Reserve
Reserve

Post by cartman84 » 1 year ago

Kingjames84 wrote:They should of brought this game out in two copies. One for single player and one for online. Because online is so bad it's untrue. My club online is a disgrace. Players all out of position passes don't go the way you aim everything is delayed. Keepers are a disgrace. I played someone with Khan in net and scored 4 finesse shots out of 4. Felt sorry for him he couldn't do anything and everyone should of been saved. Yet when I play boring single player my club the games so fluid and keepers are brilliant. It's a utter joke how much different it plays online. I've always bought pes but it's no wonder people play FIFA I had a game single player and online and there wasn't much difference. So many things need looking at in this game. Shooting is to over powering 90% of shots go on target I'm hitting screamers with defenders just as I would with say Pogba. Through balls are like homing missiles. Why does every single player do that little skip jump they wouldn't do in real life. There's hardly any fouls cause of it. They really need to use motion capture on the keepers. There so slow to get down. They all have the same animations, that stupid hang in the air super man dive they do is so unrealistic. They need to scrap everything on keepers and start again give them more stats, more animations, player ID on them all. Have there own style, there so poor. All forums still say it. How many shots trickle in is a joke and they never ever seem to dive at full length.
Agree with everything above. My club online is a disgrace but they won't do anything cause they only care about single player. It's 2016 sort your servers out. The game online is so unresponsive it's untrue. Laughable. Well won't be pre ordering the next one cause single player is boring and Konami have no idea what online means. Keepers ha absolute joke have been for years. Look on Twitter and other forums people still going on about them. They need a huge overhaul. My club GP is a joke makes you try and put money on it, contracts are far to much for the GP you earn.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Kingjames84 wrote:They should of brought this game out in two copies. One for single player and one for online. Because online is so bad it's untrue. My club online is a disgrace. Players all out of position passes don't go the way you aim everything is delayed. Keepers are a disgrace. I played someone with Khan in net and scored 4 finesse shots out of 4. Felt sorry for him he couldn't do anything and everyone should of been saved. Yet when I play boring single player my club the games so fluid and keepers are brilliant. It's a utter joke how much different it plays online. I've always bought pes but it's no wonder people play FIFA I had a game single player and online and there wasn't much difference. So many things need looking at in this game. Shooting is to over powering 90% of shots go on target I'm hitting screamers with defenders just as I would with say Pogba. Through balls are like homing missiles. Why does every single player do that little skip jump they wouldn't do in real life. There's hardly any fouls cause of it. They really need to use motion capture on the keepers. There so slow to get down. They all have the same animations, that stupid hang in the air super man dive they do is so unrealistic. They need to scrap everything on keepers and start again give them more stats, more animations, player ID on them all. Have there own style, there so poor. All forums still say it. How many shots trickle in is a joke and they never ever seem to dive at full length.
Yes I have scored quite a few past Kahn. Some games I didn't even realise he was in goal. It wasn't until I see a replay and think "oh that's kahn", then think he literally saved nothing.

The keeper performance and ease of scoring comes in waves for me. I have had games where my keeper (just an average 76 rated guy) has kept me in it, had game where I score 4 from 4, then some games where I literally can't score for sh*t. I either hit the post or my finesse shots go close to the keeper for an easy save. Scripting? yeah maybe. Anyway, I seem to find it inconsistent.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 1 year ago

Not sure about the keepers.. I have the same experience at times, they can be awful, then another game my keeper will literally keep me in the game in MyClub... I think the thing about the players out of position in MyClub probably has to do with the team spirit or whatever it is called. I have noticed that since mine hit the 70+ mark my team has worked a lot better.

As for online it has been a mixed bag at times. Sometimes it is like offline and fluid other times it is a laggy delayed mess. In 2016 this really should not be happening. Along with the goalkeepers these are the two components that need the most work for next year. New and improved servers on FIFAs level and much much much better goalkeepers for all modes. Yes if I have a 60 rated keeper in goal I expect him to mess up every now and then. If however I have Khan in goal I expect him to make hardly any mistakes and be beaten only when realistic. Yes keepers should make the odd howler to keep it realistic, but not just because the animations and programming means they aren't to the level they should be. How my 78 rated keeper occasionally does so well and then has a stinker the next game baffles me..

As for the through balls, this has been an issue since PES 2013 for me when 90% of the player base spent 90 minutes pumping high through balls to Van Der Mirch and Hulk with the accuracy of a heat seeker missile. It didn't seem such a problem in 2014 and 2015, however I have noticed it is becoming prevalent again. Basically they need to either nerf the pass assist on through balls or remove assist all together. Personally I would like to see only unassisted or level one assist online, alas it will probably never happen but we can only hope..

