Master League Gems

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Master League Gems

Post by Missingno1990 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Just a wee thread to share and discuss the gems we've come across in Master League. Whether it be an average player who turns out to be a great player, or a great player who becomes that world class talent. Share it with the rest of us ya selfish bugger! :lol: (y)

I'll kick things off:

John Stones: He started off as a pretty good centre back and soon developed into a very, very good defender. Not quite as good as Varane or Mertesacker (my other 2 centre backs) as of yet in terms of defence, but is a far better general footballer. He has 87 OPR for me currently, and went through a phase where he was improving on a weekly basis.

Hector Bellerin: The speedy right back developed at a steady pace over the first season, and had a phase in the second where he had a stat increase on a weekly basis. His speed stats are already maxed out and despite being an average dribbler, he can still beat a man with ease. Also great on the overlap and gets back to defensive duties really quickly.

Nicolas Gaitan: Can play almost anywhere in behind the striker and boasts some fantastic technical ability.
Every bit as good as Ozil in the AMF role, if not better, and has the Classic No.10 ability for anyone who likes that in their team.

Mathieu Flamini: Yes, you can stop rubbing your eyes. Whoever said you can't teach an old dog new tricks has never met Flamini. Unlike the previous mentions, he's in decline, but seemed to pick up a few new tricks from the more flashy team mates. Couple with the ability to break up play in the midfield, he makes a fantastic holding midfielder. I'd probably only recommend to a lower to mid table team due to him being in decline. Selling him was hard, though. Even as title challengers.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Re: Master League Gems

Post by Walker2o » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:11 am

Marco Reus <- Available from the start unless you have made Dortmund. Scored a hat trick on his debut for me against Bologna, so easy to go by players with the ball.
PSN: Walker2k7

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:02 am

Embolo: Young striker, v fast decent fiinisher and great dribbler. Develops pretty quickly

Malcom: Young winger, v fast and good dribbler, great at shot feints and becomes protege in my ML.

Ceballos: Can play CM, AM, LWF and good all rounder. Leader role and only 19. Seems to get injured a bit tho.

D. Suarez: Great midfielder for me, good technique, dribbling and passing. Adept at most playing styles as well.

Kongolo and Laporte: around 10/11m each but both good young ball playing CBs. E. Bertrand, Pulgar and R. Bazoer also all pretty good, Bazoer also able to play in MF.

Eca/Chaves: Full backs that can play on both sides, young and pretty quick.

Lamela: Signed on loan and attained superstar role in the first game, will try to get on a full come the end of this season.

As is obvious I love signing starlets. Theres more ive got but can only remember these atm.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:29 pm

If you are playing with the ML default squad and have updated transfers yourself (or even if you haven't, he will probably be cheap) then Ben Amos from Man Utd is a good starting keeper, think he starts off in the high 60s roughly but half a season in and he is at about 72-73 OVR and developing nicely every game. Reckon he will be doing rather well for me for a while!

Other than that, I snapped up some youth players who are developing well, Niellander and Aartman, both look like they could become very good.

Sio is a good cheap striker, quick with good dribbling and finishing.

Munir from Barcelona, snapped him up stupidly cheap during the January transfer window and he seems rather good with a good chance for development.

Ilur Mendes (might just be called M.Ilur or something like that) a LWF who can play LMF and I believe RMF as well. He banged in a hattrick for me on his debut so I was pretty pleased!

I also snapped up Tyler Blackett in January from Man Utd for about 80k and a right back called V. Johnstson (I believe) who is absolutely rapid, like 90 pace, perfect for an early ML right back!

Still in the January transfer window so I may bring in a couple of others, I have mainly been signing under 21's in the high 60's ratings as they have plenty of scope for development and if I can get someone to develop like Amos, who is waaaay above his expected curve, then I could have some real gems.

