πŸ“’ Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League Discussion Thread

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Re: What are your plans for Master League?

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

Missingno1990 wrote:It's strange. I'm yet to see any opposition scouting reports, but I'm sure they were mentioned in the trailer. (think)
I might have a look through other team info and the like through the menus and see if I come across it later on.
Yeah I can remember liking the sound of that as it was a pretty good feature in 13 (I think?) which was unfortunately removed. Not started ML yet, but season mode is basically last year's ML and it's quite a faff to find your oppositions tactics.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 4 years ago

Has anyone in here made any teams in PES like Dortmund or others in place of the fake teams. Interested to see how it affects the Champions League etc in Master League?
PSN: Walker2k7

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

Walker2o wrote:Has anyone in here made any teams in PES like Dortmund or others in place of the fake teams. Interested to see how it affects the Champions League etc in Master League?
I've created the full Bundesliga as well as Celtic, Dinamo Zagreb, Fenerbahce, Malmo and Shakhtar Donetsk. Have also started work on the MLS but have only done LA Galaxy and New York City FC so far.

As for your question, I'm going to wait for DP1 before I start my proper ML, however, just to see if everything goes smoothly (UCL/UEL qualifications, league positions after the first season, etc), I'm going to start a test ML tonight.

Give me a day or two, but if you have any questions, just ask. :-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Can you post up what teams get picked for the Champions League? Also, how do you have so much time? :lol: I've struggled to get the BPL in

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 4 years ago

Well I started as the mighty franchise team, the MK Dons :) However I decided to use the default master league players. Played about 10-15 games so far on Top Player level. Had my a$$ handed to me a couple of times by some of the better squads initially, though now my team spirit and heat map thing has improved my players are holding it together a lot more. Still in about 15th place but slowly stringing victories together. Loving the negotiations and little news stories during the season so far and it all feels a lot more interesting than last years. Really like the fact you can slow down the transfer window to stop every day if you want as well, very helpful for me!

I haven't seen any stupid transfers as of yet. I have had a couple of offers for some of my better performing players (Arcas, Yankov and Ben Amos) and was offered nearly 2million for Yankov. Didn't accept though, the boys got potential. Snapped up a few free transfers from players I had done transfers for (Amos being one of them) and a few from the youth team, Niellender, Aartman, Qalzim, all looking like they may develop quite nicely. Liking they get Youth Player designation which increases their experience I believe, a nice touch. Also really liking the feed back on player development and players getting new skills and roles organically. So far I am very impressed, my defense since the team spirit improved seems a lot tighter and Ben Amos has been a star in goal! He has improved the most out of everyone thus far and looking like a shrewd signing. So I am aiming for the playoffs with any luck and see where it goes from there!

Also, when I go to game plan and look at the form arrows, Ben Amos is red and slightly pulsing whereas the others on red are just a flat color. I have checked my cursor is not over him or anything, does anyone know why this is or what it signifies?
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Walker2o wrote:Can you post up what teams get picked for the Champions League?
There were three fake teams in the UCL play-offs, two losing out to Groningen and Liverpool. But annoyingly, one made it through after beating Celtic 5-1 on aggregate! :roll: :great:

Here's how the groups played out:

A) Bayern, Arsenal, Sevilla, Gent.
B) Zenit, Napoli, Olympiacos, Sparta Prague.
C) Barcelona, Liverpool, Wolfsburg, Groningen.
D) Benfica, Fiorentina, Lyon, Marchidegna.
E) Juventus, Man City, Borussia Monchengladbach, FC Meuchawyz.
F) PSG, Roma, Dynamo Kiev, Pabrowiestein.
G) PSV, Real Madrid, Basel, FC Cerchizmajiu.
H) Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Porto, FC Kholugavinsk.

As for the Europa League, there were 14 fake teams. Not a good start, although I must point out that Dinamo Zagreb were my only edited team not to be in the UEL: Dortmund (me), Hoffenheim, Leverkusen, Schalke, Celtic, Fenerbahce, Malmo and Shakhtar all made it in. I think the word I'm looking for here is bittersweet! :?
Walker2o wrote:Also, how do you have so much time? :lol: I've struggled to get the BPL in
With all this editing, not a lot! ;). But seriously, I've been doing this for several years now and trust me when I say it does get easier as time goes by.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

The pulsating arrow happens when a player is fired up for a derby match or from another player's ability. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but Iturbe has been a beast for me due to being fired up in about 90% of my games this season.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

The fake teams I'm just going to cover up with the SPFL teams, without the players. Just so that there is Real Names and Kits to look at in place of teams like CUNTORIPA

Mike
Founder
Founder

Walker2o wrote:The fake teams I'm just going to cover up with the SPFL teams, without the players. Just so that there is Real Names and Kits to look at in place of teams like CUNTORIPA
In theory, you think that'd be enough. But annoyingly, for the first season at least, a handful of uneditable teams (not shown in Edit mode) will still appear, like the ones I mentioned three posts above.

I honestly have no idea why this happens and I can't think of a logical explanation. But either way, I'm hoping that a solution - because it is a problem - can be found and implemented ASAP. (think)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Mike wrote:
Walker2o wrote:The fake teams I'm just going to cover up with the SPFL teams, without the players. Just so that there is Real Names and Kits to look at in place of teams like CUNTORIPA
In theory, you think that'd be enough. But annoyingly, for the first season at least, a handful of uneditable teams (not shown in Edit mode) will still appear, like the ones I mentioned three posts above.

I honestly have no idea why this happens and I can't think of a logical explanation. But either way, I'm hoping that a solution - because it is a problem - can be found and implemented ASAP. (think)
Ah thats disappointing. Doesn't make it seem worth the while then honestly. Hopefully within a year or two people can figure out how to edit the files.. i.e once people like xploder get the finger out

Mike
Founder
Founder

Walker2o wrote:Ah thats disappointing. Doesn't make it seem worth the while then honestly.
With seven new UEFA clubs coming with DP1, you'd like to think they'll go straight in and replace those irritating uneditable teams.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Mike wrote:
Walker2o wrote:Ah thats disappointing. Doesn't make it seem worth the while then honestly.
With seven new UEFA clubs coming with DP1, you'd like to think they'll go straight in and replace those irritating uneditable teams.
That is the hope. The Europa League will be the important one! The thing is, I played a UCL tournament with my little cousin and it was easy to fill the spaces with top teams from the leagues in the game. I'm waiting till after the data pack to create Dortmund, Possibly Schalke and Leverkusen depending on the amount of players in the game. I cant be bothered creating faces/ stats for anyone outside Celtic to be honest, if I even decide to put them in.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Walker2o wrote:That is the hope. The Europa League will be the important one! The thing is, I played a UCL tournament with my little cousin and it was easy to fill the spaces with top teams from the leagues in the game.
Definitely. But with the coefficients rankings in mind, there should be a limit of teams per nation.

Ideally, the gaps will be filled by the Other Euro teams. If not, use a handful of teams from the PEU League. And if that's still not enough, either license more UEFA clubs (Astana, BATE, Dinamo Zagreb, Rubin Kazan, Rapid Vienna, etc) and unlock/remove those irritating uneditable teams.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Gladly accept it if the teams cone from the peu league, however it will be a major drawback if they are uneditable. To the point it will be Konami shooting themselves in the foot yet again.

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 4 years ago

Of all the fake names they could have come up with, they created that team! What makes it more unbelievable, this is the 3rd year in a row they've been in the retail game.

If you want to create Leverkusen or Schalke I would recommend using http://www.pesmaster.com/other-european ... league/80/ for the stats for players NIG. Google search what they look like and Base Copy a similar looking player. I've created about 8 Other European teams using this method. Ones that aren't going to be in this year's game.