My big gripe at the moment though is this, I have Cristiano Ronaldo in my team, he is never off form, always orange pretty much. He can not do anything. I swear his touch and his movement is just awful. With him up top and Figo in the SS role I should be creating so many opportunities but he is truly useless. I find this with a lot of the highly skilled players, Sanchez for example. They have excellent dribbling stats but their actual ability to beat a man is not great. My opponents seem to be able to do it with lesser players, I don't think I am particularly bad at the game and in offline modes I can beat friends and CPU, but in MyClub, not a chance. Would like to see those players with higher dribbling stats actually feel like a force, let me use the skills at the right time and beat a player, at the moment, very few of the tricks are particularly useful because they kill your momentum. Other than the rainbow flick which everyone uses online and should be either far more stat based to pull off or just removed all together as it just feels cheap when someone does it.

Anyways, I generally enjoy the game. Offline in Master League or Legend mode it is superb, just wish they could find a way to bring that feeling online. Superstar AI added to online player vs player and more fouls and it would basically be a perfect game (with the improved servers!)
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Shales

ukexplicit1984 wrote:Not sure about the keepers.. I have the same experience at times, they can be awful, then another game my keeper will literally keep me in the game in MyClub... I think the thing about the players out of position in MyClub probably has to do with the team spirit or whatever it is called. I have noticed that since mine hit the 70+ mark my team has worked a lot better.

As for online it has been a mixed bag at times. Sometimes it is like offline and fluid other times it is a laggy delayed mess. In 2016 this really should not be happening. Along with the goalkeepers these are the two components that need the most work for next year. New and improved servers on FIFAs level and much much much better goalkeepers for all modes. Yes if I have a 60 rated keeper in goal I expect him to mess up every now and then. If however I have Khan in goal I expect him to make hardly any mistakes and be beaten only when realistic. Yes keepers should make the odd howler to keep it realistic, but not just because the animations and programming means they aren't to the level they should be. How my 78 rated keeper occasionally does so well and then has a stinker the next game baffles me..

As for the through balls, this has been an issue since PES 2013 for me when 90% of the player base spent 90 minutes pumping high through balls to Van Der Mirch and Hulk with the accuracy of a heat seeker missile. It didn't seem such a problem in 2014 and 2015, however I have noticed it is becoming prevalent again. Basically they need to either nerf the pass assist on through balls or remove assist all together. Personally I would like to see only unassisted or level one assist online, alas it will probably never happen but we can only hope..

My big gripe at the moment though is this, I have Cristiano Ronaldo in my team, he is never off form, always orange pretty much. He can not do anything. I swear his touch and his movement is just awful. With him up top and Figo in the SS role I should be creating so many opportunities but he is truly useless. I find this with a lot of the highly skilled players, Sanchez for example. They have excellent dribbling stats but their actual ability to beat a man is not great. My opponents seem to be able to do it with lesser players, I don't think I am particularly bad at the game and in offline modes I can beat friends and CPU, but in MyClub, not a chance. Would like to see those players with higher dribbling stats actually feel like a force, let me use the skills at the right time and beat a player, at the moment, very few of the tricks are particularly useful because they kill your momentum. Other than the rainbow flick which everyone uses online and should be either far more stat based to pull off or just removed all together as it just feels cheap when someone does it.

Anyways, I generally enjoy the game. Offline in Master League or Legend mode it is superb, just wish they could find a way to bring that feeling online. Superstar AI added to online player vs player and more fouls and it would basically be a perfect game (with the improved servers!)
Totally get what you say about Ronaldo. This happens to me every now and then. Not with Ronaldo as I don't have him but other high quality players. I get totally outplayed by teams with much lower TS and lesser players. My players seem to have super heavy touches, lose the ability to first time pass, and then sometimes unable to clear the ball because it takes them 3 seconds to actually kick it. I can only put this down to connection issues though as it doesn't happen all the time. When I get these games, I'll literally take anything I can from them. I'll take a dirty win, or draw.

My TS is usually in the 90's and I agree that my players are usually solid in their positions. I did play one guy though who had 3 very pacey forwards who was able to thru ball them constantly and my defenders, who were man marking, were 2 yards behind them, totally dead and buried. I am always dubious about these players and teams. The chap was rated about 700 so I know he was going to be decent. Still though, I didn't expect my defence to just fall apart around him. I can handle that his forward were much quicker than my defenders, but the initial gap between my players compared to his was just too much. It's just like they stand still for a second.

