Master League Legends

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Master League Legends

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

Who are your favourite players in your ML teams from years gone by? I'm not thinking necessarily about your best players but rather the random signing that really surprised you or the one that you just couldn't drop or sell.

Antonis Nikopolidis - I think I picked him up as a regen originally making him (aside from that Lazio player) the world's oldest looking 16 year old. Great one on one stopper which really mattered against the CPU in the PS2 era. Think I tried to sign him (even just as backup) with each PES release until he retired.

Simon Davies - Nowhere near my best, but he was my first ever remotely decent signing in ML. Solid player but will always remember him as the undisputed king of miss hit goals, including a glorious 35-40 yard pea roller into the bottom corner.

Hayden Foxe - You could spot him a mile away as PES always used to make ginger hair look 'neon carrot' or similar. His slide tackle was great, it was like he got an extra few yards over other players.

Craig Forsyth - Derby full back who was pretty unremarkable stat wise, but got up and down the line plenty. He had the pinpoint crossing card and got plenty of assists just chucking the ball in for Adebayor to head. Could only bring myself to replace him when he announced his retirement.

Mark Viduka - Quick, strong and just a pure battering ram. He could pass, dribble, had a great shot and scored an almost unfair amount of headers.

Pablo Aimar - Felt he was just about unplayable in my hands. Every attack would go through him, usually resulting in him putting someone clean through on goal. Almost always up against 1 or 2 DMFS (as was the fashion then) which made no difference provided he didn't have to head the ball.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Master League Legends

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

Johan Djourou - He probably achieved more in-game than he did in real life, but even as an Arsenal fan, I can't really complain. He was fantastic. Quick, strong, versatile and developed really well. I think I even gave him the captain's armband in the end!

Luis Fabiano - I remember doing a Sevilla ML and this guy was absolutely unstoppable. Not that I planned on being a one man team but it seemed he was always in the right place at the right time. Super finishing, be it with feet or head, and was a huge factor in me pipping Barca/Real to many titles.

Marco Di Vaio - Even though he was way behind Villa, Kluivert and even Mista in terms of stats, I loved Di Vaio. He had all the attributes for a great striker: dribbling, pace and finishing. Great to play with at Valencia, as well as Juventus and Monaco.

Hedwiges Maduro - An absolute star in my PES 5 ML. And to be fair, that Ajax side really was something special: Babel, Heitinga, Rosales, Sneijder and Stekelenburg. Back in the good old days of when the Eredivisie was a strong force in Europe!

David Odonkor - Pace, pace, pace! A real hidden gem in PES, although things didn't go so sweetly for him in real life, with constant injuries forcing him to retire from the sport at just 29 years old.

Adriano - I know he'll always be considered as one of PES' greatest players, but I just couldn't miss him out! ;)

I'm sure there are dozens (if not hundreds) more but these are the ones that stick out for me.
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Master League Legends

Mike wrote: David Odonkor - Pace, pace, pace! A real hidden gem in PES, although things didn't go so sweetly for him in real life, with constant injuries forcing him to retire from the sport at just 29 years old.
I can remember that 2006 WC match against Poland like it were yesterday. He came on as sub, looked absolutely rapid and poked a cross home.
Mike wrote: Adriano - I know he'll always be considered as one of PES' greatest players, but I just couldn't miss him out!
"He must have a foot like a traction engine." He was one of those top rated players who for some reason I could never get to grips with...Ronaldinho being another one. I think he's still playing in the US somewhere which is surprising after seeing those less than flattering photos of him at Corinthians.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Master League Legends

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

itstroff wrote: "He must have a foot like a traction engine." He was one of those top rated players who for some reason I could never get to grips with...Ronaldinho being another one. I think he's still playing in the US somewhere which is surprising after seeing those less than flattering photos of him at Corinthians.
Did you ever play PES 6 online? He was absolutely lethal with Inter. What a team that was though: Ibra, Recoba, Figo, Vieira, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Cordoba... the list goes on!

That's right! He signed for Miami United back in January. I just hope that one day Konami can add him into the game as a Legend - preferably one that can be unlocked for offline modes (PES Shop anyone?) as well as myClub. :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Re: Master League Legends

Post by Walker2o » 1 year ago

Mike wrote:
itstroff wrote: "He must have a foot like a traction engine." He was one of those top rated players who for some reason I could never get to grips with...Ronaldinho being another one. I think he's still playing in the US somewhere which is surprising after seeing those less than flattering photos of him at Corinthians.
Did you ever play PES 6 online? He was absolutely lethal with Inter. What a team that was though: Ibra, Recoba, Figo, Vieira, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Cordoba... the list goes on!

That's right! He signed for Miami United back in January. I just hope that one day Konami can add him into the game as a Legend - preferably one that can be unlocked for offline modes (PES Shop anyone?) as well as myClub. :great:
You get your wish this year mate!
PSN: Walker2k7

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Walker2o wrote: That's right! He signed for Miami United back in January.
Sounds like it's all gone a bit 'thug life' since then.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 1 year ago

itstroff wrote:
Walker2o wrote: That's right! He signed for Miami United back in January.
Sounds like it's all gone a bit 'thug life' since then.
Not nearly as much as Adriano :| :lol:
PSN: Walker2k7