πŸ“’ Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

danmarsh wrote: FIFA have just got the j league now as well when pes have been trying in the uk game for ages.(
That's the thing, I don't think they have.

A few years back, I asked Manorito Hosoda about the possibility of adding the J-League into PES (as well as Winning Eleven), and he told me they didn't think European users would be interested. (think)

βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tigerwalms » 3 years ago

Afternoon all, miss me? :P Hope we are all content and keeping well. Saw a story that there has been a playtest of PES2017 so thought I'd pop on and see what people thought. I can see Mike and Shales attended, what's the gist then? Based on nothing but my existing knowlegde of Konami I'm going to assume it's pretty similar to last yeah and the things that annoyed me then are still going to annoy me now e.g. on rails passing, lack of excitement when scoring, archaic 2002 P2P online laggy servers, no online co-op etc. Do you think I'd still dislike the game?

Also, do you know if they are still treating the PC users with utter contempt by releasing a shoddy PS2 like version?

Cheers.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Shales
Supports: Arsenal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

tigerwalms wrote: Afternoon all, miss me? :P Hope we are all content and keeping well. Saw a story that there has been a playtest of PES2017 so thought I'd pop on and see what people thought. I can see Mike and Shales attended, what's the gist then? Based on nothing but my existing knowlegde of Konami I'm going to assume it's pretty similar to last yeah and the things that annoyed me then are still going to annoy me now e.g. on rails passing, lack of excitement when scoring, archaic 2002 P2P online laggy servers, no online co-op etc. Do you think I'd still dislike the game?

Also, do you know if they are still treating the PC users with utter contempt by releasing a shoddy PS2 like version?

Cheers.
Good to see you pop back on. You're always missed ;)

Touching on your annoyances, yes passing is on rails, I think, I never quite understand this 100%. Has passing ever not been on rails? There certainly is excitement when scoring. For starters, you've probably read that the Gks are much, much better. Probably the best they've ever been on PES. Built from scratch, there isn't a single animation carried over from previous years. So now, once you managed to create space for shot, you now have the GK to worry about beating. It's like a double reward now. You're firstly happy that you've created a scoring chance, then you are excited that you've beaten the GK. I certainly saw no "soft/pathetic" goals during my playtest games.

Can't really comment on the Online aspects. As usual, we can probably expect the Online experience to be better but not amazing.

Other improvements that are worth mentioning that probably annoyed you before are;

- No more skatey players. Players have proper weight to them now. No more skidding around
- Player stats actually have value. So you're not going to see Mertesacker dribble past or sprint past players etc. Same goes for true DM style midfielders. You're restricted to play them how they perform in real life. You are not going to get very far by using Coquelin other than tackling and simple passing.
- Slower game speed (much slower)
- Passing is completely weighted now. The ball actually feels heavy. You can't ping pong at 100 mph. It depends on the individual player.

The game is certainly worth taking a look at when the demo comes out. PES has completely turned 180 from the Arcade style of 2016.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

tigerwalms wrote: Afternoon all, miss me? :P Hope we are all content and keeping well. Saw a story that there has been a playtest of PES2017 so thought I'd pop on and see what people thought. I can see Mike and Shales attended, what's the gist then? Based on nothing but my existing knowlegde of Konami I'm going to assume it's pretty similar to last yeah and the things that annoyed me then are still going to annoy me now e.g. on rails passing, lack of excitement when scoring, archaic 2002 P2P online laggy servers, no online co-op etc. Do you think I'd still dislike the game?
Good to see you back posting, mate. And congrats to Sunderland for avoiding the drop... again! ;)

To echo Shales' post, I was generally impressed with PES 2017. In terms of gameplay, significant improvements had definitely been made - especially to the goalkeepers - but like every year, the most important time will be when the demo drops next month.

Assuming you get the game, I expect you'll be sticking with the PC version?
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 3 years ago

I have just read that FIFA 17 have just announced an exclusive deal with Juventus... PES is just going to get killed off.
"Establishing Communications"

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 3 years ago

Yeah does not surprise me that means no juventus stadium either. Like I said Fifa is killing pes. Pes will soon lose everything. I don't mind kits being unlicensed cos of the of. But stadiums is a massive thing can't play in all these fake stadiums.

Mike
Founder
Founder

danmarsh wrote: Like I said Fifa is killing pes.
FIFA has always been the 'licensed game', and this year shouldn't be any different. But, as long as PES has solid gameplay twinned with quality editing features, the series will survive. ;)

For me, EA can spend as much as they like on cover stars, licensing and marketing - but, if their gameplay (the most important thing in a football game IMO) remains dull, monotonous and stale, then I for one will never pick up their product.

And don't forget, Konami have done very well with licenses in recent years: UEFA Champions League, Europa League, AFC Champions League, Copa Libertadores, Euro 2016, etc. Who knows what's next to come?
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

I agree to an extent. I don't mind as long as i can edit stuff myself but not everyone is like us. People will just slowly drop off. Ive not brought FIFA since, i think 2000?

Imagine new gamers buying a football game for the first time... Are you gonna pick the one with a fake Premier League, no German League, a butchered Spanish league and maybe a fake Juventus?

For me, gameplay is key. But sadly, todays kiddies all care about graphics and licenses.

Mike
Founder
Founder

MotherHen wrote: Imagine new gamers buying a football game for the first time... Are you gonna pick the one with a fake Premier League, no German League, a butchered Spanish league and maybe a fake Juventus?
That's fair, especially for casual gamers and first-time buyers.

But, as times goes by, I'm sure more and more people will be inclined to buy (or at least try) PES.

And if this is the case, Konami need to show off their game as much as they can: quality gameplay, seamless menus, reliable online play (this one I worry about), and straight-forward option file installation (download, plug in and play).
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 3 years ago

MotherHen wrote: Love reading about these tests... It sounds like it could be an awesome game.

While im here, ive seen 24 hours of people blowing their load over the new FIFA trailer and saying "Best FIFA ever" so i took a look. Zero gameplay footage. Its a shame what video gaming has come too... The PES 16 demo was great but didn't show the games flaws. Yet, everyone has lost their mind over this trailer.
Go to utube a lot of leaked demos But it looks like the same old Fifa to me.

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

I hope Konami can sort out the slowwwwwwwww menus. Transferring players takes ages. I may have establishing communications burned in my retina!

Mike
Founder
Founder

MotherHen wrote: I may have establishing communications burned in my retina!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this! I just hope one day we'll all be able to look back at this and laugh! :great:

You're right though, more responsive menus is a must - Game Plan screen and Edit mode included.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Also, Adam made a comment on Twitter about the new in game, face editing tools claiming that no two faces will ever look the same... (think)

Mike
Founder
Founder

MotherHen wrote: Also, Adam made a comment on Twitter about the new in game, face editing tools claiming that no two faces will ever look the same... (think)
I didn't see any in the PES Day code - as every single player had their own preset - but Konami now have a dedicated team working on generic (non-preset) faces.

It will be a huge improvement compared to what we saw in PES 2016, which in some cases was pretty poor IMO.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

I saw an advert for a job on PESFan where Konami were looking for users who can create faces using the in-game editor. I never heard anything afterwards but i guess someone got the job!
Only issue with me, unless im doing something wrong is hair colour... It seems impossible to get it right.