Master League Discussion Thread

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Re: Master League Discussion Thread

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

Definitely agree with you there...I miss the immersion of ML too much and easily get bored playing any other game mode.

I do find I'm more and more having to find ways of self limiting my team development. Too many free agents available for nothing at the start, and after a couple of seasons your youth team fills up with better players than your actual squad. Player values don't fall off enough with age either so you can usually end up profiting from replacing old players with better rated youngsters. If you know how to work the system you can end up with a team of world beaters in a ridiculously short space of time.

Also I think after this year's improvements I wouldn't expect many big changes in the next game. I'd imagine (and hope) that a lot of their time will be taken up with solving the option file problems on next gen....and you never know they might address the replay speed too.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

DanWallyPESWorld wrote: Do you mean as in the gameplay as a good basis? If so i agree, the game feels very good and its almost like you can say, dont do to much to it, just working on some of the game modes this year.
That's right. :-)

I enjoyed PES 2015 gameplay and with PES 2016, I feel things are better. But looking ahead to PES 2017, the trend must continue.

Obviously, things like Edit mode and online play needs looking at too, but as someone who was totally addicted to ML during the days of PES5/6 on PS2, I'm desperate to see significant changes for the next instalment.
itstroff wrote: Too many free agents available for nothing at the start, and after a couple of seasons your youth team fills up with better players than your actual squad. Player values don't fall off enough with age either so you can usually end up profiting from replacing old players with better rated youngsters. If you know how to work the system you can end up with a team of world beaters in a ridiculously short space of time.
This has always been the case in recent years. Like I've mentioned above, hopefully they are looking at ways to improve the realism of ML. Keep the fun factor going but make things more challenging.
itstroff wrote: I'd imagine (and hope) that a lot of their time will be taken up with solving the option file problems on next gen....and you never know they might address the replay speed too.
I'm not 100% about PS4/XB1 option files but I can't imagine that fixing replays would be that hard to do! (think)
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

At least it's single player and we've got the option not use any exploits we find, but it does take away from the challenge of building a side. It must be a difficult balance though...on one hand I'd love a Football Manager level of detail but on the other I've not got the time to build up a title winning side over the course of an in-game decade. A separate negotiations difficulty setting would be good to bring back again.

My team at the minute are starting to creep up and over the 80+ rating mark. I do like it when you've been struggling through with defaults etc and as your side improves you start to notice new skill and passing animations.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

itstroff wrote: I'd love a Football Manager level of detail but on the other I've not got the time to but....
Yeah I've kind of said the same thing to myself for years, but it's probably a bad idea to go into a ridiculous level of management. It would put off more people than it would attract I reckon. I've never played a FM mobile game but I think that should be the deepest level for ML to go.

I'm actually going to start a 2016 ML for the first time tonight. From what I've read, it's a good mode this year. Realistically if they improve it by 20% next year then it should be a very solid mode. Very keen to get started tonight actually!
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

itstroff wrote: It must be a difficult balance though...on one hand I'd love a Football Manager level of detail but on the other I've not got the time to build up a title winning side over the course of an in-game decade.
That's more than fair. To be honest, PES could adopt quite a few things from FM - most especially its huge but still accurate players database - although I think it's just as vital for Konami to ensure the most important aspects of ML do not change: playing actual matches and player development.
Shales wrote: I'm actually going to start a 2016 ML for the first time tonight. From what I've read, it's a good mode this year. Realistically if they improve it by 20% next year then it should be a very solid mode. Very keen to get started tonight actually!
Between now and DP3, I'm going to get back to my Dortmund save. Although once the Winter transfers are out, I'll start my final ML of PES 2016. Should be a cracker!
✅ 🐦 💟

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DanWallyPESWorld » 1 year ago

Love a decent discussion!

From what i hear the PS4 option file is very very close to being sorted. It was very heavily tested prior to DP2 being released but they couldn't get it working. I think XBone will continue not having a proper share function.

The player database is a strange one, again only from what i hear from people who have helped with the stats and player info, the system they use is very restrictive and makes it very difficult to implement a high level of realism. It wont be just a case of changing the game but changing how the information is collected and implemented into the game.

Mike
Founder
Founder

DanWallyPESWorld wrote: It was very heavily tested prior to DP2 being released but they couldn't get it working. I think XBone will continue not having a proper share function.
While I expect you may be right about Xbox One, I'm fairly confident they'll get things sorted for PS4.

Speaking of which, I really hope they resurrect the 'Install Prequel Data' option for both next-gen consoles.

I've edited *so* much on PES this year, I'd be gutted if I couldn't transfer my work over to PES 2017. As well as all my backed up preset faces (Gerrard, Lampard, Vidic, etc), I've created over 30 teams from scratch! (crazy)
✅ 🐦 💟

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DanWallyPESWorld » 1 year ago

Yes to prequel data! This would be a massive help to so many people, and it would be nice to know it was going to be in the game. Then you could really focus on creating teams in preparation for the new game.

Also for a OF creator, to know this function was in the game means being able to release a day one file for people so its a huge advantage to Konami also.

Like you and many others ive edit the game to how i like it (i created one team so have huge respect to you for creating 30) but to do all this again in September/October is a daunting task.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

I think how the updates are going to be implemented at our end is going to give them a bit of a headache. It's not like 2K where it's 100% official players to deal with...with PES we've got generics and edited players floating round all over the place. The only way I can see it working is for them to only update certain leagues or giving us the option of which leagues we want to use updates on.

Mike
Founder
Founder

DanWallyPESWorld wrote: Like you and many others ive edit the game to how i like it (i created one team so have huge respect to you for creating 30) but to do all this again in September/October is a daunting task.
Exactly. I've made the full Bundesliga two years in a row now, and I don't really fancy doing it again for a third time! (think)

Looking ahead, I think it's vital for Konami and their fans to keep their ambitions high. Because for me, right now, the potential clearly isn't being met. And for someone who spends countless hours on Edit mode, I find it frustrating knowing that people with the power to change things are happy with the current situation.
itstroff wrote: The only way I can see it working is for them to only update certain leagues or giving us the option of which leagues we want to use updates on.
Although all the pieces are there, I'd say solving the final puzzle is probably easier said than done.

But differentiating all in-game teams/players would be a good place to start. Split them into three different categories: Licensed (A), Unlicensed (B) and Fictional (C).

That way, every time a new Data Pack is released, each user could choose what they want to update (i.e. your created leagues and corrected player names would be left untouched, but you'd still get all the new-and-updated content for leagues of England, France, Italy, Portugal and Spain).

A similar system could also be applied for ML, as well as an 'Allow Duplicates?' option (eg. Real Madrid's L. MODRIĆ would be playable but Croatia's D. CERKEZ, even an updated one, would be left out).
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Then there would the problem of how to deal with a player transferring from an editable league to a team in a locked down league. I can see this continuing to be a mess for a while to come.

Mike
Founder
Founder

itstroff wrote: Then there would the problem of how to deal with a player transferring from an editable league to a team in a locked down league. I can see this continuing to be a mess for a while to come.
You mean a real-life transfer? Or an transfer within ML?
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Real life

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

So I finally started a PES 2016 ML the other night for the first time. I have to say I actually really enjoyed what I played. The mode itself is still a touch on the shallow side for me. I'd still like to see more depth in the club management side of things. The presentation is pretty good, and I was impressed by the commentary references to stuff like new signings, form and even talking about my club being in debt!. Now I expect you probably hear everything in the first few games but it was just nice to hear these things. I was playing full manual on Superstar, with a standard club in the Championship. I found it rather challenging, which is great. Took me 3 games to win a match, and had to be switched on for the whole game otherwise I just got ripped apart. I found the AI to play differently too. The games weren't stretched like they tend to in MyClub, and I was finding it hard to create clear cut chances. Teams were actually crossing the ball consistently, which is pretty rare in PES these days. Found it genuinely satisfying to score which made me want to keep playing. I also didn't know how much GP you generate in the is mode! I've racked up definitely over 10k in a very short time.

Before I start my new game though, I need something answered from you guys? I have switched off the option to include the fakes leagues like PEU etc, but the players still remain in the game. I use the PEU league for my "Fun" teams that contain players with high ratings. I noticed that clubs in my ML were signing these players. i don't want that, so what are my options? Do I have to export these teams to USB, then default them in edit mode? That's all I can think of?
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Can you start the game up with the default teams/lineups and then create your ML save? I know on 360 I can choose USB as the storage device as the game loads up to avoid messing around in edit mode.