DP2 & Gameplay changes

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

DP2 & Gameplay changes

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

What's everyone's thoughts on DP2 then?

I have to say and very happy with the content that's been added. Not just the actual DP bit's, but also for the other recent announcements like the Legend players and the new "free to play" version of PES. The new Maracana Stadium looks great. I like the fact that they've gone down the FIFA route of showing the stadium off from the outside, whilst the game introduction is taking place. Nothing wrong with taking bits from FIFA, and visa versa. Hope to see more Stadium cut scenes like this in the future, and I am sure we will. The new faces look great, especially the Legend players. Again, hope to see more Legends added in the future. The free tp play PES version is a smart move, needless to say really. I personally hope Konami make some good cash from it.

Of course you can make a strong argument that this content could be classed as "routine" which it probably is. I always search for positives in anything and I just see this a really positive look on the future of PES. 2 weeks ago I wasn't playing PES at all, and I didn't want to. Like everyone I was super cheesed off with the Roster delay etc, but this recent content has given me a "PES High" and I hope it stays. I think the way the DP content was announced made a big difference for me. Konami weren't singing and dancing about for weeks leading up to the release, so my expectations were fairly low. We got told the details when the release was a week away. I prefer that. When it's long, and when it's been overhyped, it kills it for me. The Roster delay is in the past now. It's done. We don't go back, only forwards, so I don't even think of that now. I see this content as a bigger positive than the Roster delay was negative. Saying all of this though, if then Jan transfers are an absolute balls up then..... :roll:

You guys can probably pick this apart and call me naive for getting carried away and that's fine.

On to the patch, has anyone noticed any major differences? I only play 1 off line game against the Com and I didn't really feel anything significant. Online though, I felt my GK made more saves that he should have made which he previously wouldn't of. My GK actually kept me in the game during one match and I ended up grabbing a 1-1. Only played 3 online games so it' inconclusive for me so far. During these 3 games, my highest scoring game was 4-2, which is fairly normal. I certainly didn't have an 8-5, which I have had before.

How have you all felt?

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Re: DP2 & Gameplay changes

Post by itstroff » 2 years ago

Nothing jumps out for me offline but most of the complaints seem to be online related and imagine that would receive most of their attention.

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool

Post by JohnCB2013 » 2 years ago

Overall I'm quite happy with DP.2, I agree that the added stadium looks really nice especially with the various outside shots of the stadium etc. (hoping this is a sign of things to come with the Euro 16 DLC? can only hope/dream)

Also, really like most of the new FACES added to the game, this is one area Konami continue to impress me, but, they need to keep! adding them, the ones they have done mostly look fantastic but there are still "tons" of generic ones throughout the game, we all want to see the most well known players look good, but, I'd love to see a bit of love for players in Sky Bet Championship and especially the Brazilian league.

Konami go on about having Brazilian clubs in the game, but, they need to add quality FACES for all (or most) of the players "they have licenced" in the Brazilian league, most are generic which is a real shame as the Brazilian kits look so good and also there are a decent number of Brazilian stadiums, so more effort needed here on the players IMO to make the most of having these teams in the game.

Finally, don't know if it's possible in this version, but, more commentary player names need to be added, some teams you play as/against have a team full of players with no commentary name this makes the commentary truly awful with hardly a single word said, I'd especially like to see players like Firmino (Liv) & Vardy (Lei) etc. big Premiership players get a commentary name added, when they score and have no name mentioned (as if the commentator's don't know who they are) it really hurts the presentation in a big way, I personally find with sports games more than any other gaming genre it's often the little things like this that can make a huge difference in terms of the presentation/atmosphere.

trza49er
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by trza49er » 2 years ago

Shales wrote:What's everyone's thoughts on DP2 then?

I have to say and very happy with the content that's been added. Not just the actual DP bit's, but also for the other recent announcements like the Legend players and the new "free to play" version of PES. The new Maracana Stadium looks great. I like the fact that they've gone down the FIFA route of showing the stadium off from the outside, whilst the game introduction is taking place. Nothing wrong with taking bits from FIFA, and visa versa. Hope to see more Stadium cut scenes like this in the future, and I am sure we will. The new faces look great, especially the Legend players. Again, hope to see more Legends added in the future. The free tp play PES version is a smart move, needless to say really. I personally hope Konami make some good cash from it.

Of course you can make a strong argument that this content could be classed as "routine" which it probably is. I always search for positives in anything and I just see this a really positive look on the future of PES. 2 weeks ago I wasn't playing PES at all, and I didn't want to. Like everyone I was super cheesed off with the Roster delay etc, but this recent content has given me a "PES High" and I hope it stays. I think the way the DP content was announced made a big difference for me. Konami weren't singing and dancing about for weeks leading up to the release, so my expectations were fairly low. We got told the details when the release was a week away. I prefer that. When it's long, and when it's been overhyped, it kills it for me. The Roster delay is in the past now. It's done. We don't go back, only forwards, so I don't even think of that now. I see this content as a bigger positive than the Roster delay was negative. Saying all of this though, if then Jan transfers are an absolute balls up then..... :roll:

You guys can probably pick this apart and call me naive for getting carried away and that's fine.

On to the patch, has anyone noticed any major differences? I only play 1 off line game against the Com and I didn't really feel anything significant. Online though, I felt my GK made more saves that he should have made which he previously wouldn't of. My GK actually kept me in the game during one match and I ended up grabbing a 1-1. Only played 3 online games so it' inconclusive for me so far. During these 3 games, my highest scoring game was 4-2, which is fairly normal. I certainly didn't have an 8-5, which I have had before.

How have you all felt?
Hey Shales what difficulty and game length do you play for offline? I'm struggling to find a combination that gets me realistic scores, without playing 10 or 15 minute games that feel much too short for my liking. I'm currently on 15 minute games at Top Player but I've had some shootouts here lately.

Just curious what kinds of scores everyone else is getting.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 years ago

After a few seasons finishing 3rd/4th playing 10 minute games on Top Player, I'm both scoring and conceding way way more than the teams around me. The results are balanced and I do get tight games but there's a few too many high scoring matches. I was thinking about bringing the minutes down, but as the ball doesn't go out of play that often I already struggle to get my subs on.

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 2 years ago

How have you all felt?
Nice one Shales.Yes I do feel the game has improved slightly, still a few things that need to be sorted though.But I do agre with you about the new stadium looks really good,it's a pity you Can't play with it in ML premiereship I mean. Thought the keepers have been improved slightly but could still do with a bit more of a tweek.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

trza49er wrote:

How have you all felt?
Hey Shales what difficulty and game length do you play for offline? I'm struggling to find a combination that gets me realistic scores, without playing 10 or 15 minute games that feel much too short for my liking. I'm currently on 15 minute games at Top Player but I've had some shootouts here lately.

Just curious what kinds of scores everyone else is getting.
I haven't really played an awful lot offline away from MyClub. I do have it set to superstar when I play one off vs Com games. I get realistic scores when playing 10min games. 1-0, 1-1, 2-0 etc. I haven't bothered with any Comps yet but usually these are more difficult. Whilst playing against the Com in myclub I just usually scrape by, as I usually play a weakish team that I think will be enough to be beat the team I'm up against.

Finally just sorting out all the prem and championship kits, so next weekend I reckon I'll finally start a Master League.!!
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA