PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

Shales wrote: Considering I'm the first to mention the Jan Transfer update on here kind of shows the situation PES is in right now. Have we all had enough of it right now?
I'm still playing daily, with most of my time being put into Edit mode, myClub and Exhibition matches. Not playing any ML at the moment, so until Data Pack 3 is out, I expect I'll be happy enough playing with Live Update squads (albeit without my accessories, stat changes and updated line-ups).

Speaking of DP3, I wouldn't get your hopes up for an earlier release. Reading this tweet from Adam Bhatti, offline transfers won't be updated until around late-Feb/early-March.
Shales wrote: My guess would be we will get the DP in a couple of weeks with new boots, balls etc.
Don't forget Dinamo Zagreb! ;)

✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Cheers for linking that tweet. Hmmmm, disappointing. Noticed the tweet further on in the conversation stating that this will change going forward. Right now I can't see that happening.

Dinamo Zagreb? Didn't know that. Seems strange to add a team in half way through the game's cycle.

I guess the only debate now then is if the DP contains "all" the transfers or not!
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

I've been hammering ML lately so I'd not really thought about the update to be honest. I wonder when we're going to hear something concrete about the Euro DLC though.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Shales wrote: Noticed the tweet further on in the conversation stating that this will change going forward. Right now I can't see that happening.
Even if the changes don't come in until PES 2017, which I assume will be the case, I guess that's better than nothing.

It's clear the players database (transfers/stats/OVRs/updates/etc) has lots of room for improvement, but I can also accept that it may not be so straightforward to make the necessary changes right now - not until the next version is released anyway.
✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 1 year ago

So I was mucking about on Steam last night and noticed that My Club has been released as a standalone free game. Interesting, obviously I downloaded it seen as I never bought this years game after trying the demo.

25 minutes into my first game and I remembered everything gameplay wise. Sluggish responce, crap keepers, on rails passing blah blah etc etc... The gameplay is garbage, I assume a few of you have figured this out by now.

However, it's interesting that they've decided to go this route. Is this how they are going to release it on PC from now on - as a free to play game? Does the amount they rake in on in-game transactions actually dwarf that which they get from selling the game itself? I don't know the answers to this but it would suggest so.

I will be giving this a positive review. I mean don't get me wrong, the game is rubbish, however at the price of zero pence then that's great value for money and more inline with what the product is worth. So I won't be playing it as it's no fun, but thumbs up Konami I guess. :-)
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 1 year ago

tigerwalms wrote: So I was mucking about on Steam last night and noticed that My Club has been released as a standalone free game. Interesting, obviously I downloaded it seen as I never bought this years game after trying the demo.

25 minutes into my first game and I remembered everything gameplay wise. Sluggish responce, crap keepers, on rails passing blah blah etc etc... The gameplay is garbage, I assume a few of you have figured this out by now.

However, it's interesting that they've decided to go this route. Is this how they are going to release it on PC from now on - as a free to play game? Does the amount they rake in on in-game transactions actually dwarf that which they get from selling the game itself? I don't know the answers to this but it would suggest so.

I will be giving this a positive review. I mean don't get me wrong, the game is rubbish, however at the price of zero pence then that's great value for money and more inline with what the product is worth. So I won't be playing it as it's no fun, but thumbs up Konami I guess. :-)
Couldn't disagree more I am afraid. The game can be good online, its just far too dependent on the opponent having as good connection. They need to do what ever FIFA do with their online and make it rock solid. The actual gameplay is fantastic, more so offline for me with friends round. Don't get me wrong, there are frustrations and I have thought for ages the keepers need sorting out. However, to dismiss it as garbage is wrong. It is a great football game, far better than the competition and far better than anything else in recent years. Offline it is probably my favorite PES of all time and that is going from from the first ISS on the PS1 (although the first Pro Evo will always have a special place in my heart!). Yes certain things need to be fixed, but I have not regretted the day one purchase and I have not regretted getting it instead of FIFA. With friends over, a few beers and a little tourney going, it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

So what do we all think about the upcoming EURO 2016 content?

For me, the fact that the DLC will be free is a great start. And although I would have liked to see more stadiums added - not just the Stade de France - I'm pretty happy with the licensed teams list, assuming kits for the unlicensed ones (Belgium, Russia, Sweden, etc) will transfer over from Edit mode.
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

As a 360 user using Daymos files I'm pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Aside from the Stade de France I don't think there's anything else that can't already be sorted with the editor/mod file. That is assuming there isn't a new game mode that they've yet to announce.

Obviously I'm not turning my nose up at a free update, but I do wonder why they bothered getting the license if they weren't going to put it to better use.

Mike
Founder
Founder

itstroff wrote: Obviously I'm not turning my nose up at a free update, but I do wonder why they bothered getting the license if they weren't going to put it to better use.
Although I'm still excited for the DLC but I can appreciate where you (and others) are coming from.

Of course, we know very little of what goes on behind the scenes but I can imagine licensing is one of, if not the, most complicated tasks when it comes to making a football game (creation time, costs, negotiations, restrictions, etc). Saying that, I do understand the frustration - especially when you realise the official game of EURO 2016 will feature just one stadium from the tournament.

