πŸ“’ Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2016 Demo Discussion

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Re: PES 2016 Demo Discussion

Post by Nades » 4 years ago

When 2014 released I had a feeling it would take a good two years to get things right and it seems I could of been right (for once) lol.

I'm seeing a lot if positives so far which is great. Another reason why I'm not playing the demo is because its usually a bit different than the full release.

XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Missingno1990 wrote:Hey, guys. Back to the forum after a couple of years absence. Forgot my old account details and username, so new account it is. :P

Anywho, I'll start with keepers: I've noticed that they can be a little slow to react at times, but they seem to be a little better than last year. And man, some of the goalkeeping animations are beautiful. I played as Juventus vs Bayern and put a ball in hard and low from the right wing. Neuer, who had been standing at the near post, started to make his way back to the middle. Being the craft little devil I am, I place the ball towards the post he's moving away from. Neuer notices this, and changes direction yet again, stumbling as he does so, and proceeds to sort of crawl towards the ball, he tries desperately to claw the ball off the line and fails. It really was a thing of beauty. :D
Welcome back! Be good to see you stick around here for PES 2016 and beyond!

Love the sound of that GK animation. I saw something crazy last night, I was France playing against Brazil CPU. Whipped in a corner that Benzema met with a thunderous header which rattled the bar. The keeper Jefferson dived for it and was now in the ground in the centre of the goal. The ball landed at Pogba's feet so I shot first time from the corner of the 6 yard box. Jefferson was trying to stand up and I am convinced he tried heading the ball away to save Pogba's effort. The ball smashed off Jefferson's head and hit the under side of the bar and went in. I have actually recorded the replay, I'll upload it later.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

It's fantastic to see so many people enjoying the demo - and not just on here but on Facebook and Twitter, too. :-)

Although there are still a few niggles here and there, such as the lack of AI fouls and the penalty system, I've been mostly impressed from what I've seen so far. The goalkeepers - now capable of pulling off some truly wonderful saves - are superb, plus the improved (and really satisfying) slide tackles allow you to pull off some awesome counter-attacks.

I've only played against the CPU yet, but I'm currently planning to get a few mates over tonight so I can try out some 1v1 and 2v2. Like the majority who have tried out the demo, I'm pretty confident they'll be impressed with what they see. 8-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales

Mike wrote:It's fantastic to see so many people enjoying the demo - and not just on here but on Facebook and Twitter, too. :-)

Although there are still a few niggles here and there, such as the lack of AI fouls and the penalty system, I've been mostly impressed from what I've seen so far. The goalkeepers - now capable of pulling off some truly wonderful saves - are superb, plus the improved (and really satisfying) slide tackles allow you to pull off some awesome counter-attacks.

I've only played against the CPU yet, but I'm currently planning to get a few mates over tonight so I can try out some 1v1 and 2v2. Like the majority who have tried out the demo, I'm pretty confident they'll be impressed with what they see. 8-)
I am not sure if you're able to play 2v2 as the demo descriptions only says 1-2 player.

I played a bunch of 1v1's yesterday afternoon, and it was good fun. However it did feel a bit "sticky" at times in midfield. That could have been down to the formations though. I saw a tip on twitter to reduce the game speed to -1 which I later did when playing against the CPU. It did feel a lot better. It's giving that a go Mike. Keen to hear how find the 1v1's

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 4 years ago

Good demo lots of fun passing very good shooting very good,the only thing I didn't like was the tackling I thought it was a bit hectic one second there would be one player there then all of second there would be about three players there all in a bunch. I hope thay can sort it be fore the final game comes out.And like most of us the a1,did not cross the ball very much and did not give many fouls away.Other wise looking forward to the full game coming out.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

Well I had a couple of matches on Top Player last night, lost the first one 3-1 but no idea how! First goal my keeper should have done better but meh, it was the second which was awful. Opposition took a weak free kick and Neuer for some reason flapped it out 2 metres and the opposition had a a tame effort that the keeper palmed in. I wanted to record it but couldn't work out how to record it (crappy xbox interface). At other times their keepers made some good saves so they have improved, sometimes.

