📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by danmarsh » 3 years ago

For years I love pes over Fifa for the last 20 years but it's only a matter of time before Fifa wins outright. When pes lose the champions league licence in 2 years that will be it for me. Gameplay can only go so far and I've enjoy Fifa as well in recent years. Pes will not last long and I hate to say that. plus Fifa have a new engine which could go either way. Pes is slowing dying and I hate that

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MotherHen » 3 years ago

I have seen images of kit makers on Twitter making the Barcelona jersey and i have seen Adam Bhatti asked about the exclusive deal Real Madrid signed with EA last year and he's dodged the question every single time. In my mind, we'll have no Barcelona or Madrid.

Like it was said above, its its like the German league were they can't even add a fake one, they BETTER add enough fake leagues...
"Establishing Communications"

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

Meh, again, while it will be frustrating, at the end of the day, if there are enough fake leagues then a week or so after release it won't matter one bit. Only issue will be online. I can't imagine they allowed EA to steal La Liga, that would wipe out a massive portion of their MyClub players except those in international teams. I would imagine they will find a way to keep those players and squads in the game even if they have to fake them up...

As for the licences, Konami and EA need to come to some agreement on everything. If PES dies then FIFA has no competition and when that happens the drive and development will falter too.. What incentive will EA have to continue to improve their product if they know they are the only game in town. Competition is good for both games and very much necessary. Both games have their respective fan bases and the companies should realise that.. As should FIFA, FIFPro, the Bundesliga etc.. Why can PES not get a licence like Football Manager has whereby they can use all the players and the such like, just not the real German team names? I don't understand how a game can not be allowed to create a fake German or Spanish league with fake team names? They do it with the Premier League so why not the rest?

Added in 3 minutes 37 seconds:
Also, I am sorry, while I would love the licences to not be an issue and everyone share, at the end of the day for me, it is all about gameplay. If PES does lose licences then so be it, I will get a decent option file every one else will a few weeks after release and enjoy that. After FIFA 15 and 16 I have no interest in the game anymore, this year I only bought PES rather than both and it looks like I will do the same again for 2017... I am old enough now to prefer a solid footballing gameplay experience over a fully licened game. The original PSX ISS wasn't licenced and that game was superb, same for a lot of the PES games, what makes them great is the gameplay, so EA can keep being a$$e$ and buying everything up, they still won't get my cash anymore.
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote: And lets face it, with option file sharing it genuinely doesn't matter about the licences. Give it a couple of weeks after release and all the fake leagues and teams will be filled up no end.
If all goes well, the OPE PS4 OF will be available on launch day, with regular updates to follow. :-)
Shales wrote: We know At.Madrid are in the game so I don't know how much PES is allowed or not allowed to use.
If the La Liga license is now exclusive to EA, we'll probably see the return of 'Liga Española', where most, if not all, individual clubs will be licensed but the league itself won't be. Either way, an option file will provide a quick fix for any issues.
MotherHen wrote: Like it was said above, its its like the German league were they can't even add a fake one
It shouldn't be. Like England and Italy (whose leagues are both unlicensed in PES but its players are still licensed, Spain are included in in the FIFPro license. Germany, however, aren't (which is why Konami can't even include a fake Bundesliga).
ukexplicit1984 wrote: Why can PES not get a licence like Football Manager has whereby they can use all the players and the such like, just not the real German team names? I don't understand how a game can not be allowed to create a fake German or Spanish league with fake team names? They do it with the Premier League so why not the rest?
As far as I know, there are different licensing laws for 'football simulation games' and 'football management games'. Not sure on the exact details but it's basically that.

Yes, the licensing industry is an incredibly complicated and frustrating one! (crazy)
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
Yes, the licensing industry is an incredibly complicated and frustrating one! (crazy)
Not to mention lucrative

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Strong speculation that Messi could be returning to PES as its cover star. If true, surely Barca are in the game. Going back my previous post, I read something like PES will only have the license for Spanish teams either in the UEL or UCL.

Yes OF sharing will cover all this, but only for the PS4 users. I feel for the Xbox players because PES is fast becoming a PS only game.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Shales wrote: Strong speculation that Messi could be returning to PES as its cover star. If true, surely Barca are in the game. Going back my previous post, I read something like PES will only have the license for Spanish teams either in the UEL or UCL.
Like someone else said and as I briefly read somewhere, its down to Konami to negotiate with individual Spanish sides to get their licences.. I am sure they will be able to use the players, we may just have some fake team names and the such like in there. If thats the case then that is not so bad at all. Not being able to use any Spanish league teams other than those in European competition would be huge but I have a feeling Konami know that that is unacceptable and will be doing all they can to keep one of the biggest leagues in Europe. Germany may be locked off but they can't allow themselves to lose Spain as after that it is a slippery slope.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

What 2017 needs is freedom to structure your ML & BAL before you start. Not talking about just swapping teams over like you can already, I mean sort out tiered leagues. Like for example, use 2 spare Custom leagues and bolt them to the EPL and Chanpionship to create League 1 and League 2. Or create the Bundlesliga 1 and German 2nd div and connect them together. Also you should be able to assign the leagues with a region. I.e Europe, South American etc. This would give you so much more options for these modes and would be able to create some really unique Master Leagues.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Shales wrote:I feel for the Xbox players because PES is fast becoming a PS only game.
That's me then! Im a Xbox 360 user. I don't really play modern games that much to invest in a PS4... But yeah. We can't upload any graphics at all. We can port badges & competition logos over from the previous games but that's it. But, that's a Microsoft issue so we can't blame Konami...

