📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Have PES 2016 pre-ordered, but....

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool

Have PES 2016 pre-ordered, but....

Post by JohnCB2013 » 4 years ago

Hey! guys,

Not been on here for quite a while, long time PES/WE fan, however lost a little faith last year with PES 2015, felt the game lost a lot of licensed stuff from 2014 and personally got fed up Konami only releasing updates for My Club, hardly got any good Data Pack's in 2015 IMO.

As I mentioned in the subject, I do have PES 2016 on pre-order right now, but, I'm seriously considering going back to the dark side :shock: and picking up Fifa 16 instead, I'm not usually a great Fifa fan, but must admit I really like the look of the presentation side of the game they are going for this year in making the likes of the Premier League and Bundesliga as close to real life tv presentation as possible, big thing I feel as presentation for me is one of the first things I want done well in any sports game.

Also looking like the stadium selection will be crap once again in PES, while Fifa has tons of licensed stadiums including "all" stadiums for the Premier League.

Best thing about PES license-wise is no doubt CL/Europa, however I kind of get fed up with that license as it always seems wasted as so many of the teams are not licensed in the competition anyway.

So are any of you feeling the same way about PES 2016/Fifa 16, or are you all just sticking with PES?

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: Have PES 2016 pre-ordered, but....

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Welcome back JohnCB2013.

I am a massive PES man and don't really have any plans for FIFA 16. When the demp comes out I expect I'll give it a go as I have done for the last couple of years. From the videos I have seen so far, it still has an un-natural footballing look about it. I don't know if I can explain it well enough but what I mean is the players seem to move too fast as if the animation motion is set to 1.5x or something. The aminations themselves are great but game speed and flow of the games still seem as little un-realistic to me. At least they seem to have sorted out the player models though!

Can't argue with the points you make. The graphics (apart from faces) are still superior in FIFA, and the presention is crazy! If get a good vibe from the demo then I can always pick it up once it comes into the EA Access vault.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Thanks! for the welcome back Shales, appreciate it (y)

I've always stuck with PES (or the last couple of years Jap Winning Eleven) mainly because of the gameplay, I do normally prefer the PES gameplay I hold my hands up to that.

However, kind of getting a little fed up with the lack of licenses in PES both teams/stadiums etc. I know PES has never been a series known for it's licenses, but sometimes I find it harder to overlook when there's a clear option in that area.

The idea of playing a fully licensed Premier League and going around all the real stadiums with real chants and so on.... is very tempting, throw in the Bundesliga fully licensed and the overall presentation package and even (hopefully) gameplay looking better this year in Fifa 16, it's a tough choice for me this year, I certainly don't want two football games, so I'll have to think it over.

When Konami come out with the full/final licensed team/stadium list I will then "probably" find it a little easier to decide.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

Hi John! Great to see you posting here again! :-)

I guess the best piece of advice I can give is to play the game that gives you the most enjoyment - although that's not to say that you can't enjoy both.

Like I do every year, I'll give FIFA a go, although based on previous years I don't think I'll pick it up. Of course, the cosmetics of FIFA (licenses, matchday presentation, vanishing spray, etc) have always been strong, however, I'm not expecting EA to implement many, if any, significant gameplay improvements. For me, and remember that we're all different at the end of the day, I've always found FIFA gameplay to be rather repetitive and stale.
✅ 🐦 💟

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 4 years ago

I'm curious as to what platform you'll be playing on, as everything but Xbone will have option files with all the licenses and the like uploaded to the internet.
From what I've read from FIFA beta testers that it's practically the same game as FIFA 15, whereas PES does genuinely feel better again this year.
Matchday presentation is cool and all, but I tend to get bored of it after a little while, and despite having better quality commentary, FIFA chooses the most annoying commentary team possible. (n) It'll be interesting to hear the commentary with Peter Drury in PES this year, although it's usually the way Japanese handle voice clips that's the problem rather than the commentators or voice actors themselves. (Think Resident Evil *cringe*)
The thing about stadiums is, provided they don't put a club in a ridiculously big stadium, do you really notice too much of a difference during the match?

I recommend that you choose the game that you prefer gameplaywise. The PES modding community is fantastic, and you'll have plenty of licenses and the like added to the game pretty quickly.

But if finances allow it, why not both? :P

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Mike wrote:Hi John! Great to see you posting here again! :-)

I guess the best piece of advice I can give is to play the game that gives you the most enjoyment - although that's not to say that you can't enjoy both.

Like I do every year, I'll give FIFA a go, although based on previous years I don't think I'll pick it up. Of course, the cosmetics of FIFA (licenses, matchday presentation, vanishing spray, etc) have always been strong, however, I'm not expecting EA to implement many, if any, significant gameplay improvements. For me, and remember that we're all different at the end of the day, I've always found FIFA gameplay to be rather repetitive and stale.
Thanks! Mike :-)

I agree with much of what you've said above, I'm still torn right now, as I said I'm really waiting for Konami to release the final team/stadium list, wish they would not leave it until the last minute every year (crazy)

I guess the biggest pull this year for PES (for me) would be the revamped Master League (personally got bored with My Club) and the new commentary (at last!) will be good to hear how that sounds as well, other than that only what Konami does with the Euro 16 license has me wondering if I should stick with PES for another year.

I admit if it comes down to gameplay, then in the end I may stick with PES once again, just sometimes I think I'd really like having a football game with the whole Premier League fully licensed, as a life long Liverpool fan be nice to have all the proper licensed stuff that go with my team, I'm sure even yourself and Shales must sometimes wish the same about Arsenal having all this licensed treatment in a game?

Gets a bit much sometimes with PES only have a single licensed Premier League team now, at least they used to have two once upon a time, but, now only one every year, and to make things worse (being a Liverpool fan) it's always Man Utd (hmm)

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Missingno1990 wrote:I'm curious as to what platform you'll be playing on, as everything but Xbone will have option files with all the licenses and the like uploaded to the internet.
From what I've read from FIFA beta testers that it's practically the same game as FIFA 15, whereas PES does genuinely feel better again this year.
Matchday presentation is cool and all, but I tend to get bored of it after a little while, and despite having better quality commentary, FIFA chooses the most annoying commentary team possible. (n) It'll be interesting to hear the commentary with Peter Drury in PES this year, although it's usually the way Japanese handle voice clips that's the problem rather than the commentators or voice actors themselves. (Think Resident Evil *cringe*)
The thing about stadiums is, provided they don't put a club in a ridiculously big stadium, do you really notice too much of a difference during the match?

I recommend that you choose the game that you prefer gameplaywise. The PES modding community is fantastic, and you'll have plenty of licenses and the like added to the game pretty quickly.

But if finances allow it, why not both? :P
Hey! mate,

I play on PS4, I appreciate the fact that many people use option files, but personally not a great fan myself, I'd much rather have everything being official in the game, any editing on PES I have to do myself so I know exactly what changes have been made, not keen on using other people's option files although fair play to them for the work they put into them. (y)

I only ever correct the English team names myself, don't have the time to go overboard with editing, and at the end of the day it never really adds much for me, I still know I'm playing as Merseyside Red.

I understand your point about the stadiums, but, from a presentation point of view going around every Premier League stadium in a season adds a lot IMO, playing most games in PES at Konami stadium gets rather old.

As I've already said though, there's still a chance I'll stick with PES mainly for gameplay reasons, I could get both, but, not keen on having two football games, I find one football game takes up a lot of time, and I like to play many other game genres as well on my consoles, so certainly not considering buying both PES & Fifa at this time.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

JohnCB2013 wrote: I admit if it comes down to gameplay, then in the end I may stick with PES once again, just sometimes I think I'd really like having a football game with the whole Premier League fully licensed, as a life long Liverpool fan be nice to have all the proper licensed stuff that go with my team, I'm sure even yourself and Shales must sometimes wish the same about Arsenal having all this licensed treatment in a game?
Yes of course. It was great when Arsenal were a licensed team back in the PS2 days. I am not going to lie, last year was tough because there wasn't any import options on the next gen consoles, so it really was just "North London Reds". I can though easily handle not having the Team License for the EPL but if PES was ever to be without the Player License then that would be hard to take. What was espeically nice with PS2 was having Highbury in the game :-)

I must say though that the most fun I have in PES each year is playing 1v1s or 2v2s with mates, and we only use custom teams. So basically we don't touch the Real teams. Of course I'd absolutely love to have the EPL license because then we can play Master League on day 1 without having the problems of waiting on Option Files being ready. Hopefully though this year, a day 1 option file will be possible!!
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

KPSNV
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by KPSNV » 4 years ago

JohnCB2013 wrote:Hey! guys,

Not been on here for quite a while, long time PES/WE fan, however lost a little faith last year with PES 2015, felt the game lost a lot of licensed stuff from 2014 and personally got fed up Konami only releasing updates for My Club, hardly got any good Data Pack's in 2015 IMO.

As I mentioned in the subject, I do have PES 2016 on pre-order right now, but, I'm seriously considering going back to the dark side :shock: and picking up Fifa 16 instead, I'm not usually a great Fifa fan, but must admit I really like the look of the presentation side of the game they are going for this year in making the likes of the Premier League and Bundesliga as close to real life tv presentation as possible, big thing I feel as presentation for me is one of the first things I want done well in any sports game.

Also looking like the stadium selection will be crap once again in PES, while Fifa has tons of licensed stadiums including "all" stadiums for the Premier League.

Best thing about PES license-wise is no doubt CL/Europa, however I kind of get fed up with that license as it always seems wasted as so many of the teams are not licensed in the competition anyway.

So are any of you feeling the same way about PES 2016/Fifa 16, or are you all just sticking with PES?
A lot of the points raised here really echo how I feel about the series these days. Sick of all the rewards being for MyClub. What about those of us that don't play (a minority perhaps)? Yet again at launch, Konami promised us more data packs, of which we only got 3? 4? The live updates were introduced but yet again, a huge disappointment - only being able to play as new players in exhibition mode, and being unable to edit them - they might well have not bothered in all honesty.

And again, we were promised more licenses than ever before, and news to come in June. June came and went with nothing. Safe to say there will be no new licenses in PES 2016. And having Brazilian teams being licensed following the absolute comedy of the Brazilian league in PES 2015 should NOT be considered a victory in that department. This is the thing that annoys and perplexes me the most - if they can have an unlicensed English and Portuguese League, not to mention LOADS of unlicensed National teams (another massive step backwards that seemed to go largely unnoticed in PES 2015), then why the hell can't they do it with the German, Belgian, Russian, Turkish, Greek etc leagues too? If there are copyright issues with the Bundesliga or whatever, just change the league/team names. Hell, call it the Lederhosen league if you have to - just let us be able to edit it ourselves! Get the Chilean league back in there too - if you're not gonna bother giving us any new teams then you might as well!

It's all well and good promising the world every time a new game is announced, but when you fail to deliver on those promises, you are essentially cheating your (extremely loyal) fan base - it's a wonder they are still selling as many copies as they are. For a good few years now, there has been very little change from year to year regarding licenses and I think it's about time Konami addressed the problem one way or the other. Completely agree that the CL and UL licenses feel somewhat wasted with all the ridiculous fake teams. Why can't they just find other European teams that they have included previously that have been fairly regularly competing in Europe for the last few years. What in the world could possibly make them think creating a few nonsensical fake teams to fill in the gaps would be in any way enjoyable?

Like I said, fed up with no new features in new games. It's about time they tried to make a step up. I haven't bought a PES since 2014 came out, I played 2015, and enjoyed the gameplay, but yet again too many stupid annoying issues. The only reason they are still even selling enough to continue making PES is the fact that there are no other decent football games on the market to force Konami to raise their game. I have generally always preferred PES to FIFA, but until a new PES title adds something new, something substantial, I will refuse to spend £50 on a slightly-improved-but-essentially-the-same game
Last edited by Mike on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate language

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

An update from me, I've made my decision, is it PES or Fifa you may ask? well, neither actually. :o

Just not convinced by either game right now, :( very concerned with PES as usual being so close to release and still no list on licensed teams/stadiums, all points to nothing new/exciting being added, the odd licensed Brazil club team just does not cut it for me, still don't even know if players will be licensed (real names) for all the Brazil club teams featured in PES, if it's just the kits then that's pointless "to me" (I appreciate some may be content with that, I'm not), the argument that it's hard to get Brazil club teams licensed does not work for me either, if that's the case then go after leagues that you can get fully licensed instead, makes more sense to me.

As for Fifa, just don't think that's the answer either if I'm honest, I truly wanted PES to jump out at me this year as it was 100% the football game I wanted to be buying, just can see a repeat of last year's game already in my eyes, in other words going backwards on licenses and Konami putting all efforts and updates into the boring My Club.

I should just add that I play an awful lot of games from various genres on different consoles so I think I needed PES to be something more special this year to pull me away from my other games and dedicate enough time to it, sadly just not impressed, demo also IMO was just ok, nothing that really got me excited.

I appreciate and fully understand a lot of you on here will be more than happy with PES this year and fair enough, I hope you all get more out of the game than I feel I would, "IF" I'm wrong about the licences and what I've said above (about My Club etc.) then I may well be back and have a change of heart, don't see that happening though. (wave)