The second match I won 1-0, then went to bed.

I look at this game as what the first iteration on the new consoles (PES2014) should have been, a flawed base that can be improved upon. This is playable, but heavily flawed with the same things that bothered me from the previous versions. Some points off the top of my head, I won't say positive or negative as some are just in the middle:

* The response has improved a bit, although still not quite responsive enough to make me happy, but workable.
* It's still on rails. I don't feel like I can put the ball where I want, it still wants to go in a straight line to the man rather than into space. Thus the power bar on passes feels pointless as the same power one time will have a completely different speed the next even when the exact same power is applied.
* Same with players running after the ball. If I press up on the control pad it will ignore me and continue running after the ball. Why can't I decide where I want the player to run and, you know, actually let ME play the game rather than do what you want me to do? I know there is 'super cancel' but why should I need to do this?
* Again, like the last point I feel like I'm watching rather than play. I played a high ball over the top and it was coming over my attackers head. I pressed shoot as I wanted him to hit it on the volley. And what did he do? He controlled it then hit it. That's not what I wanted. If I wanted to do that I would have waited for the player to control it then I would have pressed shoot. Let ME play the game please.
* Most of the time if a pass a ball forward then try to move the receiving playing towards the ball it doesn't work, he just stands there and the opposition player runs onto it. I read somewhere that this was supposed to be sorted but not from what I can see. Infuriating.
* The graphics are average at best. It has a cartoony look to it, if any of you think that it looks realistic or competes with Fifa's graphics then I honestly have no idea what you're looking at.
* Oh my god the replays. Sooooooooooo slooooooooooooow. Seriously, what planet are Konami on if they think this is the correct speed for a reply. Why is this so difficult? All I can do is shake my head in astonishment.
* Can't comment on the nets as all 5 goals were slowish efforts. But for what it's worth the net did what I would expect it to for slow efforts.

In summary I still feel like I'm only half playing this game. For a game that tells me it's engineered for freedom I don't half feel restricted. Overall though it's ok. It is actually a valid, playable game now. I'll have a few more goes over the weekend.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Mike
Founder
Founder

Shales wrote:I am not sure if you're able to play 2v2 as the demo descriptions only says 1-2 player.
If true, that's a bit annoying. When I played yesterday, I'm sure the Select Sides menu had 4 controller slots. Maybe the bottom two are locked? Either way, with Premier League football also on the box tonight, a 1v1 session tonight should still be fun! :great:
tigerwalms wrote:I played a high ball over the top and it was coming over my attackers head. I pressed shoot as I wanted him to hit it on the volley. And what did he do? He controlled it then hit it. That's not what I wanted.
I had one of those last night. With Pirlo, I played a stunning through ball over the top of the last defender but Morata, who did really well to stay onside, took a touch instead of hitting a first-time volley. (think)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales

Shales wrote:
Mike wrote:
Shales wrote:I am not sure if you're able to play 2v2 as the demo descriptions only says 1-2 player.
If true, that's a bit annoying. When I played yesterday, I'm sure the Select Sides menu had 4 controller slots. Maybe the bottom two are locked? Either way, with Premier League football also on the box tonight, a 1v1 session tonight should still be fun! :great:
Let me know if 2v2's do work. It definitely does show 4 controllers on the Select Sides menu, and the XB1 menu shows 11 I think. Speaking of that console comparision, I tried both demos and although the XB1 is now 1080p, The PS4 was still bit crisper. I was actually looking forward to the trying the XB1 version because I prefer the console over PS4. But having played a years worth of PES on the PS4 made the XB1 weird to use for PES.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:Well I had a couple of matches on Top Player last night, lost the first one 3-1 but no idea how! First goal my keeper should have done better but meh, it was the second which was awful. Opposition took a weak free kick and Neuer for some reason flapped it out 2 metres and the opposition had a a tame effort that the keeper palmed in. I wanted to record it but couldn't work out how to record it (crappy xbox interface). At other times their keepers made some good saves so they have improved, sometimes.

The second match I won 1-0, then went to bed.

I look at this game as what the first iteration on the new consoles (PES2014) should have been, a flawed base that can be improved upon. This is playable, but heavily flawed with the same things that bothered me from the previous versions. Some points off the top of my head, I won't say positive or negative as some are just in the middle:

* The response has improved a bit, although still not quite responsive enough to make me happy, but workable.
* It's still on rails. I don't feel like I can put the ball where I want, it still wants to go in a straight line to the man rather than into space. Thus the power bar on passes feels pointless as the same power one time will have a completely different speed the next even when the exact same power is applied.
* Same with players running after the ball. If I press up on the control pad it will ignore me and continue running after the ball. Why can't I decide where I want the player to run and, you know, actually let ME play the game rather than do what you want me to do? I know there is 'super cancel' but why should I need to do this?
* Again, like the last point I feel like I'm watching rather than play. I played a high ball over the top and it was coming over my attackers head. I pressed shoot as I wanted him to hit it on the volley. And what did he do? He controlled it then hit it. That's not what I wanted. If I wanted to do that I would have waited for the player to control it then I would have pressed shoot. Let ME play the game please.
* Most of the time if a pass a ball forward then try to move the receiving playing towards the ball it doesn't work, he just stands there and the opposition player runs onto it. I read somewhere that this was supposed to be sorted but not from what I can see. Infuriating.
* The graphics are average at best. It has a cartoony look to it, if any of you think that it looks realistic or competes with Fifa's graphics then I honestly have no idea what you're looking at.
* Oh my god the replays. Sooooooooooo slooooooooooooow. Seriously, what planet are Konami on if they think this is the correct speed for a reply. Why is this so difficult? All I can do is shake my head in astonishment.
* Can't comment on the nets as all 5 goals were slowish efforts. But for what it's worth the net did what I would expect it to for slow efforts.

In summary I still feel like I'm only half playing this game. For a game that tells me it's engineered for freedom I don't half feel restricted. Overall though it's ok. It is actually a valid, playable game now. I'll have a few more goes over the weekend.
Tap triangle briefly to pass into space; it can be used for more than just a through ball in the past few games.
As for players being on rails; as with any other PES game I can remember this is easily sorted. Continue to hold R1 as you wound, and then hold R2 and the direction you want your player to run. It's not quite perfect, but it's better than the CPU having 100% say in the player's run.
The response time has to be an Xbox problem I'd guess. They struggled to port it at native 1080p, possibly at the cost of the game's performance. It's lightning fast on PS4.
The goalies are a conundrum. Sometimes they're embarrassingly bad, and sometimes they're too good. But I suppose that can be the case in real life, too. Lol

I've played 20 matches or so now, and already scored a bigger variety of goals than I ever could in PES 2015.

As for FIFA's graphics. Colours are probably more realistic, yes. But the players look like clay dolls. XD

goldmu1e
Reserve
Reserve

Post by goldmu1e » 4 years ago

i have played a couple of games , my biggest problem is the lack of pace in players, robben being caught up all the time. no fouls yet again and just a robotic on rails feel to it , players seem to rigid
you can die a hero but your still dead

Mike
Founder
Founder

Missingno1990 wrote:As for players being on rails; as with any other PES game I can remember this is easily sorted. Continue to hold R1 as you wound, and then hold R2 and the direction you want your player to run.
That is Super Cancel. ;) But like tigerwalms says, to have such a great reliance on it can make things a bit unsatisfying at times.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Mike wrote:
Missingno1990 wrote:As for players being on rails; as with any other PES game I can remember this is easily sorted. Continue to hold R1 as you wound, and then hold R2 and the direction you want your player to run.
That is Super Cancel. ;) But like tigerwalms says, to have such a great reliance on it can make things a bit unsatisfying at times.
Ah, lol. I accidentally came across it years ago and never knew there was a term for it, or even if it was supposed to be there. :P

I only ever saw super cancel being used in game for cancelling shots and passes, and I remember it being a lot of hassle. I tend just to feint instead.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool

Post by heerenveen123 » 4 years ago

I have recorded a few gameplay videos on my 360, will upload them soon on YouTube.

Had to delete a few recordings because the game was making me cringe.

At one point Totti received the ball in the box after I failed to clear a corner. Took one touch and (according to the animations involved) appeared to lob Neuer (on his line) right down the middle of the goal. What?

After spending time playing on my PS3/X360 I have noticed more things:

- Can't score outside of the box, assuming this is because of the limitations of the game engine/technologies used in this game/2015/2014.

- As I mentioned in my last post, the goalkeepers are not fun. If you stay on your line you leave the attacker with almost the entire goal to aim for, which is why keepers' close the space down - to prevent the opposition scoring.

- I believe (most likely as result of the game engine) that keepers will not leave their goal-line because of the issues regarding lobbed shots and R2 shots. The moment I bring my keeper away from the line the ball is lobbed or curled over his head. That doesn't make sense. The game wants the keeper to attempt an impossible save on his line or not at all?

- Lobbing the ball is a very difficult skill, even more so in an actual match scenario with the huge crowd, on-coming keeper, sliding defenders etc. You don't see them executed often in real life because of the difficulty, even the World's best players miss lobbed shot. It is so hard finding the right amount of height, dip, accuracy and power that result in a goal - even after doing all of that right you still have the keeper to beat.

- The only time the goalkeepers leave their line is to clear through balls - which they will only come for if they have a 100% chance of getting there.

- I like to use Super Cancel to allow a player to come towards the ball if a pass is short or I want to collect a through ball earlier - but this is no longer a feature of the gameplay.

- If you press R2 after you pass the ball, does it make the player run forwards - like it did on the PS2 generation games? Not sure if it was me doing that or the AI deciding to run forwards. I keep pressing it instinctively.

It is difficult to focus on things that I enjoy when issues occur so frequently. They take me away from the experience of playing or watching a football match. This is not right or wrong, it is just my opinion.
Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Hey, sorry to hear about some of the issues you're having with the 360 version. I'm still yet to see any bad animations in the PS4 version. As for scoring from outside the box; I haven't had an issue with that either. That may just have been down to you having some bad luck, though.

The goalkeeper will only come off of his line if he's got a chance of winning a 50/50 ball over the top, everything else is left up to the player, which is ideal in my opinion. Once you're used to it, you can close down a shot effectively, without being lobbed.
Goalkeepers can be a problem at times, but I believe people are a little harsh on them. When a player is through on goal, he's more likely to score than miss, provided he doesn't hit it straight at the keeper.

Pressing R2 after a pass definitely makes the player charge upfield. It can be quite handy when you're chasing a game in the dying minutes. ;)

I'll report back if I come across any stupid animations, but I feel that may be down to the last-gen version. PC version could be pretty stupid at times last season.

EDIT: Came across a bug when passing the ball. Went to play a quick through ball with Tevez after nicking it from Dante. Tevez then looked to touch the ball slightly and pull of an amazing little step over. Wanting to see it again, I went into the replay, only to be disappointed! It wasn't a cool step over at all, but a kick that went right through the ball, and the ball hitting him on the foot again as it moved forward. :P

Another couple of things I completely forgot about: Crowd suddenly going completely quiet for a second or two, and the camera not following the ball. First time was a short goal kick, and the one from today being a cleared ball. The ball had gone to about halfway, and the camera was still located on my box.

heerenveen123
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Neutral or Liverpool

Post by heerenveen123 » 4 years ago

I am a negative person so it may seem like I'm being harsh. Also I am not very good at this game, maybe *thats why I can't score outside the box? Should I use manual shooting/advanced shooting? Not sure what the advanced through ball option is. Should I reduce the pass assistance?

I want to enjoy this game as much as everyone else seems to be.

Also, now that I am posting this I don't need to edit my last post but Totti scored that lob from open play, not a corner. Received the ball in the box, turned to face goal and then appeared to lob Neuer. Unusual goal, in my opinion.

Bayern v Roma -

France v Brazil -

Roma v Juventus -
Last edited by heerenveen123 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logos, wallpapers, photos, edits, image enhancements, banners etc.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HmistryGraphics
DeviantArt - http://heerenmistry.deviantart.com/
XBL Gamertag: Not Brown Sound