📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League Discussion Thread

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Re: What are your plans for Master League?

Post by Walker2o » 4 years ago

Missingno1990 wrote:Same position, but start with pretty low stats.
I reckon they'll become better than the original over a few seasons, purely because they started off old and past their best. It depends on how they develop, though. I don't think there's any gurantee that they'll turn out great.
Would be interesting if they came back and ronaldo had less pace and needed to be played more like a striker. Gerrard turning into a defensive anchorman as opposed to a box to box. Bit of variety as opposed to just waiting for him to get good again.

PSN: Walker2k7

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Finally managed to get some game time into ML... On the verge of winning my second trophy after 3 games :lol: As I took over Barca. It would be good that if you took over a big team and you are a new manager, the team spirit dropped. I'm also hoping that if you take over a team that is struggling then the team spirit is low. Found the transfer fees to be quite high which is good, as it's tough to get big names in with only £20mil to spend in the first summer.. I've nearly not been able to sign anyone as the fees have been too high. The games as well have started to be in daytime.

Plans for the season are to sign Reus, a pacey centre half and that winger guy from Sassuolo. Clear out all the kinda poor squad players and start bringing through youth. Once the DP1 is out my Milan career will begin.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

I have a ridiculously overpowered team now.

Kicked off the league with a poor 1-1 draw to West Ham, but smashed everyone else. I've averaged around 5 goals per game in the first couple of months.
Even managed to beat Chelsea this time round.

I can't wait for the DP so that i can get stuck right in and build from scratch.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

How many seasons you in and on superstar? I don't want it to turn out to be too easy!

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

I'm in my third season, and yes it's on superstar.

I do have Sanchez, Neymar, Ronaldo, Oscar, Walcott, Iturbe, Ramsey, Wilshere to swap in those wide/attacking midfield roles, as well as to play off or swap with Giroud. I have Varane's leadership role firing my players up, as well as Ronaldo's legend role having that effect as well as others.

The CPU will probably learn to stop my attack as they have done in previous seasons, but i have so much depth that I'll be able to swap things around easily. :lol:

My team isn't as young as one I'd look to build from scratch, though. Even the younger players were already pretty well developed before signing them.
I reckon it'd take at least 7/8 seasons to build anywhere near as strong a team with a 2nd tier team.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Managed to sneak in a couple of games tonight. 1-1 draw with Reading in the cup, in which I was lucky to take to penalties and win. So, it seems I've been found out a bit.

And then an easy 9-0 victory against one of the fake teams in the Champions League. (First one in 3 seasons)

It seems pretty rare that a team will look to stop you playing in Europe. Only one of the Dutch teams tried it against me. I hope I'm wrong, though, especially after an 8-1 final win last season.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Looking to get q good session in today. Played the euro super cup final. very tough 4-3 against sevilla, Carlos bacca is a machine. Had to play very defensively and get them on the break. Leading 1-0 with an early goal, went down 2-1 then scored 2 either side of half time. They brought it back to 3-3 and I scored in the last 10 mins! First time in a long while I've celebrated playing the PlayStation :lol: looking forward to starting the season. Seems like signing young players is very difficult as the teams don't want to sell

Marshall2000_uk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Marshall2000_uk » 4 years ago

So I applied for my old job back at Forest and got it. Quite happy about that. I did manage to steer Ipswich to the play-off final though. If I had gone up I'd have probably stayed TBH. Lost to a last minute goal against a tough Hull side. My team had no energy and it was like moving through treacle. It did kinda annoy me that Hull's players were depleted of stamina too but still managed to run around like they still had some left but ah we'll I don't want it to be easy either :P

I have noticed one thing though. The game is so hard when you move clubs because your team spirit is so low but once that it goes up its a lot easier (obviously) but I get the feeling that's why some are finding the game so easy. Once it's high it's much easier to get the ball back and score goals. I am only on top player but I moved up from professional and it didn't seem that bigger jump TBH. It may be something Konami may need to look into as well as the keepers. I've heard some ppl saying there rubbish online but good offline. Well after a season of ML in the Championship I can tell u there not very good offline either. So many shots that are really close to the keeper go in. They should be saved 9 out of 10 times. I actually think it would make the game harder. It's not too bigger complaint from me about difficulty TBH. I've not exactly gone and won the championship or anything and I'm not st Superstar level either. Just more an observation of what others are saying, maybe Konami need a god mode for those people haha.

Anyway back at Forest bringing through some very promising youth players. Lost my first game to Blackburn 3-0. Fortunately my team spirit has still gone up by 2 so at least it can only get better.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

To be honest, the goalies on Superstar difficulty are solid. I had Hugo Lloris pull off a triple save against me last night. Most people complain about goalkeepers not saving the ball being placed in the bottom corner, but watch MotD and tell me how many one on ones placed to the corner get saved. It's not many at all. ;)
If anything, it's shooting that needs tweaked. It's too easy to get that perfect shot, especially with Ronaldo, Neymar, etc.

Some people actually blame the keepers and don't realise it's their defence that's the problem. My Arsenal team can get 10 shots to 1 and draw 1-1.
The fact is, i get caught open, and I'd expect the striker to score 9 times out of 10. On the other hand, I'm up against 9/10 defenders at times and can't get the same shot on goal. Keepers are tweaked depending on difficulty, but the defensive AI also leaves much more openings, leaving the keepers pretty useless overall.

The keepers aren't flawless, granted. But neither are real keepers. :P

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

I'm finding it's defending rather than goalkeepers that's the problem! Can't keep a clean sheet at all, usually conceding in the last half an hour. I can't find players to sign either, managed to pick up javi martinez for 11mil, selling xavi for 10. Trying to sign young talent is extremely difficult. Also tried playing a high pressing game, couldn't get it to work until I used the man marking feature either. Team spirit dropped 17 points due to tactical changes, however I found that playing martinez didn't drop it any after that as he was searched using the tactics filters in negotiations. He made his debut on my first champions league game, away 2-2 draw to Arsenal. I found then to be unplayable in the first half, managing to take the lead with a Messi/Suarez counter attack. Eventually going down 2-1. Once I changed my pressing and man marking I managed to get back in the game but I really can't get the ball off of most teams using the standing tackle feature. Is almost entirely useless anywhere around the box, what are your experiences with it?

Looking forward to playing arsenal at home and seeing how they play next time.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

I've found defending to be alright. I was getting caught out by the long ball a lot, though.

I've got high pressing with my main attacking formation and all out defence for my defensive formation, as well as having less numbers on attack phases and more during defensive phases. I always defend using a deep player and pressure using square and look to force mistakes and then make the tackle.

Don't be afraid to slide tackle either. Time it well and you're more likely to win the ball cleanly this year. I've managed to steal the ball from a strikers toe on many occasions. ;)

I have everything set up through the one gameplan, so that I can change defensive styles and numbers in attack and defence with a touch of the d-pad. (y)

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Haha that is my usual plan, Mascherano is a slide tackling expert.. Busquets not so much. I'm hoping at some point we'll see the monthly reports done for the teams we're playing against in the future. It would be nice to have a report on the opposition coming into a big game, i.e The Champions League final. Or is that a thing and I haven't got it yet. Or if you have a scout spare, you can assign him a team to watch knowing that the big game is coming up and so that you don't get bombarded with reports.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Walker2o wrote:Haha that is my usual plan, Mascherano is a slide tackling expert.. Busquets not so much. I'm hoping at some point we'll see the monthly reports done for the teams we're playing against in the future. It would be nice to have a report on the opposition coming into a big game, i.e The Champions League final. Or is that a thing and I haven't got it yet. Or if you have a scout spare, you can assign him a team to watch knowing that the big game is coming up and so that you don't get bombarded with reports.
It's strange. I'm yet to see any opposition scouting reports, but I'm sure they were mentioned in the trailer. (think)
I might have a look through other team info and the like through the menus and see if I come across it later on.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

I don't remember any mention of it, would be useful to know if I need to watch out for early attacks and what not.. Definitely means the CPU has some element of tactics throughout the season.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Finally had my first clean sheet in a 5 nil away win at Celta Vigo. They played so defensive it was easy to coast the game. Adrian scored my best pes goal yet, ran from my goal line down the right wing, skinning half the team til he got into the box and put it in the corner with a little help of a deflection.. Would've went mental if the guy had blocked it!