Picked up the game....

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool

Picked up the game....

Post by JohnCB2013 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Hey! guys,

Quick update from me, after so much thought over whether or not to go to the dark side and go with Fifa this year, I finally decided I just had to stick with PES (or actually for me WE2016 Jap version :-) ).

At the end of the day it come down to the reason I've always been a PES fan, "gameplay"

Anyway, so far so good, only playing Exhibition and My Club matches for now, going to save the revamped Master League until the late October update is out, don't want to spoil the experience playing with out of date squads, the likes of Glen Johnson, Gerrard and Sterling etc. still at Liverpool is a bit to much to look past.

One thing I really like this year (never noticed it in the last few games?) is being able to get the commentators to say many of the unlicenced club names, to hear them say "Liverpool" in the game is great! (y)

In fact the commentary for the most part is better all round, I actually have it set to the Jap commentary when I play on my Jap account which always sounds good and the new English commentary with Peter Drury on my main English account, certainly prefer Drury's delivery to Jon Champion, however Beglin sadly is pretty much identical to previous years with the same sentences I've heard for years (crazy)

Biggest negative (which nearly stopped me buying the game this year) is still the lack of licences, it's bad enough that no new ones seem to be added, but what I really hate is that Konami lose ones they already had every year, this time I've already noticed massive licences like the Argentinian "Primera Division" missing and also the Portugal NT, also still no England or Wembley Stadium, very frustrating, it certainly makes you wonder what on earth Konami will do with the Euro 16 licence, they hardly have any licenced national teams or stadiums in the game at all, so the Euro 16 licence they got hold of seems a strange one to say the least.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Re: Picked up the game....

Post by Missingno1990 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:43 pm

The commentary names came in last year, and they've even added ones for Italian cities.
Jon Champion managed to sneak West Ham in last year by separating Westham into two words. Mr Drury dropped the ball there. :lol:

All the talk is that the Euro license is aimed towards next year's game, but i wouldn't be surprised to see a DLC in time for the Euros for 2016. They brought out their world tour thing for 2014 after all.

It's Konami, who knows what's going on?

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by JohnCB2013 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:19 pm

Missingno1990 wrote:The commentary names came in last year, and they've even added ones for Italian cities.
Jon Champion managed to sneak West Ham in last year by separating Westham into two words. Mr Drury dropped the ball there. :lol:

All the talk is that the Euro license is aimed towards next year's game, but i wouldn't be surprised to see a DLC in time for the Euros for 2016. They brought out their world tour thing for 2014 after all.

It's Konami, who knows what's going on?
I hold my hands up, I did not know that the commentary names were in last years game, I missed that :o

To be fair I don't spend to much time with the editing side of things and I've never been a fan of using unofficial game updates, I appreciate the work that people put into them but don't feel comfortable using files for "any" games when they are not official releases by the Devs, just a personal thing I guess.

I've done some editing myself in WE2016, basically I've given all the main leagues their proper names (Barclays Premier League, Sky Bet Championship, Serie A/B etc.) also renamed International Cup to FIFA World Cup, other than that all my effort has gone into correcting all the team names for both the English leagues and the team managers (Rodgers, Wenger, Van Gaal etc.) , I'm content with that for now.

Finally, as for the Euro 16 licence, really surprised Konami got it to be honest, if they can get most of the national teams licenced and most of the tournament stadiums then fine/great, if not it seems a rather strange licence to have IMO, surely they have to get the England licence back just for starters :?:

I'm still surprised by the overall lack of licences this year, I honestly thought (or at least hoped) that Konami would have made a little progress this year maybe with an extra licenced league or two, but, the fact they have lost another big league licence is very frustrating, also the national team selection has gone down hill since PES/WE 2014 which I find baffling. (crazy)

carlboy
Reserve
Reserve

Post by carlboy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:20 pm

My PES 2016 adventure....
Bought the game, played it, took it back for a refund. Job done.
A disappointing game, all the usual Konami nonsense - out of date squads & no update until the end of October (disgraceful), terrible GK & defence AI when you play online, the usual lack of licenses - not just the club teams but the alarming number of national teams as well, repetitive commentary.
I read somewhere that PES will be the only AAA console game that Konami will be making in the future & it made me laugh out loud - PES hasn't been a AAA game for almost a decade. I for one won't be giving Konami another penny - ever.
How did it come to this? If you want to buy a console football game you only have a choice of two, PES or FIFA & they're both made by games companies who are as bad as each other. I for one will be playing PES tonight but it will be on my PS2 with Swap Magic & a copy of PES 6 Wemerica Ultimate Edition V4 - quite simply the greatest football game ever made, go check it out!
xbox 360 - CARLBOY1975

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by JohnCB2013 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:00 pm

carlboy wrote:My PES 2016 adventure....
Bought the game, played it, took it back for a refund. Job done.
A disappointing game, all the usual Konami nonsense - out of date squads & no update until the end of October (disgraceful), terrible GK & defence AI when you play online, the usual lack of licenses - not just the club teams but the alarming number of national teams as well, repetitive commentary.
I read somewhere that PES will be the only AAA console game that Konami will be making in the future & it made me laugh out loud - PES hasn't been a AAA game for almost a decade. I for one won't be giving Konami another penny - ever.
How did it come to this? If you want to buy a console football game you only have a choice of two, PES or FIFA & they're both made by games companies who are as bad as each other. I for one will be playing PES tonight but it will be on my PS2 with Swap Magic & a copy of PES 6 Wemerica Ultimate Edition V4 - quite simply the greatest football game ever made, go check it out!
I was as pi**ed off and as disappointed as anyone about the late October update for the updated squads, I agree that there's no excuse for this at all for a yearly sports game, just about anyone who buys a yearly sports game the one thing they expect to be getting is up to date teams/squads, this was a major F-Up by Konami and I'm not surprised they got so much negative feedback after they announced the news.

However, once I calmed down and got over the initial disappointment I thought to myself "yes, the delay is a right pain, but, it will be corrected" so basically I've now put it to the back of my mind as this is something that can and will be sorted.

By far the bigger issue I have with Konami is why they struggle so badly on the licence front, that bothers me more than anything, we all know certain licences are out of reach, fair enough, but, IMO they just don't work hard enough in this area and as I keep saying seem to lose more licenced teams (and stadiums) every year.

What I'd give to have all the licences from WE2014 with the gameplay from WE2016 now that would really be something :idea: