📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: New Cover Star Revealed + Teaser Trailer Released!

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

songoku wrote:Will PES 2016 on PC be full next gen like on XOne & PS4?
We might find out later today maybe, as it's day 1 of E3. I expect there will be a bit a news in the interviews. I expect it to be a popular question. If I had to guess I'd say it might be the same as last year. Already it seems the main focus is on PS4 again, as the PS has all the exclusive pre-order content. Who knows though...

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Shales

What did everyone make of the Trailer then?

In general I am excited for 2016. The key points I noticed from the trailer were;

- The shadows on the pitch don't seem half as bad
- Liking the new collision animations. animations in general look a lot smoother
- The new celebration options weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. I was expecting a FIFA style jizz fest but Konami have kept it non jizzy
- Wasn't too keen on the Master League presentation. Looked a bit kiddish, but won't put me off.
- When Tevez and Neymar were doing their flick n tricks, the ball sometimes looked glued to them as if the player and ball were "one" object.
- The crowd looked a lot better, but the same old Banners were present again : (

Looking forward to some gameplay footage later tonight. Eager to see if the Set Piece lines are in again. I expect they are because we've not heard anything about them. Also keen to see what teams are availible in the E3 code.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

It just looked like PES2015 to me from the gameplay trailer I saw. Same poor keeping, same poor shadows, same poor net physics, same on-rails look. As far as I can tell it's PES2015 with tweaked collision system. And I assume PC players will still be given the middle finger by Konami. Will have to see what else is revealed later but not much there to inspire much reaction from me thus far.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

Post by pesfanneedhelp » 4 years ago

pople making positive and negative assumptions on a teaser trailer that shows no real gameplay.

lolz

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

pesfanneedhelp wrote:pople making positive and negative assumptions on a teaser trailer that shows no real gameplay.

lolz
There were two trailers, one was a teaser, the other showed a lot more such as actual gameplay and the improvements they have made. There was a full press release detailing where the improvements are. In addition to this there was also an early gameplay trailer released by IGN, which showed a few minutes of gameplay. Certainly enough to comment on.

'lolz'.

Shales

pesfanneedhelp wrote:pople making positive and negative assumptions on a teaser trailer that shows no real gameplay.

lolz
And there isn't anything wrong with commenting on what you have seen so far. It's hardly a final verdict. You can only talk about what you have in front of you.

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

it aint real gameplay if it switches to a up close directed shot at the pivitol moment(e.g tevez goal). that can make anything look like it works.

also they can say all the improvements they are making but they do that every year, how can anyone say yes this is great or this bad right now? remember HEART?

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

pesfanneedhelp wrote:it aint real gameplay if it switches to a up close directed shot at the pivitol moment(e.g tevez goal). that can make anything look like it works.

also they can say all the improvements they are making but they do that every year, how can anyone say yes this is great or this bad right now? remember HEART?
The IGN video had full gameplay. Also, nobody has said what it is or isn't but are merely discussing it as, shockingly, is the point of a forum.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:Also, nobody has said what it is or isn't but are merely discussing it as, shockingly, is the point of a forum.
Hear, hear! This section isn't even a week old yet, so let's make sure we stay on track and continue our good start. :-)

Speaking of which, we've got new impressions coming later today:
@AdamBhatti wrote:Press impressions from my EU tour a few weeks ago should drop this afternoon. Also no embargo for when press see the game today #PES2016
✅ 🐦 💟

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

pes is amazing. 100% amazing

maybe this post wont be deleted...

Mike
Founder
Founder

pesfanneedhelp wrote:pes is amazing. 100% amazing

maybe this post wont be deleted...
If it's your opinion, you are totally free to criticize PES. I have absolutely no problem with that. Just ask my good friend tigerwalms! :-)

But, as the proud owner of this site, I will have to remove all posts that are detrimental to the well-being of our community. If you think it's OK to name-call and shoot down other users just because their opinions differ from your own, then maybe OPE isn't the place for you.

If you still have any issues or just want to chat, feel free to PM me. As for this thread, let's move on from this and get back on track. Thank you.
✅ 🐦 💟

cartman84
Reserve
Reserve

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by cartman84 » 4 years ago

If EA can get all there sports games running at 1080p on both consoles then there is no excuse for Konami not to have it running the same on both? Either that or they favour Sony

cartman84
Reserve
Reserve

Post by cartman84 » 4 years ago

I really hope that IGN video is very early code. Graphics no where near that of the trailer and the keeping looked terrible and that was Neuer. Really need more individuality keepers and lots more animations

Mike
Founder
Founder

cartman84 wrote:I really hope that IGN video is very early code. Graphics no where near that of the trailer and the keeping looked terrible and that was Neuer. Really need more individuality keepers and lots more animations
Adam Bhatti has confirmed the E3 code is newer than what was shown in the IGN gameplay video.

Not sure on %s (I know not everyone is into that sort of thing :? ) but he also says Konami are 'nowhere near' the polishing off stage' and 'visuals will get better and better' as launch day gets closer.

Although I'm sure you still have your doubts, right now I think the best plan of action is to wait for the impressions from the people who at E3 playing the game. I'm heading to bed shortly (it's almost 11pm in the UK) but I'm sure people will start blogging/posting/tweeting their opinions soon. :-)
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales

So far, Pes2016 is getting very positives comments at E3 it seems. I watched the IGN video/interview with Adam and there were some great improvements for me. Firstly, I heard that the footage was a human v human game, with the guy losing 4-0 being not that great, hence the huge holes in the defence. The game speed seemed quicker, however I think this is down to the fact that the first touch has been vastly improved. The first touch was quite poor in 2015, with the ball being stuck in feet for too long.

The visuals have improved for me aswell. Not massively but I like the improvement. I watched a video from 2015 and to me the improvement is clear. Baring in mind you always lose a bit of quality when watching youtube vids etc. The grass is better with adds to the improved visuals. I am eager to see if standard of the faces for non pre set players have been improved. Last year there was such a big gap between the quality of pre set and non pre set. Hopefully we'll see some faces soon.

Adam stated that the game feels more "alive" with off the ball movement and you can clearly see that. Players are intelligently moving around everywhere, moving into space and running beyond the defenders. Happy to see that.

In the video it looked like the keeper (Neuer) couldn't save anyhting! But there is supposedly improvement in the new code at E3. Disappointed to see the set piece lines are still in. That's a bit of a bummer but hey-ho. The lighting looked too dark when it was raining but I like the look of the weather effects. The water splashes don't look that great but I think that could be down to the video quality. The ball certainly looks great skidding off the surface. I hope there is going to be various levels of the serverity of the rain. Hope it doesn't go from clear to full on downpours.

And also the import image function for PS4 is big for me!

Mainly happy with what I have seen so far.