Master League Discussion Thread

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Re: Master League Discussion Thread

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

I dunno...it's not like the offer is still on the table and he's got nothing listed in the other interested teams section either.

I'm going to sim to the end of the season in prep for tomorrow's unmitigated disaster update, so I'll find out soon enough.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

I started a new season and got a notification that Rodrigo was requesting a new contract, so I guess all is not lost if you mess up renewals. nThat said I don't know if that would have been the case if I didn't play him so much. Definitely going to create a fall back save file now before renegotiating any contracts.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Question for all you 2016 ML veterans ;)

I will shortly be starting a ML which will be my first game. I have edited over one of PEU teams and going to stick them in the championship. I am going to stick me and a couple of mates into the side as 18yr olds. My question is, what OVR should we start at? I don't want us to develop ultra fast and become amazing players in say 2 seasons. I am thinking we should start around 70 OVR. Ist that too low or too high?

Cheers guys.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 year ago

Shales wrote:Question for all you 2016 ML veterans ;)

I will shortly be starting a ML which will be my first game. I have edited over one of PEU teams and going to stick them in the championship. I am going to stick me and a couple of mates into the side as 18yr olds. My question is, what OVR should we start at? I don't want us to develop ultra fast and become amazing players in say 2 seasons. I am thinking we should start around 70 OVR. Ist that too low or too high?

Cheers guys.
I think between 70-75 would be about right Shales. I created myself as 79 rated and within 1.5 years I was at 84, then the new DP landed and I abandoned it.

It depends on whether you get one of the growth spurts where the OVR can go up around 3/4 points.

I create myself as a Box-to-Box CM with good stamina. This year I've gone for the Robot and Moonwalk goal celebrations.

I'll grow up one day! :lol:

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

BunglesFinger wrote:
Shales wrote:Question for all you 2016 ML veterans ;)

Cheers guys.
I think between 70-75 would be about right Shales. I created myself as 79 rated and within 1.5 years I was at 84, then the new DP landed and I abandoned it.

It depends on whether you get one of the growth spurts where the OVR can go up around 3/4 points.

I create myself as a Box-to-Box CM with good stamina. This year I've gone for the Robot and Moonwalk goal celebrations.

I'll grow up one day! :lol:
Thanks - what I'll do then is chuck some stats in and if the OVR's come out between 70 & 75 i'll go with it.

Grow up? Why do that ;) I expect I'll give myself some backflips. Saying that, I am going to be a GK! But also I'll be the free kick taker 8-)
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

Shales wrote:My question is, what OVR should we start at? I don't want us to develop ultra fast and become amazing players in say 2 seasons. I am thinking we should start around 70 OVR. Ist that too low or too high?
I'd say 60-67, but when it comes to creating yourself, go for a 70 OVR.

I did the same when I made the missing UCL teams and judging from the many test matches I've had so far, it seems to be working quite well. :-)
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

I must admit I was a bit sceptical but I'm liking the team role system more and more. I used to almost exclusively sign youth players for my ML teams but now it really pays to have some experience in the team, both in terms of in game boosts and extra development for younger players. The progression between roles seems about right to me but I've yet to have anyone rated level two in any role.

Would love to see an in game training mode back to work on formations and to practice free kicks. They also need an easy way of viewing the opposition set up instead of having to go through the Database menu and find your team.

Had my share of training injuries but still not seen someone who had to go off during a match. Also digging in the stats not one of my players recorded a "block" over the course of a season. Am I missing some combination of buttons?

Out of interest does anyone know if your players learn additional skills based on what happens during games? A few of my players have picked up the malicia, first time shot and trackback skills and they all seem to match up to how they've been playing.

Mike
Founder
Founder

itstroff wrote: Would love to see an in game training mode back to work on formations and to practice free kicks. They also need an easy way of viewing the opposition set up instead of having to go through the Database menu and find your team.
I know you can back out to the Top Menu and go into Training mode with your saved ML team, but this isn't exactly effortless, especially as it offers zero benefits to your players' skills and stats. Hopefully this is something that can be considered for 2017! :-)
itstroff wrote: Also digging in the stats not one of my players recorded a "block" over the course of a season. Am I missing some combination of buttons?
None of my players have performed any either. I'm not aware of any special button combination, but I'd assume that blocks are automatically performed by the AI - more often (or possibly only) for players who have high defending stats (eg. 85+ Defensive Prowess).
itstroff wrote: Out of interest does anyone know if your players learn additional skills based on what happens during games? A few of my players have picked up the malicia, first time shot and trackback skills and they all seem to match up to how they've been playing.
Similarly to Team Roles in ML, I'd be shocked if in-game performances didn't have a direct impact. And judging by your last sentence, it looks like it does.
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Mike wrote: I know you can back out to the Top Menu and go into Training mode with your saved ML team, but this isn't exactly effortless, especially as it offers zero benefits to your players' skills and stats.
Thanks, can't believe I didn't think of that. Little bit of a faff getting the tactics copied into ML but still useful. Very happy I can practice a few free kicks with my players at their correct stat levels. I'm absolutely useless at the moment, scored a few going round the wall but if I try to go over I hit it virtually every time.

Mike
Founder
Founder

itstroff wrote: Thanks, can't believe I didn't think of that. Little bit of a faff getting the tactics copied into ML but still useful. Very happy I can practice a few free kicks with my players at their correct stat levels. I'm absolutely useless at the moment, scored a few going round the wall but if I try to go over I hit it virtually every time.
No worries! It's a really underrated trick that many still don't know about yet.

And it's really useful for working out your best starting XI for myClub too - not always is it about Team Strength and overall ratings! ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DanWallyPESWorld » 1 year ago

Great to see a healthy Master League discussion going on here. Its a part of the game i play the most and currently 6 seasons in with my round the world master league.

I hope that it gets a bigger overhaul for next years game but i think it may well be very similar.

Mike
Founder
Founder

DanWallyPESWorld wrote: I hope that it gets a bigger overhaul for next years game but i think it may well be very similar.
There's obviously a lot of room for improvement for Master League, so I hope Konami are looking at Football Manager (as well as FIFA's Career Mode) for inspiration.

Use each mode as a guide, look at the best bits from each, and implement them into PES: from pre-season tournaments to player development, from custom set pieces to the global transfer market, Konami should have great ambitions for the future of ML.

Btw... welcome to the forums, Dan! Great to see you posting here! ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Couldnt agree more, its such a much loved aspect of the game which really is just plodding along. Id love to see even just a handful of those ideas put into the game.

I actually quite enjoyed doing friendlies back in the day, was a nice way to introduce the fans to the new kits for the season (y)

Nice to be in here, I love a bit of PES Chat and OPE is a good place to do it!

Mike
Founder
Founder

DanWallyPESWorld wrote: Couldnt agree more, its such a much loved aspect of the game which really is just plodding along. Id love to see even just a handful of those ideas put into the game.
Sure, it would take several years for Konami to create a complete ML, but however long it takes, I just hope they still see ML as a key factor for the series' success.

myClub is clearly Konami's cash cow, and it's easily the most popular mode in PES, but you'd like to think that a significant proportion of the money made from myClub will be used to help push the series onto the next level.

For me, they have a good base with PES 2016 and, assuming they continue investing in the right areas, I'm confident when looking forward to the future.
✅ 🐦 💟

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Do you mean as in the gameplay as a good basis? If so i agree, the game feels very good and its almost like you can say, dont do to much to it, just working on some of the game modes this year.

Ive never quite got into MyClub, ive had a few goes but always come back to ML, theres something very for-filling to me when the ML world becomes my reality and im the king. It has such an appeal that myclub doesnt provide. But your right, if the money is used in the right way then we could be on for some nice improvements.

Would be nice if they just sorted simple things like the amount of kit slots etc, but im sure theres another thread for that :-)