PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 1 year ago

I think they need to start looking to Ultimate Team though a bit more.. Everything in that tends to be so slick and well done, MyClub can feel a bit of a mess. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact I can setup tactics (although limited by manager) and the such like, but things like player purchases and the game modes all feel a bit thrown together at times.. Would love to see them take a little more from Ultimate Teams production values perhaps. It will never be as good in that regard as they probably can not use real likenesses like EA do with the cards. But improving the presentation and general user friendliness would be a step in the right direction. I mean, you have the squad menu, game plan menu, squad list. You are constantly jumping around screens and there is no real need..

As for getting players, I agree with the people above, the contract situation is silly and is clearly a push for players to pump some real money in to take some of the hassle out of it. If it hadn't have been for all the bonuses and the such from the day one I wouldn't have the players I have now as I would have been too busy replacing contracts. Despite its faults, Ultimate Team has the right idea with the 3 players and a selection of stuff. I know thats not ideal for MyClub, but I wouldn't be adverse to 10000 GP getting you 3 players and 3-4 contracts and trainers perhaps. It always feels like you work pretty hard to get the 10000 GP for a player and you can't help but feel let down when it turns out to be another no mark 75 rated CB... A few players per purchase would be nice, you will perhaps get a position you need and it will allow people to build squads they can rotate a bit. At the moment my squad list is full of CB's while I have about 3 CFs and only 1 dedicated LMF. Although I guess, if they did that they would need some more players in the mix, would love to see a similar level of players as UT has.

As for TOTY I can take it or leave it, as I said earlier, I don't think it matters all that much who you have up to a point. My Cristiano Ronaldo can not do anything. Played a game earlier and he is currently on red form, fully fit. His first touches were atrocious, he took forever to turn and everytime I got him through down the wing or one on one he was caught up or over cooked his first touch. There was one moment I dinked a ball in for him, he went to take it on the thigh at relatively slow speed and his control attempt shot off 10 feet in front of him to the keeper. I like to think the real Cristiano Ronaldo (as we all know there is only one true "Ronaldo" so he always gets called Cristiano!) would have sensed the names I was calling him! Had to renew his contract today, the price he cost me and the success I have had with him I nearly didn't bother...
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 1 year ago

I wonder if all the youtube Fifa people who jumped ship from Fifa to PES around release time have now all gone back to Fifa? I bet they have. What a diabolical state football games are in right now.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

cartman84
Amateur
Amateur

Post by cartman84 » 1 year ago

Full agree. Players should come with at least a couple of contract tickets of something like that. A whole 10k on one ball and u get one player and he's normally bobbins as well. Then your right back to start. 8k on contracts tonight so I have no GP left. Contracts miles to expensive and not long enough. 10k should get u one player, 1 contract ticket and 1 stamina ticket minimum. They look like they have made it so u have no option but to buy myclub coins which I won't do. And online is a disgrace. Felt sorry for a guy last night I beat him 4-3 his defence was all over the show, looked like everything was delayed it was a shocking game online is no where near single player. It's 2016 they need to put more work in online. Single player gets to boring. Ea spend loads of time on there online modes no wonder people play that. Took me 15 minutes to find a myclub game today. Absolutely embarrassing. Such a shame as well because single player is brilliant. Keepers and chipped/normal through balls need work maybe tweak shooting but the core of the game is a winner. Massively let down by online.

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingjames84 » 1 year ago

Will not be buying this game next year if keepers stay the same. 2016 and they don't montion capture the keepers. They all dive the same, never at full stretch, same
Animations, same goals go in. I have Khan now but I might as well have my mum in net. He saves nothing online absolute nothing, shots role past him it's embarrassing. They need to copy FIFA keepers which this near make ridiculous saves there great. Myclub overhaul as well, it could be such a great mode but won't be because they only care about single player. Reminds me of an rpg game sometimes.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

Kingjames84 wrote:they only care about single player..
See I keep reading this but I don't see it myself...I mean ML was becoming more basic with each and every release up until 2016. Whenever I turn the game on I'm bombarded by messages of little online fixes yet major flaws offline (broken fatigue system, lack of injuries, unbalanced day/night games) aren't addressed. Also online had the live updates in place whilst the data pack debacle carried on for months.

I'm not saying online isn't neglected or without it's problems but it seems to be the case that Konami just down tools once the game is released. They'll keep MyClub running with minimum effort though as it's obviously a good money spinner for them...hence them releasing free to play version.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

tigerwalms wrote:I wonder if all the youtube Fifa people who jumped ship from Fifa to PES around release time have now all gone back to Fifa? I bet they have. What a diabolical state football games are in right now.
That's probably the case. Certainly a large number. From what ive picked up, the recent FIFA patches have converted the gameplay back to how FIFA 15 played. FIFA 16 supposedly was more "sim" than it's ever been. Now it's back to the high tempo style that everyone seemed to love.