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Totally agree with all above. If your GK is rated low then yes of course he will make mistakes, let in easy goals, parry a lot. I played someone who had Khan and he was horrendous all he did was parry shots, never caught the ball, was beaten with very little power. It looked like he had led legs. The keepers are shocking and incredibly inconsistent but they really don't seem to care. It's the worst bit of the game for me makes it far to easy to score, single player is massively boring but then you go online and it plays like its completely different. Players are slower, there's a delay in most things, keepers hahaha I won't even go there online. They need new animations there all the same, they all make the same saves. They need far more individuality. There's no shame in copying as aspect of another game, EA have it spot on this year with keepers. They make incredible saves yet the odd mistake but you can still score great goals. They just fail a lot on other parts of the game. They need to get rid of that stupid unrealistic superman kind of dive that every keepers does and hangs in the air. Time for motion captured keepers surely, there Definetly not motion capture otherwise they'd dive full length which they don't seem to do. Come on Konami.
As for through balls on single player there great there's a skill to them but online there a disgrace, literally every single chip through ball has your striker clean through. All people do online is foul and chip through ball. Online it's the worst football game I've ever played.
Refs on 2015 booked you for every single foul which was annoying but 2016 you get away with murder. They need balancing out, understandable it might be a hard aspect to fix
Last edited by Kingjames84 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cartman84
Reserve
Reserve

Post by cartman84 » 1 year ago

Not even gonna get started on keepers I have Handanovic in myclub who is now an 87 and he is a disgrace.
The amount of time FIFA spend improving ultimate team is the amount of time Konami should to improve my club. The GP you get is now where near enough because contracts are outrageous. I played 5 games the other night won them all and still hardly hardly any GP for an agent cause in contracts. They either need to up the contract length, give more GP or make contract prices less. One thing they could do is everytine you open a 10k agent you should get the player plus a contract with them that you can use on any player. 10k and all you get is one player is an absolute joke. Should be a player plus at least one contract ticket. If they did this just for 10k agents then be miles better.
If you have 2-4 players out of contract is best part of 7k it's ridiculous. I will not put cash in the game, did this to much with precious ultimate teams but this mode is going down that road.

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

New agent 'Nike endorsed players' haha Jesus. They love a surprise don't they. TOTY nowhere to be seen and ultimate team had them out the same night. Absolutely Laughable these guys, Laughable. What's next 'under armour endorsed players'

Shales

Kingjames84 wrote:New agent 'Nike endorsed players' haha Jesus. They love a surprise don't they. TOTY nowhere to be seen and ultimate team had them out the same night. Absolutely Laughable these guys, Laughable. What's next 'under armour endorsed players'
Yeah this is terrible. How do you not jump on the TOTY wagon?? Granted it's a small team at Konami but surely you do as much as you can before the XI is announced. Then you've still got a few days to get the rest done. I am sure it will be next week. PES is always late to the party.

TBH though, I personally don't really care about the TOTY. If they give us a guaranteed player then yeah I am all over it. But having these players in the usual "pool" of players just feels like another regular Agent. Fifa admittedly to a great job of glossing them up and makes them feel a bit more special. In PES, a TOTY Neymar is just going to be exactly the same as my day 1 edition Neymar, or standard Agent Neymar. I think PES could do with improving on things like this in their own way. Maybe give these player a special pair of boots or something? That actually would be pretty good.

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Shales wrote:
Kingjames84 wrote:New agent 'Nike endorsed players' haha Jesus. They love a surprise don't they. TOTY nowhere to be seen and ultimate team had them out the same night. Absolutely Laughable these guys, Laughable. What's next 'under armour endorsed players'
Yeah this is terrible. How do you not jump on the TOTY wagon?? Granted it's a small team at Konami but surely you do as much as you can before the XI is announced. Then you've still got a few days to get the rest done. I am sure it will be next week. PES is always late to the party.

TBH though, I personally don't really care about the TOTY. If they give us a guaranteed player then yeah I am all over it. But having these players in the usual "pool" of players just feels like another regular Agent. Fifa admittedly to a great job of glossing them up and makes them feel a bit more special. In PES, a TOTY Neymar is just going to be exactly the same as my day 1 edition Neymar, or standard Agent Neymar. I think PES could do with improving on things like this in their own way. Maybe give these player a special pair of boots or something? That actually would be pretty good.
Absolutely agree. TOTY Neymar in say Ultimate team is far better than normal card. TOTY Neymar in myclub would be just the same. They need to do something with the toty players to make them stand out. Maybe start there level higher than the normal card by 1 or 2. Or maybe if you get a team of the year player then he has unlimited contracts so u never have to renew. I think a different pair of boots would just be a kip out really u need something worthwhile otherwise there is no point. They are miles and miles behind ultimate team unfortunately but true.

Shales

Kingjames84 wrote:
Shales wrote:

Absolutely agree. TOTY Neymar in say Ultimate team is far better than normal card. TOTY Neymar in myclub would be just the same. They need to do something with the toty players to make them stand out. Maybe start there level higher than the normal card by 1 or 2. Or maybe if you get a team of the year player then he has unlimited contracts so u never have to renew. I think a different pair of boots would just be a kip out really u need something worthwhile otherwise there is no point. They are miles and miles behind ultimate team unfortunately but true.
Perhaps then there should be a leveling cap on the "normal" players and TOTY players have no limits. Yes true, my boots idea would be a kop out but I'd still take it if they done nothing else. I don't want myClub to become Ultimate Team at all, so hopefully it brings something in that's unique. I love the leveling up.