📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Shales wrote: Fair to say the GKs really are fantastic!
And another example. Not sure you saw this but when I was charging down the ball (probably again with Cech), he slid in, took the ball on the 18-yard-line and, to prevent a handful, he swung his legs around to ensure the ball stayed in the box. In the end, his legs ended up outside the box. There wasn't any 'invisible wall' and the animation was seamless.

✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MotherHen » 3 years ago

Love reading about these tests... It sounds like it could be an awesome game.

While im here, ive seen 24 hours of people blowing their load over the new FIFA trailer and saying "Best FIFA ever" so i took a look. Zero gameplay footage. Its a shame what video gaming has come too... The PES 16 demo was great but didn't show the games flaws. Yet, everyone has lost their mind over this trailer.
"Establishing Communications"

Shales
Supports: Arsenal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

MotherHen wrote: Love reading about these tests... It sounds like it could be an awesome game.

While im here, ive seen 24 hours of people blowing their load over the new FIFA trailer and saying "Best FIFA ever" so i took a look. Zero gameplay footage. Its a shame what video gaming has come too... The PES 16 demo was great but didn't show the games flaws. Yet, everyone has lost their mind over this trailer.
I've been thinking the exact same thing. The trailer didn't show anything new. It showed they have money and they have the tech. We all know that. To be honest. I'm not blown away by the faces of Hazard etc either. They are better than FIFA 16 but they still dont look as they thay are living and breathing! I know it's not about faces, but there are some people that get very carried away with them!

It's going to be interesting what EA can pull off this year as this will be their first game with the frostbite engine. What was their first game like with the ignite engine? I'm not really a FIFA man, so I don't know the answer to this.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

MotherHen wrote: Love reading about these tests... It sounds like it could be an awesome game.
I'm confident it will be, at least in terms of gameplay. Still looking forward to what Konami announce in regards to licensing, Master League, myClub, editing, and everything else. :-)
MotherHen wrote: While im here, ive seen 24 hours of people blowing their load over the new FIFA trailer and saying "Best FIFA ever" so i took a look.
It'll be interesting to see how they get with the new Frostbite engine after ditching Ignite. The graphics and animations should be improved but I'll be shocked if the gameplay is anything other than boring and dull.
✅ 🐦 💟

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 3 years ago

Any word re online/servers/lag?

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

Pes140 wrote: Any word re online/servers/lag?
This I also want to know, as much as I prefer playing offline, the online portion needs some serious work. Lag and general server performance have been very hit and miss and generally poor ever since PES 2013 (I could play game after game of MLO with no issues) but since 2014 the performance has been very bad with more poor connections than good. I want to see it be responsive, not a big delay on button pushes to player reactions. If Konami are serious about taking on FIFA then the online component has to be rock solid and flawless this year.
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
This I also want to know, as much as I prefer playing offline, the online portion needs some serious work. Lag and general server performance have been very hit and miss and generally poor ever since PES 2013 (I could play game after game of MLO with no issues) but since 2014 the performance has been very bad with more poor connections than good. I want to see it be responsive, not a big delay on button pushes to player reactions. If Konami are serious about taking on FIFA then the online component has to be rock solid and flawless this year.
Yeah I barely use online modes at all but I can't even play with two of my friends who have the game because of the button delay. Makes it unplayable for me as can't play at your best.

A win feels cheap, so does a loss. It's a shame as I would play them at least once a week if connection was as it should be. Instead, on average, we have played less than once a month.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Nothing has been announced yet - and the focus at last week's PES Day was mostly gameplay-related.

Hopefully we'll get more details at E3 and/or gamescom. I'm desperate for big improvements too - not sure on the exact number but I must've only played a handful of online matches this year. Compare that to my record on Rocket League...
✅ 🐦 💟

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

NO wayyyy.. Option Files are back for PS4!

Best news I could hope for!

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

At work so not had chance to watch the video yet. Master League news sound really promising. I know every year they trot out the usual "we've listened to our fans" lines. But they do seem to have checked off a lot of last year's gripes.

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 3 years ago

Im not a PS4 user but option file sharing is massive news.

Despite all this, i believe we'll be kicked in the balls with teams/leagues/licensing. When Adam tweeted "PES 2017 is all about the gameplay", i had a feeling something was up.
Then i find out that they have lost the La Liga license...
"Establishing Communications"

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

Well hopefully it's not that much of a problem now file sharing is back. I wonder if they'll include Spanish town names in the commentary this time?

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

Just read through everything and it sounds insane. If they improve the online connectivity it really could be something truly special.

And lets face it, with option file sharing it genuinely doesn't matter about the licences. Give it a couple of weeks after release and all the fake leagues and teams will be filled up no end... All they need to do is make sure there are enough fake leagues to accommodate the various divisions people will want to add. Maybe have an upper limit of 10 fake divisions of 20 teams that can be added individually to be shown in Exhibition and other game modes? That would be freaking awesome and would stop any fake ones showing up so your FIFA loving friends can't be like "Woldenshingen, who are they?" :) Awesome!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 3 years ago

Please tell me they have not lost la liga licence

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

danmarsh wrote: Please tell me they have not lost la liga licence
I've not seen any official words from Konami but it's not looking good. I'd have thought they would have shut these rumours down by now if it was false. We know At.Madrid are in the game so I don't know how much PES is allowed or not allowed to use. I read something via a translation saying that PES can't have any teams outside of Euro Competition. I certainly hope it's not like the Bundesliga where PES can't even use fake teams! That would be terrible. We're still waiting to find out.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA