📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
Shales wrote:
Mike wrote:Well, I think that may make things more difficult than usual. :?
What do you mean by this Mike? I haven't touched anything since DP1, not even base copied out the likes of Gerrard, Xavi etc.
It's the highlighted sentence that has me a little concerned.
We confirmed that applying DP1.0 causes overwriting of the edited data of player appearances (Face, Hairstyle and Physique).

The customers who want to keep using the edit data created before applying DP1.0, can salvage the data when DP2.0 is released.
Please do not delete the [Backup Edit Data] that is made up when applying DP1.0 and is necessary for salvaging.

Please avoid editing data before applying DP2.0, because the edited data that created after applying DP1.0 will be deleted when DP2.0 is applied.

*We will inform how to salvage the edit data in a later announcement.
*DP2.0 is scheduled to release within this year.
Will this be the case for everyone, or is it only for those who want to salvage their edits (i.e. created teams) that were reset by DP1?

As usual, we'll probably just have to play it by ear. For those wondering, Paul2478 has been in touch and regarding backing up preset faces before they're deleted, he's got a few tests lined up, results of which should let everyone know what to do come next week. :-)
Ah ok, thanks. Sadly my work interent blocks out a lot of sites, especially those that are classed as "Games", like the link above.

I kind of worked out what you meant. It's a , "How can we keep the likes of Gerrard, Xavi etc because DP2 will just delete the base copies in the Edit Player section"

Is there a way of deleting DPs?


XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: London
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Shales wrote: kind of worked out what you meant. It's a , "How can we keep the likes of Gerrard, Xavi etc because DP2 will just delete the base copies in the Edit Player section"
Exactly. Not that it definitely will but for someone who's made almost 30 teams from scratch, I want to make sure I know all the facts before I update! :-D
Shales wrote:Is there a way of deleting DPs?
On PS4, yes. But if you do, I'm sure you are forced to delete all Data Packs - unlike the good old days on Xbox 360 where you could remove them individually.

Hopefully it won't come to this though. Again, before downloading DP2, I suggest waiting until Paul has completed his tests.
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by tigerwalms » 3 years ago

Just had a quick skim through this thread. Looks like things are going as I expected. It's quite funny how every year Konami manage to make bigger mistakes and gaffs than they did the previous year. I swear they're doing it on purpose just to troll you all. :-D
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:Just had a quick skim through this thread. Looks like things are going as I expected. It's quite funny how every year Konami manage to make bigger mistakes and gaffs than they did the previous year. I swear they're doing it on purpose just to troll you all. :-D
Haha, you know us, we wouldn't have it any other way :P
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat May 3, 2014
Supports: Liverpool
Location: UK

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by JohnCB2013 » 3 years ago

Going by one of the messages that appeared when logging into the game a day or so ago I have to say I'm prepared for the worst in terms of losing players from the game.

The way the message read is that the only way that players in the FREE Agent list will stay in the game is if you've already started a Master League and have saved data for that mode they will then stay in that mode (until they retire in ML I assume), but, other than that it looks like players such as Gerrard, Xavi, Lampard etc. may be lost for good even if you have base copied them, that's how it sounds to me, however I'm no expert on this subject and have never tried to save players in past games in the series as I had no idea until recently that players were actually removed from the game.

To be fair I've actually looked through the list of players that are expected to go and if I'm totally honest I'm not to fussed about most of them, obviously would be better if they stayed FREE Agents of course, but apart from a few players mainly the ones with the best (most realistic) faces (Like Drogba, Eto'o & Turan for example) I don't feel I'll miss any of them that much to get to worried about it.

Have to say I'm looking forward to Data Pack 2, I like the look of some of the stuff included, only real disappointment is that it looks like we won't be getting anymore teams added to the Europa or CL, was hoping for a few more (at least) as many are missing, I personally wanted at least one more Turkish team Besiktas or Fenerbahce would have done along with Shakhtar Donetsk would have got my vote, but, "ANY" missing teams would have been something.

johnnybhoy1967
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 8, 2012
Supports: Celtic

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by johnnybhoy1967 » 3 years ago

I wonder why they wont just put the import/export feature back in edit mode. Was great that you could just back up your created teams without worrying about DPs deleting stuff. Did Bhatti not say this was supossed to be the best edit mode ever?

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: London
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

JohnCB2013 wrote:The way the message read is that the only way that players in the FREE Agent list will stay in the game is if you've already started a Master League and have saved data for that mode they will then stay in that mode (until they retire in ML I assume), but, other than that it looks like players such as Gerrard, Xavi, Lampard etc. may be lost for good even if you have base copied them, that's how it sounds to me, however I'm no expert on this subject and have never tried to save players in past games in the series as I had no idea until recently that players were actually removed from the game.
I wouldn't look too much into this. As long as you've backed them up in Created Players, the free agents should survive. From what I can tell, things will only get more complicated if you want to 'salvage' (as Konami calls it) your pre-DP1 Edit Data.

Like I've said a few times though, I'd hold back from upgrading until we know more about what and how much is affected by DP2. I know Paul2478 will confirm everything for us on Thursday morning. :)
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat May 3, 2014
Supports: Liverpool
Location: UK

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by JohnCB2013 » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
JohnCB2013 wrote:The way the message read is that the only way that players in the FREE Agent list will stay in the game is if you've already started a Master League and have saved data for that mode they will then stay in that mode (until they retire in ML I assume), but, other than that it looks like players such as Gerrard, Xavi, Lampard etc. may be lost for good even if you have base copied them, that's how it sounds to me, however I'm no expert on this subject and have never tried to save players in past games in the series as I had no idea until recently that players were actually removed from the game.
I wouldn't look too much into this. As long as you've backed them up in Created Players, the free agents should survive. From what I can tell, things will only get more complicated if you want to 'salvage' (as Konami calls it) your pre-DP1 Edit Data.

Like I've said a few times though, I'd hold back from upgrading until we know more about what and how much is affected by DP2. I know Paul2478 will confirm everything for us on Thursday morning. :)
Hmmm, I guess it's just a matter of "time will tell" Mike (y) like I said there are a few players I'd like to stay in the game, but, many of them in the FREE Agent list I probably would not even have known were in the game if I had not gone through the list, for me it's just a few players that I'd be disappointed to lose, like I mentioned in my previous post players like Drogba who look amazing in the game I want to stay put, also players like Muntari & Dos Santos I want to keep hold of for their National Teams Ghana & Mexico they also have a really good likeness like Drogba etc.

Not fussed about lesser known players, players who have generic faces or players who have retired (Aimar/Rio Ferdinand etc.) in real life.

I'm itching to get started on my ML, have all the English kits done which look fantastic in the game (Thanks! to PES World for that) for both the BPL & SBC, also have all the real emblems for English clubs/competitions done, so totally ready to get going on ML after such a long (and painful) wait, having all these kits looking so good and all the proper emblems make everything feel as close to fully licenced as we're ever likely to get in PES/WE (clap)

PES Russia
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by PES Russia » 3 years ago

Image

CONFIRMED: The article "PES 2017: What do the fans want?" will be released and sent to the developers on 2015/12/4.

User avatar
tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011
Supports: Sunderland
Location: England

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by tigerwalms » 3 years ago

PES Russia wrote:Image

CONFIRMED: The article "PES 2017: What do the fans want?" will be released and sent to the developers on 2015/12/4.
Nice sentiment but you know as well as I do it won't make a single bit of difference. They probably won't be able to read it, and if they can read it then they probably wouldn't understand it, and if they could understand it they wouldn't know how to implement it, and if they did know how to implement it they wouldn't do it anyway as Konami are the worst. It'll just end up either in the bin or on some random paper pile never to be looked at. Pity as reading your previous posts you make a lot of great points and understand what a lot of us want from the game and put it across very well. Good luck, but lets admit it, you've wasted your time.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

johnnybhoy1967
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Nov 8, 2012
Supports: Celtic

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by johnnybhoy1967 » 3 years ago

Just installed dp2/1.04, doesnt seem to have messed much up, only just my created teams players have been sent back to created/national players.
All the dp1 free agents that were based copied into created players are still there.
Had to head out so didnt get to play a game.

PES Russia
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by PES Russia » 3 years ago

CHECK IT OUT!

[Extended Edition] PES 2017: What do the fans want?
https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.ph ... -fans-want

Dear fans! We apologize if some of your wishes are not included in the list. Please if you agree with the content of this material (partially or completely) and find it relevant, let the developers know about it through Twitter!

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

So I just ordered PES 16. What OF's are out there for PS4?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

User avatar
Mike
Founder
Founder
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011
Supports: The Arsenal
Location: London
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Nades wrote:So I just ordered PES 16. What OF's are out there for PS4?
Although you are able to import your own custom emblems and kits, OF sharing isn't possible on PS4. So for now, you'll have to import everything yourself.

For quality emblems/kits, PES World and PES Universe should have you covered. :-)
✅ 🐦 💟

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: PES 2016: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
Nades wrote:So I just ordered PES 16. What OF's are out there for PS4?
Although you are able to import your own custom emblems and kits, OF sharing isn't possible on PS4. So for now, you'll have to import everything yourself.

For quality emblems/kits, PES World and PES Universe should have you covered. :-)
Thanks Mike. I'll have a proper look when I'm not on mobile. I've been playing the trial for PES 16. I like it, it feels extremely smooth, but I do have a question. I've always found ML plays a lot different to exhibition matches, is this the same this year as usual?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests