Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: Master League Discussion Thread

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

Walker2o wrote:[youtube]
[/YouTube]

[YouTube]
[/youtube]

Just incase you thought biton shooting didn't need editing up a bit.. Buzing to get this ml started.
That KONAMI/PES ad board in the background was quite apt.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 years ago

Getting to the end of my first ML Championship season, the mighty MK Dons are sitting 4th in the playoff spots and I am very happy with that. Got about 2 more games to go before the playoffs start. Had some big wins and a few big defeats at the start of the season on Top Player. Default ML squad and I got my backside kicked for about the first 8 games only scraping a few draws. Then the team spirit began to climb and my team got it sorted.

Loving the random nicknames that players get given, one of my young strikers is now called the Baby Faced Assassin and the other one is the Galloping something or other! Really liking how certain players influence training development as well. Sio my CF is apparently a Grand Master and as such all of my other forwards are developing more in training... A really nice touch.

Sold Aartman for nearly 4million which was nice, still have Niellender on the RMF but he has competition from a rather quick, skillful winger called Amarel. I also managed to snap up Martin Odegaard as his contract was expiring at the end of the season. He cost me about 8million and pretty much my entire transfer budget but he has been amazing, is developing superbly and is great to swap in and out of the team with Arcas, who was attracting bids of 7-8 million in January... So hopefully I will get promoted and start looking at upgrading a few positions, going to have to replace Sio as he is only on loan currently, but I have Munir and Blank developing nicely. Also signed Milik who is a decent target man for pennies as his contract was going to expire too.. Tyler Blackett seems a good LB/CB as well and I am hoping his skills keep rising, although he is currently just backup as Garbutt is having a stormer of a season!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 2 years ago

Well since DP1 has messed up my editing plans and not having a clue what DP2 is going to fix/muck up, I thought I should get on with playing matches and a ML.

Went for the Brazilian League but transferred in Club Nacional of Uruguay in as my team. I'm really enjoying it so far, it's a really fun league to use and all the licenced kits look great. The games are varied some very open, others hard fought. Some annoying scripting as mentioned by everyone but I'm easy going about it for now. Still on a high from a last second winner against Sport Recife FYI.

Gallarjo and Saradillo have been regulars from the youth team and D.POLENTA has become a team leader. The great A. RECOBA is there for cameo performances but teams are offering silly money for him. He's 39 so I'm just ignoring the offers as it's unrealistic.

One thing I'm not keen on is the fact all the free agent players are available for free transfers. I bagged J. LARRIVEY and Nicolas Lopez and a CB called FERRARI. They've been excellent but looking back it felt like cheating a bit. There's loads of duplicate players around the leagues as well now, which is a bit annoying.

Team spirit above 90 atm using a long ball, counter attack style that suits my players. Just wondering if the players will adapt in style if I change my tactics as I'd like to play differently going forward. Anybody noticed those 'bars' (?) that show how suited they are to different tactics eg Short Pass/Long Pass or Front Line Pressure/All out defence etc change or are they set in stone?
Chris Coleman - Manager of the Year 2018

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 2 years ago

BunglesFinger wrote: Team spirit above 90 atm using a long ball, counter attack style that suits my players. Just wondering if the players will adapt in style if I change my tactics as I'd like to play differently going forward. Anybody noticed those 'bars' (?) that show how suited they are to different tactics eg Short Pass/Long Pass or Front Line Pressure/All out defence etc change or are they set in stone?
I'd like to think they would change a little bit as the team spirit goes up after each win and when you sub the same player out and back in later, the TS doesn't drop back down. What I found useful is at Barca I like to play high pressing, slow build up so when searching for a player I used the options for those tactics. Got Javi Martinez for 11Mil! Subbed him in for a big cup game and the team spirit stayed at the high number... All of the subs were reducing the team spirit.

Take a note of a players stats right before you change tactics and then change them at the end of the season.
PSN: Walker2k7

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 2 years ago

I can confirm that players do indeed adapt to playing a different style from their natural game. My team spirit dropped from low 90s to around 70 when I changed how my team played off the ball. They're now 99 (92-95 after subs) when pressing high up the pitch, and only slightly lower when I have them sit deep on my defensive formation.

As for the scripting part, I'm not so sure. At one point, I thought maybe there were some instances where it came into play, but I feel my unbeaten season counteracts my previous suspicions, and that maybe I just set up wrong/didn't do the job in that match.
My team is full of superstars, and they're now comfortable with multiple styles of play. Not really had any bother since mixing it up on a game by game basis.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 2 years ago

How long has it taken you to get that far though? I don't like being able to build a world beating team within 2/3 years. It would also be good to buy in promising players and for them not to reach that potential. Specially if you've spent a fair bit of money on them.
PSN: Walker2k7

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Thanks for the advice lads, it's good to know that I'll be able to do some tinkering with my tactics. I've bought a good young DM who is suited to different styles, so I'm hoping to be able to subtly convert a few others in due course.

Having a bad spell of things as the second half of the season has started, losing 3 games against some good teams. The goals have dried up. I've made a mistake selling LARRIVEY for 7million and relying too much on Lopez for the goals. He was a Superstar L1 and you can tell I'm missing him.

Thought maybe some scripting occurs to punish some team lineups that impact on team spirit. Like playing too many new signings- eg my new goalkeeper passed the ball out straight to a striker from a goal kick today. Yesterday I stupidly tried a rainbow flick and the CPU tackled me then put 10 seconds of pinpoint passing together and scored a beauty.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Walker2o wrote:How long has it taken you to get that far though? I don't like being able to build a world beating team within 2/3 years. It would also be good to buy in promising players and for them not to reach that potential. Specially if you've spent a fair bit of money on them.
2 years, but that's with Arsenal who already have one of the best squads. Some wheeling and dealing got me younger players that were basically as good as some older heads. The value of older players being around the same as younger players is a bit flawed, but when I start from the bottom I think it'd take a good few years to get to the stage I'm at now. There was no real motivation to sign as many unknown youngsters as Arsenal, especially when you're just waiting on a squad update to start your real file. When that will actually be, who knows...

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Had an idea to adapt my playing style. I've used the 'Custom' formation to replicate my formation but with different team instructions, short passes and all that. I'm switching to it when I feel I'm winning a match comfortably. Early days and the Team Spirit drops to low 70s but I'll see how it goes.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 years ago

I'm about 15 games into my ML trial run with Valencia. Pleasantly surprised by some of the improvements over last year.

I like the look of Team Spirit but yet to figure the in's and out's of it. I've stuck pretty much with the default formation and it's never dipped below the high 80's. I'm guessing when more players come in and I change formation, the team is going to need time to settle in. Do results have any effect on it though?

Players can learn skill cards again. Was so annoying getting a wonderkid who develops into a 90+ rated player but learns no new skills.

So happy the player development chart is finally back. I know it's not set in stone but I kind of wish it didn't display the future development.

Liking the player roles so far and the interaction they have with other players. Would like to see some negative ones in too...like the token 'disruptive influence in the dressing room'. But anything which fleshes out your team so they're more than a bunch of ratings works for me.

I was staggered by the amount of data in the monthly reports. I had absolutely no idea the game was collecting any of it. There's more than enough to work with but I'd love some stuff on where and how goals are scored and conceded.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Glad I'm doing this season as a dry run, mainly as I've just found out how easy it is for a player to put their renewal on hold.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

itstroff wrote:Glad I'm doing this season as a dry run, mainly as I've just found out how easy it is for a player to put their renewal on hold.
Please explain. I haven't start one yet. How do you prevent this? Thanks
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

itstroff wrote:Glad I'm doing this season as a dry run, mainly as I've just found out how easy it is for a player to put their renewal on hold.
I have only had one contract renewal put on hold, and it was because they guy never played.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Half a season in with Valencia, I renegotiated to lower Rodrigo's wage at first and it gave a 70 something percent chance. That came back OK, then I tried to extend the length with a 65 percent chance. I did similar with a lot of players just to test the new mechanics out and he was the only one to put talks on hold.
When it says 'on hold' though it looks like I'll have to try and sign him at the end of the season as it's like a month or two after the transfer window and still can't offer another contract. I'm fine with players wanting to leave if they don't play, but why can't I just offer another contract that was ok'd before I tried to renegotiate?

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

It could be that he's looking to see if another team will better the contract you offered. I'm unsure if CPU teams can offer pre contracts or not, though.