But like I say, I'm still looking forward to March 24. For years, I've been watching my friends enjoy both a real and virtual World Cup / European Championships, whereas I've been left in the dark. But finally, that all changes this year! 8-)
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Mike wrote:Of course, we know very little of what goes on behind the scenes but I can imagine licensing is one of, if not the, most complicated tasks when it comes to making a football game
Very true, though new grounds aside it's probably one of the easier things to implement. I can imagine the decision to make it a free download possibly limited the scope of what they were going to add as well.

In reality though we're only technically getting a bunch of image files and updated text...which is something we should already be able to take care of using the edit mode. For me if they're going to pay money for the license then they may as well make a properly featured mode with new grounds, commentary etc. If not then put the money towards solving the edit/share problem....and fix player select too.

Mike
Founder
Founder

itstroff wrote: If not then put the money towards solving the edit/share problem.
Considering how well the tests went during the pre-release of PES 2016, I'm hopeful (utterly desperate! :twisted:) that Konami will work something out in time for PES 2017.

Speaking of which, when asked about the lateness of the January transfers update, Adam Bhatti tweeted an interesting reply:
As we said, we will create new systems for future iterations. Transfers are now live via live updates. Thanks
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

I've seen some interesting comments around the internet over the last week with regards to the Euro DLC. What's to stop someone who doesn't own PES2016 going out now and finding a 2nd hand copy of PES2016 and then getting the DLC for free? I haven't seen a unit price for the Euro/PES edition, but I am guessing they can't charge any more than say £20 for it. Otherwise, you'd surely only buy the Euro edition for a collectors piece. I know you get a bit of myClub bits with it but I'd still probably hunt around for a 2nd hand copy if I was a fringe PES player, or a total new comer.

Regarding licenses, it's been mentioned above (and everywhere else) that as an official licensed game, 15 teams and 1 stadium is disappointing. There isn't much Konami can do about that so I think that pretty much meets expectation for the Hardcore PES fans/players. I can say that it meets my expectation if I am being realistic. I agree with other comments I've seen from others that it will be shock for a newcomer to pick the game off the shelf and find out it's only partially complete with licenses. I expect the licensed content will be detailed on the packaging somewhere but it's not like it's going to be plastered over the front cover. Konami will get backlash over it, but they will be already expecting that.

Staying on the license topic, for me, the frustrating part over the years has been the gain some, lose some inconsistancy. Everyone knows that PES has less of the share which we kind of all accept, but for 2016, only having 5 Euro NTs is poor. I don't know if the likes of England, Wales etc are just part of the Euro License package or if they are staying around for 2017 and beyond. If these aren't part of the package, and Konami have obtained these individually, then there really is no excuse not to have these going forward and asks a question why PES didn't have them in 2015 and 2016.

I have recently started playing PES2016 again after leaving it alone for nearly 2 months. I decided to give manual passing and manual shooting a go. It honestly feels like a brand new game! It brings a lot more freedom out of the gameplay. For a start, the days of ping pong passing are over. For me, knocking the ball around like that was completely unrewarding and at time it felt like you weren't even playing the game. Manual passing also brings out more 'deft' touches, like little knock downs. These weren't possible before as even if you applied minimum power on the pass bar, it still shot off too far. Shooting is also a lot better once you are used to it. It also brings out more variation to the gameplay. You can hit powerful shots that stay low to the ground, something that couldn't be done with assisted shooting. I am even seeing different saves from the keepers as the ball is no longer guided to the corners of the goals. I have to say though that the shot power on manual is totally ridiculous at times. That's something that I hope gets addressed in 2017. I urge anyone who is a bit bored of PES to give manual a go. It will honestly feel like a new game. If anyone does give it a go, and is on PS4, add me on PSN for a manual game. PES needs more manual players (y)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Shales wrote: I haven't seen a unit price for the Euro/PES edition, but I am guessing they can't charge any more than say £20 for it.
Can't recall the exact website but I remember seeing it listed for around £18. Which I think is quite fair, and probably not far away from a pre-owned copy of PES 2016.
Shales wrote: I don't know if the likes of England, Wales etc are just part of the Euro License package or if they are staying around for 2017 and beyond.
I hope they'll all stick around. As you know, I'm a total sucker for preset faces, so I'd be gutted if NTs like Croatia, Turkey and Ukraine were to lose their faces for PES 2017.
✅ 🐦 💟

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 1 year ago

any news about DLC 3 (transfers/stats/faces for clubs)???

only hearing about the EURO DLC so far...

it's already overdue for a (very) long time. but as KONAMI has said nothing official yet and AB only refering to live updates or not responding at all I fear the worst (especially after the summer transfer disaster)...

Shales

floriank90 wrote: any news about DLC 3 (transfers/stats/faces for clubs)???

only hearing about the EURO DLC so far...

it's already overdue for a (very) long time. but as KONAMI has said nothing official yet and AB only refering to live updates or not responding at all I fear the worst (especially after the summer transfer disaster)...
Think it's safe to assume the Jan update DLC will be rolled out along with the Euro DLC. Konami do like to save content up and release in one go. The Euro DLC press release did say that 100s of new faces will be added. You've got to assume that's the usual January DLC element of it.