📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by tommobfc » 3 years ago

Wasn't gunna bother with a US account but the anticipation is killing me, so gunna do it now.

On a side note, and Mike feel free to move/delete this post as I know it's a PES forum, have people been checking out the FIFA beta?? I know it's still in beta phase, but it looks atrocious right now. Player models and animations are better, but the gameplay and AI looks horrendous

Bury FC

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

tommobfc wrote: Wasn't gunna bother with a US account but the anticipation is killing me, so gunna do it now.
:-D
tommobfc wrote:Have people been checking out the FIFA beta?? I know it's still in beta phase, but it looks atrocious right now. Player models and animations are better, but the gameplay and AI looks horrendous
I've only seen one video from gamescom (Marco Reus playing 2v2), and the gameplay looks virtually unchanged from FIFA 16. Reading all the comments as well, it looks like lots of people are going to pick up PES this year.
✅ 🐦 💟

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

It's embarrassing that in this day and age EA are incapable of producing a game engine and AI that can play a coherent game of football. There is no variety between teams and players, the midfield is non existent: when the AI is on the attack they bomb 4/5/6 players into the box and as soon as the move breaks down they show no inclination to get back into their shape. 1/2 passes and the same thing is happening down the opposite end. Truly woeful. If people seriously don't move back to PES in decent numbers this time, they never will.
Bury FC

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

tommobfc wrote: It's embarrassing that in this day and age EA are incapable of producing a game engine and AI that can play a coherent game of football. There is no variety between teams and players, the midfield is non existent: when the AI is on the attack they bomb 4/5/6 players into the box and as soon as the move breaks down they show no inclination to get back into their shape. 1/2 passes and the same thing is happening down the opposite end. Truly woeful. If people seriously don't move back to PES in decent numbers this time, they never will.
I've been keeping up to date with FIFA. As far as I can tell the gameplay looks the same as the rubbish served last year. I'm hoping PES is as good as they are making it out to be. Don't know if I can go another year without a football game. After all the hype they gave gamescom and flopped I wouldn't be surprised if they ended bullshitting elsewhere.

The gameplay looks solid, here's hoping the Goalkeepers, ref's and edit mode are all they are being advertised as.
PSN: Walker2k7

Mike
Founder
Founder

Walker2o wrote: The gameplay looks solid, here's hoping the Goalkeepers, ref's and edit mode are all they are being advertised as.
Can definitely vouch for the keepers. From what I've played so far, they're probably the most significant improvement from 2016.

Did you see my triple save with Neuer from PES Day 2? If you didn't, here it is again:

[youtube]KOe97sc9FCM[/youtube]
✅ 🐦 💟

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 3 years ago

Must admit that looked good them saves. i have no doubt the gameplay will be better but I can't wait till November to play ml. yeah I saw the Fifa gamescom gameplay and it didn't look that bad but seeing and playing are different. still gonna play both demo's and decide

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Don't get me wrong, I will still try out the FIFA demo, as I do every year, I was just flabbergasted by how bad it looks, albeit in beta stage. They obviously have time to make changes, whether they will be significant or not only time will tell.
Bury FC

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

There's a distinct lack of fifa game play against the CPU to be found. The focus is very much on pvp throughout ultimate team. If you watch the fifa gamescom presentation (not the one with Reus) it's almost laughable how much they pushed FUT into the conversation.

Im hoping the CPU fouls go up due to the gametime being increased in the full game.
PSN: Walker2k7

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 3 years ago

Looking at videos of both PES and Fifa, well, they looked the same to me. If I hadn't specifically known I would have just thought they were last years versions. I bet both are essentially the same game as last time. I expect the sales figures for both to be pretty similar to last year too, I see no reason why anything would change.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 3 years ago

@Mike

Thanks for the link mate. I'll try it tomorrow. (y)

Don't think I'll bother trying creating my own kits and just leave it to the experts!

Heard a rumour of PSN China having the demo available btw

Sorry lads, it's absolute BS according to some guys who have made a Chinese account.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

BunglesFinger wrote:

Everyone else looking forward to the demo?
Of course! I just happen to be off for 5 days starting tomorrow. Got a ton of stuff to do mind but I expect I'll be on the demo when I can. Planning on having a handful of casual games first. Arsenal v Barca on superstar first. Actually hoping I don't win but I'll be playing hard. Then I'm going to test the crap out of this Adaptive AI. Didn't really notice this when I played the earlier build but plan On spending time to see how the AI adapts. I'm planning on constantly trying to through ball Walcott or playing it down his side. I'll see if the AI actually doubles up, like they have promised.~
Posts merged:
~
tommobfc wrote: have people been checking out the FIFA beta?
Don't really follow anything FIFA related on Twitter but it still gets coverage from retweets etc. Most of the youtubers seem to think it looks decent but I guess I see negatives from the casuals. I expect I'll still see a fair few FIFA related broken/smashed pad tweets this year. The youtubers must feel like the are selling a dead horse but strangely millions of people are queuing up for a portion of dead horse. I expect I'll check the demo out when it hits. If it's like last years game then I don't think I'll play it for long.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Can anyone show me ronaldo's face in pes 2017 please lol

Mike
Founder
Founder

danmarsh wrote: Can anyone show me ronaldo's face in pes 2017 please lol
Which one? ;)

Either way, neither face has been released yet. However, do not panic, both have presets this year and both look fantastic!
✅ 🐦 💟

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Mike wrote:
danmarsh wrote: Can anyone show me ronaldo's face in pes 2017 please lol
Which one? ;)

Either way, neither face has been released yet. However, do not panic, both have presets this year and both look fantastic!

Cr7

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

People tweeting from Konami event in Argentina. Looks like the full 30 Argentine teams are licenses, plus River Plate seem to be a Partner. If they are doing legends for them then I'm a bit stuck for players. I'd say Ariel Ortega from my knowledge. They have good former players but not many I'd consider Club Legends.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA