📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League Discussion Thread

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Re: What are your plans for Master League?

Post by Walker2o » 4 years ago

I've not long sold my PC but the mods available for the teams and what not were something else. If only Konami started getting the lesser rated players faces a bit better. Outside the top teams in a lower division in likenesses entirely. Completely liveable though.

PSN: Walker2k7

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Also lads, who do you recommend picking up from the mass amount of free agents...

Reus is my first bet, thinking Pirlo next. I like the fact you still need to spend a lot of money to pick the free agents up

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

Pirlo might be a risk due to his age. Don't wanna be paying over the odds for a player who may retire at the end of the season.

Luca Cigarini isn't a bad passer of the ball and he's only 29. A bit of a Pirlo lite actually. Could be worth a look.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Only if pirlo is cheap I'll be purchasing him. Waiting for the transfer update before I start ML properly. Will need to have a look through the MLS and Bundesliga players that are in the game

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 4 years ago

It's great to read these early impressions of ML lads.

I think I'll more or less dive straight in. I'll have to spend some time removing the most obvious duplicate players in National Team selection first though. I'll do the other editing jobs in between ML sessions and prepare for a 'Proper' ML further down the line.

Think I'll create a custom South American league by replacing the fake PLA league with the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana teams and use one of the weaker teams with a nice kit.

Can't wait. Hoping ShopTo come up trumps and I get it tomorrow, so I can hammer it before going to work my night shift.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Sounds good to me, I'm just happy they've fixed the CPU scores.

Looking forward to being able to get a proper game done.. The last few games didn't have any staying power.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

I'm very tempted to go through all the ageing players I can think of such as Kaka, Ronaldinho, possibly and take them down to 16-18 year olds along with editing their stats accordingly.. Think it would add something to the game, any of you guys done something similar?

I had an FM game mode that was like this, worked brilliantly.

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 4 years ago

Walker2o wrote:I'm very tempted to go through all the ageing players I can think of such as Kaka, Ronaldinho, possibly and take them down to 16-18 year olds along with editing their stats accordingly.. Think it would add something to the game, any of you guys done something similar?

I had an FM game mode that was like this, worked brilliantly.
That's a good idea, I think it would work well for ML. If good players like that are in the game, why not use them!?

I like the regen players myself, ML needs a bit of 'fantasy' about it imo. The problem is with veteran players eg Gerrard- much slower, poor stamina and now a DM anchor man. Nothing like Gerrard at his peak. When he regens, his stats take a bigger hit- stamina in the 60s or something. It's a great idea to recreate them as younger guys.

I noticed that PESMASTER has stats from all the players from PES 5 that could be useful with your editing.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

I know how to track regens in fifa, how does it work on PES?

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Walker2o wrote:I know how to track regens in fifa, how does it work on PES?
If it works like last year: You'll find them in the free agents at the start of the season after they've retired.
I think a certain amount appear in that team's youth system, too, as they just seem to appear in the same team at 16 years old the following season. And I know that certainly happens with some of your own retired players. (or at least squad originals)

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

You get job offers during the season this year. :o
Just got offered the Liverpool job because they're underperforming. Also, my fans have now nicknamed Giroud "The Kandoo". Lmao

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

How is the editing going? I want to get it finished before I start ML once the data pack comes out. Finding it's taking around 15-25 mins a team. That's fixing everything though

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

I finished the Premier League names and kits on Friday and have been playing a temporary Master League until the transfer patch is out.
I haven't bothered with managers yet, but the managers don't seem to be mentioned by name or anything in the news, so it's no biggie.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

It's the Stadiums and things I like to get fixed along with the Rivals. I'm hoping the Rivals actually have an impact with commentators talking about the derby matches. Looking to finish BPL and Serie A/B by the end of the week, then get the Championship in as and when I can. I'll be playing in the Italian League so wont ever see the Championships teams.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

The main problem I have with regens is that they spoil the whole youth scouting process. You could spend ages looking for players and pouring over ratings/stats...or you could just wait a year and sign Drogba and Totti for a pittance.

If they randomised the stats a bit that would suit me. I'm not so fussed about seeing familiar names or 16 year olds with 35 year old's faces. But it's got to be much more satisfying developing an unknown that you found rather than signing up kids you 100% know will develop into world class players.