As mentioned in the WENB podcast recently, it will be interesting to see what direction both games go next year. Gameplay wise, both seem to roughly offer the same style now, so the it's in PES's best interest to change up.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

tigerwalms wrote:I wonder if all the youtube Fifa people who jumped ship from Fifa to PES around release time have now all gone back to Fifa? I bet they have.
Assuming most, if not all, of them have, I just hope they're still appreciative towards their 'money-can't-buy' PES gift packs that they were given to celebrate the series' 20th anniversary... despite the fact that they'd spent the last half-decade or so taking the piss out of PES and Konami. :/
Shales wrote:it will be interesting to see what direction both games go next year. Gameplay wise, both seem to roughly offer the same style now, so the it's in PES's best interest to change up.
I know it's not directly related to gameplay, but I'd love to see an overhaul for the players database. From stats and appearances to creating players and correcting squad numbers, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

I'm desperate to see weekly stat updates too (no way should Bellerin still be down as a 72-rated RB).
✅ 🐦 💟

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingjames84 » 1 year ago

This week its Adidas players, the mind boggles. This game is going nowhere, who are these people, who on earth comes up with these ideas. FUT light years ahead unfortunately

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

Mike wrote:I'm desperate to see weekly stat updates too (no way should Bellerin still be down as a 72-rated RB).
Maybe not touch his speed stats though. I got him in on loan for my ML team just as cover...all you need to do is push him wide, give him the ball and he can get all the way down the line and round the back almost every time. If I bring him on in the second half when the other team are tired it's like a scene for Forrest Gump.

Shales

Mike wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:I wonder if all the youtube Fifa people who jumped ship from Fifa to PES around release time have now all gone back to Fifa? I bet they have.
Assuming most, if not all, of them have, I just hope they're still appreciative towards their 'money-can't-buy' PES gift packs that they were given to celebrate the series' 20th anniversary... despite the fact that they'd spent the last half-decade or so taking the piss out of PES and Konami. :/
Shales wrote:it will be interesting to see what direction both games go next year. Gameplay wise, both seem to roughly offer the same style now, so the it's in PES's best interest to change up.
I know it's not directly related to gameplay, but I'd love to see an overhaul for the players database. From stats and appearances to creating players and correcting squad numbers, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

I'm desperate to see weekly stat updates too (no way should Bellerin still be down as a 72-rated RB).
We all know that the FIFA youtubers probably barely opened their Konami package. The only time they will ever come out is if they are continued to be invited to PES events. At least I've seen PESEP rocking his hoody in quite a few of his Twitter thumbnails. Konami will get buried by EA if they try and snatch players. They just need to produce a "top" game and the players will find their way over if they like it. Free to play is hopefully the way forward. Not licking youtubers asses.

Shales

Kingjames84 wrote:This week its Adidas players, the mind boggles. This game is going nowhere, who are these people, who on earth comes up with these ideas. FUT light years ahead unfortunately
We will have the "Gola" agent before TOTY ; )

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Shales wrote: We will have the "Gola" agent before TOTY
Close one! Although I'd have gone with Puma first! ;)

By the way, Adam Bhatti is on Five Live tonight. Recorded last night at the National Football Museum in Manchester, he (plus others) talk football gaming with Dan Walker in The Beautiful Gamers: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06zj2km

The show starts at 7:30pm this evening (UK time) and a catchup service should be available soon after it has aired.
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

Mike wrote: Shales wrote:
Source of the post We will have the "Gola" agent before TOTY

Close one! Although I'd have gone with Puma first!
Just experimenting with quick quote ^ (y)

Still can't get my head around why TOTY hasn't been used yet. I haven't played PES for weeks now. When I've been in this situation before, a good agent has always lured me back in. I haven't fancied any of the last 3 or 4.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Shales wrote: Still can't get my head around why TOTY hasn't been used yet. I haven't played PES for weeks now. When I've been in this situation before, a good agent has always lured me back in. I haven't fancied any of the last 3 or 4.
I'm surprised they didn't jump straight in with the UEFA TOTY. I know the current Milan Derby campaign has a better Black Ball % than the Adidas/Nike campaigns, but I think I'll hold on to my GP for another week - spending 10,000GP on a Special Agent and ending up with a Silver player isn't my cup of tea! :-D
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

My lack of PES in recent weeks has made me forget about the upcoming DP containing the Jan Transfers. Considering I'm the first to mention the Jan Transfer update on here kind of shows the situation PES is in right now. Have we all had enough of it right now?

Anyway, so remember the fiasco with the first data pack? Well, this is the first one since, so basically it's massive for the future of PES. We get to find out if any changes were made behind the scenes. When will it be released? It should be released ASAP. They can update the rosters weekly, so no reason why we can't have the DP ASAP. My guess would be we will get the DP in a couple of weeks with new boots, balls etc., the usual. Is that good enough? No not for me. I don't need to survey 100 people about what we want. We all want transfers ASAP, not delayed with boots n balls added in. Those extras could come later. I saw Neymar recently advertising his new boots so I expect they are on the PES horizon.

Hope Konami know that this DP release is massive. Certainly for me.