I have said before in other places, i'd like the three 'fake' leagues to all get the boot and be replaced with a 'Create a team/league' option.
Create a league and you select from 12 to 24 teams, set a region, pick a rules set, pick a ball, ect...
Create a team is the same thing but appears in 'Other European/South American teams' depending on what region you chose.

I NEVER expect this to happen but surely it would keep everyone happy. Also, the return of 'Create a stadium' would be nice and solve a lot of issues but Konami removed it and Adam seems very sheepish when speaking about it...

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Shales wrote: What 2017 needs is freedom to structure your ML & BAL before you start. Not talking about just swapping teams over like you can already, I mean sort out tiered leagues. Like for example, use 2 spare Custom leagues and bolt them to the EPL and Chanpionship to create League 1 and League 2. Or create the Bundlesliga 1 and German 2nd div and connect them together. Also you should be able to assign the leagues with a region. I.e Europe, South American etc. This would give you so much more options for these modes and would be able to create some really unique Master Leagues.
That I would love, I would love to go from League 2 to the Premiership with the Fire Breathing Kittens :) Would be like Football Manager 2016 all over again :)

Also, what is the issue with Microsoft? I assume there is no file sharing option or anything like that, but could they not have an import/export edit file via USB and just use the in game kit editor to build the kits and teams? Then those edit files could be shared? Sorry, I haven't got an Xbox One so my knowledge of its limitations is pretty bad.

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

I have a 360 and it refuses to work. Stick images on a USB and the Xbox finds nothing. Its impossible sadly.

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 3 years ago

MotherHen wrote:
Shales wrote:I feel for the Xbox players because PES is fast becoming a PS only game.
That's me then! Im a Xbox 360 user. I don't really play modern games that much to invest in a PS4... But yeah. We can't upload any graphics at all. We can port badges & competition logos over from the previous games but that's it. But, that's a Microsoft issue so we can't blame Konami...

I have said before in other places, i'd like the three 'fake' leagues to all get the boot and be replaced with a 'Create a team/league' option.
Create a league and you select from 12 to 24 teams, set a region, pick a rules set, pick a ball, ect...
Create a team is the same thing but appears in 'Other European/South American teams' depending on what region you chose.

I NEVER expect this to happen but surely it would keep everyone happy. Also, the return of 'Create a stadium' would be nice and solve a lot of issues but Konami removed it and Adam seems very sheepish when speaking about it...
I wish you worked for Konami and get your ideas (and those put across by Shales) put into the game.

I love a bit of editing and I can remember how chuffed I was when I bought PES4, the first I'd bought, and saw how many options there were for customising. It feels like it hasn't progressed much at all since. Particularly stadium creator coming then being ditched at a time so many licensed stadia were lost! It feels editing fans need more good news- the file sharing can be huge but the team/league creation and structure ideas you mentioned could make for some epic MLs!

It would probably tempt me to upgrade my 360 for a PS4!

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

BunglesFinger wrote: It would probably tempt me to upgrade my 360 for a PS4!
I'm sure my PS4 OF would be more than enough to make you upgrade:

• Phase 1: General fixes and correct boots given to all English-based players.

Phase 2: Create Bundesliga - totally up-to-date formations/squads + all players with correct accessories, accurate appearances, preset faces, and realistic stats. (Will try to release an unofficial Live Update for every matchday).

Phase 3: Create Other European teams - missing UCL clubs will get priority and extra teams will be determined by a user poll.

Later phases: Create additional leagues/teams (eg. MLS), OPE FC, corrected boots for all players, and a feedback thread for users to share give their input, post errors, suggest improvements, etc

... and so on. ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

I thought i would make a topic about licensing on the PES series. It appears to be an area that causes annoyance with the fans but a lot of people don't truly understand how things work... Im just going to comment on how i think things work out. If anyone here could correct me in any areas, id be grateful.

Right, as far as i know, Konami have the FIFPro license which enables Konami to use real player names and likenesses of 58 different nations. This is players only and does not cover team names, kits, badges or stadiums. This is how Konami are able to have the 'correct' players for the English & Italian teams despite not having the league license.

Germany are not part of FIFPro hence why Konami are not allowed to have 'part licensed' Bundesliga. But, how do Konami have the rights to use Man Utd and the three German teams? Do they buy these licenses individually? I assume this is the case why do they stop at one English and three German teams?

Scotland are part of FIFPro but Celtic have an exclusive deal with EA. But, if im right, Konami should legally be able to add a 'fake' Celtic in the 'Other Teams' section. They used to always to this back the the PS2 days but, it never happens now.
Also, where do stadiums fit into it? Are they a separate licensing area altogether? Also, does anyone know how licensing works for national team? Not even EA could get Belgium licensed...

DanWallyPESWorld
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DanWallyPESWorld » 3 years ago

Some great discussions in here, i do like this forum :)

Could they create a fake celtic? probably but why do it, if they do this then in theory they could add fake loads of teams so we could just add kits etc over the top.

I personally dont see the league structures being that much different than before, if La Liga is not fully licensed which seems to be the case then we should still have all the players much like the EPL do, so the OPE OF file will resolve that issue pretty quick.

To be honest, i like teams not being licensed, especially for kits, its great we can each customise our games how we like. The introduction of option files again means licensing doesn't have a big impact any more. If i want MLS but Shales wants Mexico, it can be done :-)

I think the big issue now is Kit Slots. If they provide enough space to allocate kits to all teams, club and international, then we are on to a winner.