Oh and Arcas, the default AMF for ML teams, is an absolute gem and has had offers as high as 8million coming in this January :) But he is bloody brilliant and is going nowhere!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:43 pm

This is slighly unrelated. I am shocked that Konami didn't stick the old school master league players in for the default ML squad. Especially with the whole revamp to the mode, and being the 20th Anniversary and all. I'd give Konami a 2 out of 10 for use of the 20th Anniversary tag. If I was in charge I'd have chucked so much nostalgic content into the game. Just having the Queen song in the game doesn't cut ot for me. A missed opportunity.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Shales wrote:This is slighly unrelated. I am shocked that Konami didn't stick the old school master league players in for the default ML squad. Especially with the whole revamp to the mode, and being the 20th Anniversary and all. I'd give Konami a 2 out of 10 for use of the 20th Anniversary tag. If I was in charge I'd have chucked so much nostalgic content into the game. Just having the Queen song in the game doesn't cut ot for me. A missed opportunity.
Yeah I know what you mean, could have brought back Castollo, Da Silva (ISS Pro Evolution 1!) I vaguely remember Da Silva having red boots and being an absolute legend when partnered with Babangida who was a 9 pace and could be bought with the initial starting money! They could have done a mish mash of ISS/PES master league players or maybe even randomized the starting squad with a variety of default players from the games over the years.

Oh and they could have brought back this of course, when PES 2014 had the add soundtrack option, this was the first song I put in it :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxqmAxDlYU

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:32 pm

ukexplicit1984 wrote:Oh and they could have brought back this of course, when PES 2014 had the add soundtrack option, this was the first song I put in it :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxqmAxDlYU
:lol:

Speaking of which, here's my guilty pleasure from that era...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3rILx-ndc[/youtube]

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Oh god, I had forgotten about that one! What a tune! :-D

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:17 pm

ukexplicit1984 wrote:Oh god, I had forgotten about that one! What a tune! :-D
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upo_mCc ... Be&index=8[/youtube]

Cant be forgetting about this classic :lol: There's another song who's name escapes me.. was similar to Fall out boy/ Foo Fighters cross over and was about the tea, or goal or something.. was a classic.

EDIT: Found it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaFVwTY ... 6&index=12[/youtube]
I'm glad this went off topic.. listening to the 2008 soundtrack and the nostalgia is ridiculous :lol "we're going to play football, SOCCER!" :lol:
PSN: Walker2k7

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Oh god, I had forgotten about both of those and the flashing replay trails! Classic!

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DanWallyPESWorld » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Nice post this, like talking about little gems, Hector Bellerin is a great signing to have!.

I guess it depends on what you do with your ML. I took all the legends, docked them -10 on every stat and then entered them into the world with various teams. Was nice to see varying degrees of success with these players. Not many make to the big teams thought. Daltrey aka Shearer is a PSG but i think this is the biggest move so far.

I also started my master league before the transfers were completey sorted so Luc Castaignos eventually became a 91 rated striker for my Leeds team

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:35 pm

DanWallyPESWorld wrote: I took all the legends, docked them -10 on every stat and then entered them into the world with various teams. Was nice to see varying degrees of success with these players. Not many make to the big teams thought. Daltrey aka Shearer is a PSG but i think this is the biggest move so far.
That's a great idea!

Quite a coincidence though, this week I've actually been editing the European/World Classic players, adding real names and creating a few replacements (Henry, Pires and Ljungberg). Once DP3 is out, I'll start a new ML and try to sign these players for my Arsenal side! :-D

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DanWallyPESWorld » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:22 am

I forgot to add that i made them all kids, so between the ages of 16-21.

Yeh im getting to the stage of my Master League where i might start again, after DP3 seems the natural time. I wanted to add in the kids, the proper legends, and them some "Special Gems", like mates etc. It just makes everything seem more fun when there are extra home made players about.

What stats did you use for your Arsenal legends? I found a great face maker for some Gunners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUR1nTGkzqs - Lee Dixon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vw5BFXTUQE - Ray Parlour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYewSCidhlY - Martin Keown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2eCZ9ECAb0 - Petit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92aMBdomoEE - Vieira
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscIqT77xRo - Adams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3BM6RIT5eU - Campbell

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:39 am

DanWallyPESWorld wrote: It just makes everything seem more fun when there are extra home made players about.
Don't forget to back up the likes of Ramires, Valdes, Vidic and the many other preset faces that are expected to be removed by DP3. Full list here. ;)

I definitely used that Vieira one. But for Bergkamp, Henry and Pires, I just used the first result of my Google search. As for their stats, I did them myself from scratch.

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DanWallyPESWorld » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:04 pm

99 for everything? ;)

Thanks for the list of faces to save! I dont know why they have to remove them all, They should just make them free agents if their team is not featured.

After the original transfer fiasco, it was nice they left all the places as free agents before removing them. Thats when i started my ML so have a big pool of players.