PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by MotherHen » 1 year ago

More teams will be added to European but you'll have to wait until November...

Im guessing that's it for announcements. Bhatti has been on Twitter (and been hammered) and he's not said "more to come!" so.... yeah...

"Establishing Communications"

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 1 year ago

The massive announcement cannot just be the inclusion of Dortmund.

I know there's been a substantial amount of hype for Gamescom, but year on year there is most definitely a decline on content. They can rely on gameplay to an extent but how long do they think it will last?

At what point do we concede that the end is nigh?

I'm hoping for an announcement that will be game changing but did they shoot the gun too early by announcing Barca and Dortmund?

EDIT: Adam has said in his tweet "stunning start" at Gamescom. Am I reading into it too much but there is more to follow? And it was by no means a stunning start. We are now premium partners but that other game has them too. Do you have their partners? We have Nou Camp.
PSN: Walker2k7

Nades
Professional
Professional

Post by Nades » 1 year ago

MotherHen wrote: More teams will be added to European but you'll have to wait until November...

Im guessing that's it for announcements. Bhatti has been on Twitter (and been hammered) and he's not said "more to come!" so.... yeah...
Seriously dont understand. Why do developers think its ok to release games before they're completed.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Nades wrote:
MotherHen wrote: More teams will be added to European but you'll have to wait until November...

Seriously dont understand. Why do developers think its ok to release games before they're completed.
I wonder how many people would buy PES if it waited until November, personally fine with it but I've bought both for years. Would those that have jumped to buy fifa still buy PES?

They wouldn't be the first to bring out a game half way through a season, F1 for example.

KPSNV
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by KPSNV » 1 year ago

LOL

The circus rolls into town once more!

I haven't bought PES for the last 2 years because of this licensing fiasco. However, I do still find myself checking out what's going on when the new game is coming out, maybe in the faint hope that I will deem it purchasable again one day somehow. Now if I ever want to play a football game, it's FIFA. I don't need to tell you guys that this creates further problems, but for me I just cannot give Konami any more money as they anually remove content and trick ther fans into thinking it's acceptable.

I knew this would happen as soon as the Barca partnership was announced. I mean, why did they even have to announce it?! The only thing that will change from PES 2016 is that the Nou Camp will be in there. This is absolutely typical of Konami's shady marketing - instead of telling people they've lost the Spanish league license, they make the Barca partnership seem like a huge deal (when it really isn't), then quietly mumble that 'yeah - so we've lost the rest of the league'. Who in their right mind thinks that is a good trade-off?! Konami are borderline con-men, and they are getting away with it yer after year.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

KPSNV wrote: LOL

The circus rolls into town once more!

I haven't bought PES for the last 2 years because of this licensing fiasco. However, I do still find myself checking out what's going on when the new game is coming out, maybe in the faint hope that I will deem it purchasable again one day somehow. Now if I ever want to play a football game, it's FIFA. I don't need to tell you guys that this creates further problems, but for me I just cannot give Konami any more money as they anually remove content and trick ther fans into thinking it's acceptable.

I knew this would happen as soon as the Barca partnership was announced. I mean, why did they even have to announce it?! The only thing that will change from PES 2016 is that the Nou Camp will be in there. This is absolutely typical of Konami's shady marketing - instead of telling people they've lost the Spanish league license, they make the Barca partnership seem like a huge deal (when it really isn't), then quietly mumble that 'yeah - so we've lost the rest of the league'. Who in their right mind thinks that is a good trade-off?! Konami are borderline con-men, and they are getting away with it yer after year.

You're absolutely right mate! But we've obviously more money than sense. If FIFA has sliders to work with and a half decent game I'll be waiting for that. The only drawback this year was FIFA and PES were terrible.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Nades wrote: Seriously dont understand. Why do developers think its ok to release games before they're completed.
It's just the current gaming age we are in. Content is added to a lot of games now during it's annual life cycle. I don't like it but at least with PES you don't have to pay for these DLCs. If the game was shipped in a broken state then that's another story. I personally can handle content being added after launch as long as there is enough to keep you occupied with. Understandable though, I see where this affects you, as you stated above that you won't be able to start your ML until Anfield is added. This has just all of a sudden reminded me of how frustrated I used to get with Option Files in the past. Always waiting for the right file before starting a ML, which often never came at all. The bonus for me this year is the way data is installed. It'll take a lot longer as there isn't one master file to cover everything, but doing individually will really make PES 2017 "your own", by using multiple sources of created data.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by JohnCB2013 » 1 year ago

I don't know about the rest of you, but, I kind of got taken in (my own fault for being to optimistic I guess :oops: ) when Konami started coming out with these big EXCLUSIVE deals I really thought that they were building towards something big at Gamescom (Serie A, Chinese SL etc.) but now I think even some of PES's biggest fans must see that these announcements were really just made to paper over the cracks before today's shocking unveiling, I really feel EA/Fifa have stitched Konami good & proper this year on the license front, losing La Liga, Copa and various big teams is a major disappointment to say the least, seem to have really gone backwards in a big way this year.

I know many will say you can edit and it's all about the gameplay, but lets all be honest "if/when" EA do ever manage to get the gameplay right then PES really has no chance :cry:

Kingjames84
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingjames84 » 1 year ago

Gameplay looks fantastic and graphics looked a huge step up but no Spanish kits or Italian kits. This game shouldn't even be bought out on Xbox One their is no point. Authenticity of the game zero
Last edited by Kingjames84 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 1 year ago

JohnCB2013 wrote: I don't know about the rest of you, but, I kind of got taken in (my own fault for being to optimistic I guess :oops: ) when Konami started coming out with these big EXCLUSIVE deals I really thought that they were building towards something big at Gamescom (Serie A, Chinese SL etc.) but now I think even some of PES's biggest fans must see that these announcements were really just made to paper over the cracks before today's shocking unveiling, I really feel EA/Fifa have stitched Konami good & proper this year on the license front, losing La Liga, Copa and various big teams is a major disappointment to say the least, seem to have really gone backwards in a big way this year.

I know many will say you can edit and it's all about the gameplay, but lets all be honest "if/when" EA do ever manage to get the gameplay right then PES really has no chance :cry:
But EA will never nail the gameplay as long as they keep going the way they're going. They've had more than long enough to kill PES with its lack of licenses, but always come up short.

What gets me, though, is that the PES team my be small, but Konami aren't exactly short of funds. You think they'd take the risk at least once in competing with FIFA in terms of licenses. It could very well shift the market for football games if they were to pick up 10 or so licensed, or even partly licensed leagues.

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 1 year ago

Saw something regarding Dan Petrescu before that made me think the Russian league was set to be announced but it proved to be a red herring. Disappointed that the Spanish league is not licensed anymore, can't even remember the last time that happened in PES (PES 3????) but overall I'm not too disheartened. It will take literally an hour to create Bayern and the kit makers are so good these days that they will have an OF ready for launch and you won't even be able to tell that Real Madrid, Juve, Valencia etc aren't licensed. All the players will be real due to FifPro rules so no chance that Ronaldo will be called 'R. Conaldo' or some shit like that and he will be face captured due to being in the Portugal side. Playing as 'Piemonte' send me on a nostalgia trip back to my misspent youth, playing PES 1 on the PS1 anyway :lol: :lol:
Bury FC

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Missingno1990 wrote:
JohnCB2013 wrote: I don't know about the rest of you, but, I kind of got taken in (my own fault for being to optimistic I guess :oops: ) when Konami started coming out with these big EXCLUSIVE deals I really thought that they were building towards something big at Gamescom (Serie A, Chinese SL etc.) but now I think even some of PES's biggest fans must see that these announcements were really just made to paper over the cracks before today's shocking unveiling, I really feel EA/Fifa have stitched Konami good & proper this year on the license front, losing La Liga, Copa and various big teams is a major disappointment to say the least, seem to have really gone backwards in a big way this year.

But EA will never nail the gameplay as long as they keep going the way they're going. They've had more than long enough to kill PES with its lack of licenses, but always come up short.

What gets me, though, is that the PES team my be small, but Konami aren't exactly short of funds. You think they'd take the risk at least once in competing with FIFA in terms of licenses. It could very well shift the market for football games if they were to pick up 10 or so licensed, or even partly licensed leagues.

Your point there made me think of the news last year that Konami wanted to move away from AAA console games altogether aside from PES and Metal Gear. Do you think that the PES budget has been cut or told to work within their means? Just a thought that Konami might want rid of PES slowly but surely over the next few years.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

Bayern, Juventus and La Liga are obviously big losses, although I don't think anyone should really be that surprised, as all early signs suggested these licenses would be exclusive to EA for the season ahead.
JohnCB2013 wrote: I know many will say you can edit and it's all about the gameplay, but lets all be honest "if/when" EA do ever manage to get the gameplay right then PES really has no chance
I'll call it an 'if' - and a very big one at that. ;)

I try FIFA every single year but I always find the gameplay to be dull, lacklustre and repetitive. Sure, they are able to spend a shit load on licensing, marketing and presentation (all of which are fantastic in FIFA), however, this is only because 1) they can afford to and 2) they know doing so will magnify PES' issues with licenses (even though most are totally out of their control! (think) ) and from that, a lot of people will automatically pick up FIFA instead of PES.

At the end of the day, PES did fine back when Dennis Bergkamp was called 'Oranges002'. And, of course, the series is in a much stronger position now, so I feel it's a little too early to say PES is on the brink.
tommobfc wrote: Disappointed that the Spanish league is not licensed anymore, can't even remember the last time that happened in PES (PES 3????)
In PES 2011, it was called the Spanish League - I recall Sevilla and Malaga were unlicensed that year, too.
✅ 🐦 💟

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 1 year ago

I was about to ask about Brasilian and Argie sides, as they are in the demo but not on the official list on the website, but Adam just said on IGN they are going to announce more partnerships with LatAm sides in the coming weeks. He also said 'we've got soccer in our title.......we need to appeal to fans around the world...' Is that a hint at an MLS league being added?? (That's the sound of me clutching at straws :P :lol: )
Bury FC

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by JohnCB2013 » 1 year ago

It's just hard to get your head around how Konami can get in a position where they lost La Liga and Copa in the same year, I know all this license stuff can get complicated and difficult at times but you'd think the fact that these things were in the last few games would put Konami in a strong position to keep hold of them, two HUGE loses I feel no matter how you look at it, and every year the number of included licensed teams that compete in the CL & Europa get smaller & smaller, total waste of arguably their two biggest licenses.

Right now I'm thinking I'll probably hold off of buying on day one and see if anything else comes along via Data Packs and also see how much they make of the Liverpool license which for me (for obvious reasons) is the best thing about PES 2017.

On another note, can anyone explain what Konami have actually gained with the Exclusive club deals, I'm a little confused :? apart from Camp Nou is there anything they've got that Fifa has not? only other thing is the Legends, seems a lot of fuss over not very much, where as Fifa get Exclusive deals with Bayern, Juventus & Real Madrid and PES are blocked from having them, seems Konami are not so clever at these Exclusive deals (hmm)