📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League Discussion Thread

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What are your plans for Master League?

Post by Walker2o » 4 years ago

Missingno1990 wrote:Real seem to be a selling team on my save. They're sitting in 4th place with a butchered squad.
I'm still not sure whether to do all the SPFL teams or just some and then some from other leagues and have a European league. Definitely nice to see some Scottish kits made, though. I'll probably try and make some players myself and compare their face to a picture or something. It can't be any worse than the effortless generic faces Konami do by default. :lol:

http://pesworldforum.co.uk/thread/182/p ... ollTo=4039

SPFL teams on that

PSN: Walker2k7

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

Downloaded them last night. The lad has done a fantastic job on them.
I also read that they'll be doing stat conversions from FM, so that'll be handy for when I make some players.

I'll probably start with the (not so) mighty Rangers and try to get player likenesses at least half decent and move on from there.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Just be careful to not lose them when the data pack kicks in. Would keep a note of the changes you make

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Just skelped what's left of Real Madrid 7-0 in the first leg of the Champions League semis.
They still haven't replaced Varane or Ramos, and Marcelo was suspect at the back as usual. :lol:

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

Anyone had an in game injury yet? I've seen people have had players injured in training, so glad that's in at least.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Yeah, Matic put Sanchez out for 3 months. Chelsea are really dirty b****** in derby matches.

Training injuries have ranged between a week to 6 weeks for me so far.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Aaaaaand I just thumped Bayern 8-1 in the final.

Their manager changed from their usual 4-3-3 to the most open 4-4-2 you'll ever see. Got it horribly wrong, especially with the pace in my team.

Had just lost 1-0 to Chelsea in the FA Cup final, so it was nice to grab a trophy. Yet to beat Chelsea, though. They don't mind ruining the game to grab the win. I wish Bayern had shown the same fight.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

Missingno1990 wrote:Yeah, Matic put Sanchez out for 3 months. Chelsea are really dirty b****** in derby matches.

Training injuries have ranged between a week to 6 weeks for me so far.
That's all good then. Really itching to start mine now.

Marshall2000_uk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Marshall2000_uk » 4 years ago

I've lost 2 players to injury. One happened in a game and the other was a training ground injury. 3 and 4 weeks respectively.

On a more sour note I accidently accepted the job at Ipswich Town. I was flying with Nottingham Forest. Could have cried. I think I clicked on the contract to see what it did but tried to back out by pressing circle instead of X. I didn't realise it had already accepted the contract and carried on playing regardless, then Jan came and I moved clubs. No recent back up save and its on auto save so I reluctantly went to Ipswich. Better that than starting again.

I've also gone up to Top Player and its more interesting TBH. No more spamming the ball over the top and I'm having to work really hard for victories. I wish I had the pace that I had at Forest though. Hope they offer me my old job back.

Edit. Also something interesting. My team is gonna be playing in a testimonial at the end of the season. It's saying stars from all over the world will come to pay in it. Not sure if it's for Paddy Kenny as he is retiring st the end of the season but it's not clear who it's for.

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 4 years ago

Marshall2000_uk wrote:I've lost 2 players to injury. One happened in a game and the other was a training ground injury. 3 and 4 weeks respectively.

On a more sour note I accidently accepted the job at Ipswich Town. I was flying with Nottingham Forest. Could have cried. I think I clicked on the contract to see what it did but tried to back out by pressing circle instead of X. I didn't realise it had already accepted the contract and carried on playing regardless, then Jan came and I moved clubs. No recent back up save and its on auto save so I reluctantly went to Ipswich. Better that than starting again.

I've also gone up to Top Player and its more interesting TBH. No more spamming the ball over the top and I'm having to work really hard for victories. I wish I had the pace that I had at Forest though. Hope they offer me my old job back.

Edit. Also something interesting. My team is gonna be playing in a testimonial at the end of the season. It's saying stars from all over the world will come to pay in it. Not sure if it's for Paddy Kenny as he is retiring st the end of the season but it's not clear who it's for.

Couldn't help but have a chuckle at your Ipswich Town woes! I can imagine how gutted you must have been. I'm sure you can build them up to be as good soon.

Sorry mate

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Marshall2000_uk wrote:I've lost 2 players to injury. One happened in a game and the other was a training ground injury. 3 and 4 weeks respectively.

It's a testimonial for all of the top players that retire at the end of the season. I posted the squad that I played against on my first season just a few posts back. ;)

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Since we've already gone on to general Master league talk instead of plans, I've noticed a few things:

CPU players develop only at their expected rate, no one seems to break the trend, or receive bonuses from team mates' abilities.

Same goes for the ability things; all CPU players are still lvl 1, meaning that my players aside, only Ronaldo and Messi will be considered legends. (i think that's what the top one is called anyway.)

There's no CPU fatigue again either. It seems that the game ignores quite a lot of features on the CPU teams end of the game. :/

Overall, everything is great, but loaning players out seems like a waste, and there'll be no real surprise developments by the looks of things.

On my side of things,I'm really pushing for domestic success this season, still not won a domestic trophy at all. Sold Ozil and Gaitan. Bought Neymar, and it looks like I'll be able to sign Ronaldo from PSG from what my scout has said. Brought Totti, Rio Ferdinand, and Wes Brown through the youths, so that's 3 promising youngsters. :lol:

And on a footnote 41 year old Luca Toni has rolled back the years and become my top striker with Italy.

Marshall2000_uk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Marshall2000_uk » 4 years ago

BunglesFinger wrote: Couldn't help but have a chuckle at your Ipswich Town woes! I can imagine how gutted you must have been. I'm sure you can build them up to be as good soon.

Sorry mate
Haha no worries. Yeah I've already signed some players that are good. I got a LWF who's young and already half decent and a young Brazilian lad from my youth team and already made him my no1 striker. He's already rated 72 and looking very promising. If I do leave ill have to take him with me. Although I'm trying to push for the last play off spot. I'm only 5 points behind Middlesbrough but it's gonna be tough now I'm on Top Player.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Missingno1990 wrote:Since we've already gone on to general Master league talk instead of plans, I've noticed a few things:

CPU players develop only at their expected rate, no one seems to break the trend, or receive bonuses from team mates' abilities.

Same goes for the ability things; all CPU players are still lvl 1, meaning that my players aside, only Ronaldo and Messi will be considered legends. (i think that's what the top one is called anyway.)

There's no CPU fatigue again either. It seems that the game ignores quite a lot of features on the CPU teams end of the game. :/

Overall, everything is great, but loaning players out seems like a waste, and there'll be no real surprise developments by the looks of things.

On my side of things,I'm really pushing for domestic success this season, still not won a domestic trophy at all. Sold Ozil and Gaitan. Bought Neymar, and it looks like I'll be able to sign Ronaldo from PSG from what my scout has said. Brought Totti, Rio Ferdinand, and Wes Brown through the youths, so that's 3 promising youngsters. :lol:

And on a footnote 41 year old Luca Toni has rolled back the years and become my top striker with Italy.
Do they go back to the same positions as they were before and to the same rating? Would be alright if the regen could turn out to be a bad player.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Same position, but start with pretty low stats.
I reckon they'll become better than the original over a few seasons, purely because they started off old and past their best. It depends on how they develop, though. I don't think there's any gurantee that they'll turn out great.